Matt Sorum's Autobiography

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, he says this (which he has said before) - and then, like other people in the thread who read the book when it was accidentally released said, he doesn't have a single good word to say about Slash in the whole book.

We don't know, but I think it's too much of a coincidence for it not to be the same song. Apparently it was reworked in early the NuGnR era and Axl added lyrics to it.

I agree, plus a lot of people feel the song has a classic GN'R sound compared to other CD-era stuff. Maybe the clip of the version we heard in live rehearsals was closer to the early instrumentals old GN'R played.

I too prefer a physical copy over digital, especially for a lengthy read. Hopefully it gets released. I guess someone could print it out, I have a spiral binder haha. 

10 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

PS......the passage where he claims that Stephanie Seymour starting RUBBING HIS BALLS while sitting right next to Axl was probably the most entertaining GNR moment of 2020 for me so far.

God dammit, I was gonna pass on looking for this/taking the time to read it but now I feel I have to :lol:

13 hours ago, History2010 said:

this might be what happened. The kind of information being revealed in this book is pretty sensitive and puts the relationship between the Big 3 at risk. It deserves to be told and out in the public tho IMO.

The only parts I'm interested in are the ones about Axl, to be honest. I had a feeling that he would try to get the book censored, or canceled.

3 minutes ago, MurielWeathers said:

The only parts I'm interested in are the ones about Axl, to be honest. I had a feeling that he would try to get the book censored, or canceled.

Well, Axl censored part of Sebastian's book, but they are apparently good friends. I wonder if Matt sent a the galleys to him to look at first - not sure if they're that close tho.

There isn't anything more about Axl in the book than the usual Matt said in his interviews.

Duff is the one who is put in the most awkward position. Not only about the reunion stuff, but even maybe about the Stephanie stuff - it's possible that Axl never knew about this.

14 minutes ago, Whigged said:

Well, Axl censored part of Sebastian's book, but they are apparently good friends. I wonder if Matt sent a the galleys to him to look at first - not sure if they're that close tho.

Source?

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Source?

Nothing confirmed, but there were some unflattering asides about Axl - one in particular where Bach said he was introduced to crystal meth by him and how the two used to smoke it together - that were excised from the final copy of the book. Something like that would likely be fodder for some pretty sensationalized headlines and I wouldn't be surprised to find out Axl kindly asked that portion be removed.

16 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The book sounds disappointing. I was expecting a well written book with insights on recording sessions and touring with GNR and VR. Not Stephanie Seymour rubbed my balls. That sets the tone for me. Axl “mean eyes” and “mean aura”. Lol.

I would've enjoyed more of that as well, more about the musical aspect of it.

He buries everyone by the end (except Izzy, Dizzy and Gilby who are rarely mentioned).

- Slash constantly screws him over throughout (every few chapters) be it money, getting into arguments or not wanting him to play at the Hall of Fame
- Makes claims like Duff said, Fuck Izzy and Frank can't play
- It's bitter by the end tbh and cannot imagine the band wanting to have him guest.
- Matt being furious when Axl, Duff and Slash went for an extra bow at a gig/Slash telling them they get to do it, because they started the band.

It's pretty tame on Axl compared to Slash and Duff.

I'm skeptical about some of the stories, because by his own admission he's drunk out off his mind through most of vr and gn'r.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

He buries everyone by the end (except Izzy, Dizzy and Gilby who are rarely mentioned).

- Slash constantly crews him over throughout (every few chapters) be it money, getting into arguments or not wanting him to play at the Hall of Fame
- Makes claims like Duff said, Fuck Izzy and Frank can't play
- It's bitter by the end tbh and cannot imagine the band wanting to have him guest.
- Matt being furious when Axl, Duff and Slash wemt for an extra bow at a gig/Slash telling them they get to do it, because they started the band.

It's pretty tame on Axl compared to Slash and Duff.

I'm skeptical about some of the stories, because by his own admission he's drunk out off his mibd through most of vr and gn'r.

Slash didn’t want him at the RnRHOF? So Gilbys claim that Matt forced his way in are correct. Sad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The book sounds disappointing. I was expecting a well written book with insights on recording sessions and touring with GNR and VR. Not Stephanie Seymour rubbed my balls. That sets the tone for me. Axl “mean eyes” and “mean aura”. Lol.

53 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I would've enjoyed more of that as well, more about the musical aspect of it.

I think a lot of people want that....those UYI albums were legendary ...to me Slash has one of the best tones of all time on that album.

I'd love to see the recording footage one day released.

• Like 3