The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

For what it's worth... I've been angry fan since the beginning (I'm 48)...I have 4 sons,  2 in their 20s and 2 in their Teens.  Everyone who knows me knows how much I love this band.   All 4 sons got introduced when they were younger. 

I've never forced their hand and gave always listened you a variety of music around them.   All but my youngest address huge Guns fans.   I've brought those 3 to NITL concerts and they've had a ball at them. 

People seemed to be concerned about how well new music will be received,  but I think it would do well.   My sons pretty much loved the CD stuff nearly as much as the AFD and Illusions. 

I think the fans that grew up loving the original stuff will have a much more difficult time enjoying newer music as it would most likely sound nothing like AFD.  But younger fans I think will enjoy the newer stuff. 

Lastly... I'm actually pleased that so many of my sons friends are big GnR fans.  This band IS relevant to younger people more than we like to think.  I feel it's more the folks that are in their 30s that are more down on them. 

For whatever all of that was worth. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

I know it's off Topic but has anyone a update for Brent Fitz health update? He had something with his eye and he coudn't not finish Slash's tour. I don't find any new updates

He's doing great. I saw him last month; eyes are all good now.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

Actually didn't his wife have cancer and that's why he couldn't do a few dates?

nah, that is Frank Sidoris's wife. Brent did, in fact, had a detached retina and had to undergo an eye surgery.

Edited by Rovim

10 hours ago, djones1225 said:

Actually didn't his wife have cancer and that's why he couldn't do a few dates?

10 hours ago, Rovim said:

nah, that is Frank Sidoris's wife. Brent did, in fact, had a detached retina and had to undergo an eye surgery.

And Frank's wife is cancer free now.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, UcudBmine said:

Since nothing happened by now it's safe to say that it ain't happening. I actually don't think we'll ever get a new album.

May 20th or bust.

79 days until "The next chapter" officially begins :lol:

If there's no new single by then, or at least new material played in Lisbon, I've lost all hope.

Edited by jackparker123

3 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

May 20th or bust.

79 days until "The next chapter" officially begins :lol:

If there's no new single by then, or new material played in Lisbon, it's over.

I still don’t understand why people think they would only start playing new material in the middle of the tour and not from the beginning. Because of some marketing slogan? What about the fans from Mexico and SA? 
It’s March or bust! 

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

I still don’t understand why people think they would only start playing new material in the middle of the tour and not from the beginning. Because of some marketing slogan? What about the fans from Mexico and SA? 
It’s March or bust! 

It would be quite unfair on the Mexican / South American fans I guess, but they have to draw the line somewhere.

I'm clinging on to the little official information we do have!

If "The Next Chapter" turns out to be bullshit, Hamburg will likely be my last ever GNR gig.

I don't know if this has been said before in this thread (used the search button!), but there's a rumor on the Brazilian news that the new album it's called "Anubis", can't find the article where i read it! There's also the supposed album cover...

EDIT: there ya go: https://diversao.r7.com/pop/suposta-capa-de-novo-disco-do-guns-n-roses-celebra-deus-dos-mortos-na-mitologia-egipcia-13062017

Edited by Argento

3 minutes ago, Argento said:

I don't know if this has been said before in this thread (used the search button!), but there's a rumor on the Brazilian news that the new album it's called "Anubis", can't find the article where i read it! There's also the supposed album cover...

That definitely seems legit