Matt Sorum's Autobiography

I was wondering when he was going to finally get a release date it has been changed a few times.

I will definitely be getting this one to add to my GN’R book collection.

Also here is the US preorder

https://www.amazon.com/Double-Talkin-Jive-Stories-Revolver/dp/164160154X/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?

Edited by Tourettes2400

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

He should go on a book tour with the guy from the black crowes. All the spurned drummers.

I'm an Oasis fan- the original drummer, Tony McCarroll is one of the great 'spurned drummers' - he wrote a book about it, which gave me quite a few laughs. He likes Liam a lot but DESPISES Noel. Probably not a page goes by where he doesn't have a dig! A great read! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I'm an Oasis fan- the original drummer, Tony McCarroll is one of the great 'spurned drummers' - he wrote a book about it, which gave me quite a few laughs. He likes Liam a lot but DESPISES Noel. Probably not a page goes by where he doesn't have a dig! A great read! 

Make it a trio, with special appearances from Adler... for... ahem... select dates :P 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'd be interested just to read if he talks about 1994-1997. Slash and Duff wrote about that period briefly in their books, but each of them had one foot firmly out the door during that time, so we did not get a lot of details. Sorum actually spent a good bit of time jamming with Dizzy and Paul Tobias during that time. He probably has some cool stories to tell. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

I'd be interested just to read if he talks about 1994-1997. Slash and Duff wrote about that period briefly in their books, but each of them had one foot firmly out the door during that time, so we did not get a lot of details. Sorum actually spent a good bit of time jamming with Dizzy and Paul Tobias during that time. He probably has some cool stories to tell. 

He spoke a bit about that time before and basically said it was hazy because he was off the rails in "Hollywood lifestyle". I'm sure he could talk about a few things, but I think we can safely say this will be a Axl burial when it comes to anything related to GNR; and if that was his experience then of course he should write it. Pity we didn't get one final YCBM or November rain performance with him and Axl though... even after that brief blurb you can count Matt out of any future involvement.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lilacmess said:

So April 2020 it is.

I'm most interested in his take on his time with Tori Amos, but I doubt there will be much of it

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d5/Y_Kant_Tori_Read_Promo_Picture.jpg

Man, Tori Amos is awesome.  Little Earthquakes was brilliant, Especially Silent All These Years.  It's one of those songs that hits you and is moving.  

I really hope he talks about the dynamics of the relationship between him and Axl.  seems like neither can stand the other. 

I'd love to hear what it was like to produce Poe though.  ok, not really but I thought there were a couple of cool songs there.

you think he will talk about the NITL exclusion at all?  if so, I doubt we will ever see him on a gnr stage again.