Matt Sorum's Autobiography

I too guess it's not gonna be that interesting , just a variation of storys already known. Matt surely doesn't want to burn bridges with Slash, Duff, etc.

Maybe we can finally learn more about Duff's punk roots, now that would be exciting!!

Edited by El Guapo

3 minutes ago, Draguns said:

You are missing out. I've gotten into the habit go going to a coffee shop and just read a hardcover book or my Kindle. It's a good way to escape for a bit. 

I hear ya. My wife, friends and many people over the years have tried to get me into it. It never takes. Just not my thing. 

3 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Funny you say that about that cause this was what Gilby wrote....

gilbygtr

congrats Matt, i’m sure it’s fantastic. u are the only one who remembers accurately

that pretty much sounds like a diss.  Just not sure whome.  Matt?  Slash? Duff?   

There was least interaction between Gilby and Duff post GNR years.  On the other hand,  always thought Gilby was least druged during GNR years.  He seemed like light drugs type of guy.  Maybe that stoned look in Move to the city Tokyo video :lol:

5 hours ago, gunsguy said:

Why haven't you read any? 

+1

The VR stuff is probably more interesting than GNR.  I don't think he was cut in to anything interesting GNR related. Maybe an expanded anecdote about the NR Pat Boone / Debby Boone fill.... if you're lucky a couple pages on the mid 90's recording era. 

Who knows, though! He gives off that douche vibe, but at the same time he's been humbled enough times and never broke big enough to go full guns deluded asshole... he might be more thoughtful than people think. 

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

On 16/12/2019 at 7:38 PM, TeeJay410 said:

Honestly most interested in VR and how much he goes into basically everyone but Duff relapsing.

I'm interested in his take on VR break up. But I'm very much looking forward to his side of the story about everything that went on during the UYI Tour

5 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

he must be getting inquiries into the book from the weird camp 

Yeah. I dont think sorum should be light on his opinion because of any interference fromTB. Sorum was not asked to be part of the nitl lineup so in my view he doesnt owe it to TB totalk nice about axl.

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Yeah. I dont think sorum should be light on his opinion because of any interference fromTB. Sorum was not asked to be part of the nitl lineup so in my view he doesnt owe it to TB totalk nice about axl.

whats the real story ? He was offered some shitty guest spots for $200 ? 

On 21/12/2019 at 1:45 PM, double talkin jive mfkr said:

whats the real story ? He was offered some shitty guest spots for $200 ? 

No he was never asked. When the coachella dates went public a fan asked  him via insta if he had been offered or was part of the lineup. He said  no as he was never asked.

9 hours ago, Locke said:

Huge fan of GNR (obviously) and I love The Cult. I believe they are one and two on the list of the bands I've seen most over the years. I'm all in for Sorum's book.

Same here for those reasons.

On 12/19/2019 at 7:58 PM, Bansidhe said:

Waiting on it being delayed due to Sorum getting a Cease & Desist because of the name.

I'll maybe hold off for 6 months and get it for like £3 out of The Works.

Haha- my thoughts EXACTLY! 

Interested to read it, but the first thing I thought when I saw it was "£27? That's got The Works in a couple of months all over it!" 

2 hours ago, Muddy said:

The book comes out in April , I’m betting the new GNR album will be coming out at the same time . Sorum is smart and releasing this book at the same time as GNR release a new album would be a good business move as there will be a ton of promotion and press going on surrounding GNR at the time . You heard it hear first lol 

If the publishers of this book are aware of a GNR release schedule, I'd be amazed! 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

No he was never asked. When the coachella dates went public a fan asked  him via insta if he had been offered or was part of the lineup. He said  no as he was never asked.

Same here for those reasons.

for some reason i remember he was asked on twitter or some shit or in an interview and he was in fact contacted for shitty guest spots? or was that only gilby?