John Frusciante returns to RHCP

vloors

I read that River and John were on a drug binge before they arrived at the Viper Room.

Bob Forrest has said that River came to him, the night he died, to tell him he wasn't feeling well, but Bob kind of shrugged it off because a lot of people, including himself, were doing drugs that night and he didn't want to draw attention to it. So he obviously feels bad about that. As for John, he talks about River in that infamous interview in 1994 but he was high as a kite and going on about how it is more a shame that he was born than that he died, or something.

The family has never talked about River a lot publicly but I can't imagine that they blame anyone. No one forced River to do drugs.

AK also mentioned Joaquin in his book, but briefly and that was only because his then-girlfriend was hitting on Joaquin if I remember correctly. As to what he thinks of the RHCP, I have no idea.

Anyway, this song from River's band was officially released two years ago and I quite like it,

Edited by EvanG
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Nicklord and @EvanG ! I couldn’t find any pics or videos like that myself!

its nice to see that the Phoenix family still seems to be on good terms with RHCP. I guess it’s like you said; drugs were everywhere back then. Any one of them could have died at any given time, really.

And I’m sure John regrets literally every single word he said in that 1994 interview lol. Dude was so fucked out of his mind in that video.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

On 10/02/2020 at 11:32 PM, rocknroll41 said:

Maybe the band is bitter that IWY didn’t end up being as commercially successful as they would’ve hoped?

Apparently Josh hated the album and was at odds ends with rubin.

Hence why the following lp they went with another producer.

He also hated having little input on the album.

Edited by vloors
  • Thanks 1

Just for fun, I made a "fanmade" album of a bunch of RHCP b-sides, rarities, etc. Created a cover art and everything for it!

Here's my reddit thread explaining it (don't worry mods, there's no audio or video links on this post): https://www.reddit.com/r/RedHotChiliPeppers/comments/f7ki0v/i_made_a_fanmade_rhcp_bside_album/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Happy birthday John Anthony Motherfuckin Frusciante! You escaped from the hellhole known as heroin, and made it to 50!! Keeping blessing the world with your music and your wisdom, both in and out of RHCP!!

in related news; I really hope this corona thing doesn’t force RHCP to cancel their comeback tour this summer. I was really looking forward to seeing them in Boston in late May!

On 3/7/2020 at 1:49 AM, EvanG said:

This is one of my favourite songs they did with Josh, it has that I'm With You vibe, a bit sombre and piano inspired, and with a lot of Josh vocals.

Wow that is a truly awful song! :blink:

Edited by DK6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 01/04/2020 at 5:50 AM, rocknroll41 said:

Boston Calling is canceled, but they said they’ll give people the option to either get full refunds or roll their tickets into 2021. They said they’ll announce the headliners for next year soon. If RHCP is reconfirmed again then I’ll just roll my tickets over.

Might be a blessing in disguise. More time to work on even more new music and prepare it for the shows.

Edited by vloors
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2020 at 12:53 PM, vloors said:

This may be good. Streamin today

This is up on youtube. Both of them playing music and chatting at Johns house. Will not post here due to forum rules. 

Great insight from the guys in their fav tracks. Majority punk and funk of course. John sounds so comfortable here and no longer stutters and is focused. 

Some of their fav songs

Adam and the Ants - Kings Of The Wild Frontier
The Slits - Shoplifting
China White - Anthem 
Defunkt - Defunkt
Suburban Lawns - Janitor
Adolescents - Kids of the Black Hole
Buzzcocks - Why Can't I Touch It
Devo - Smart Patrol/Mr. Dna

45 grave - Blackcross

B52s - 52 Girls

Edited by vloors

On 26/05/2020 at 3:28 AM, vloors said:

This is up on youtube. Both of them playing music and chatting at Johns house. Will not post here due to forum rules. 

Great insight from the guys in their fav tracks. Majority punk and funk of course. John sounds so comfortable here and no longer stutters and is focused. 

Some of their fav songs

Adam and the Ants - Kings Of The Wild Frontier
The Slits - Shoplifting
China White - Anthem 
Defunkt - Defunkt
Suburban Lawns - Janitor
Adolescents - Kids of the Black Hole
Buzzcocks - Why Can't I Touch It
Devo - Smart Patrol/Mr. Dna

45 grave - Blackcross

B52s - 52 Girls

Slits, The Adolescents, Buzzcocks, pure class.  Wouldn't've expected The Slits. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 6:13 AM, EvanG said:

Looks like Josh is a touring member for Pearl Jam now. I believe he also plays on Eddie Vedder's new solo record. Kinda cool of them to embrace him like that after the Peppers canned him.

How many friggin guitarists do they need!?!