Matt Sorum's Autobiography

6 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

for some reason i remember he was asked on twitter or some shit or in an interview and he was in fact contacted for shitty guest spots? or was that only gilby? 

Gilby i think. But i also remember gilby turned down the invite because he had released a solo album i think and was nore focused with that.....

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Gilby i think. But i also remember gilby turned down the invite because he had released a solo album i think and was nore focused with that.....

Gilby turned down too because his daughter was in these time to make one debut with her own band.

On 12/20/2019 at 9:07 PM, Rovim said:

Looking forward to reading it. Matt's a helluva douche. I don't trust him to tell the truth, at least not when it makes him look bad or not cool but it's probably going to be a fun read like Slash's book was.

My thoughts on Matt too.

I'll read it at some point despite this though, and also due to this lol.

I'm no lawyer but I doubt he will have to change the name of the book.  I'm   hoping he has more on VR than Scott Weiland did in his book-he surprisingly had very little.  Paul Tobias would actually be a fun read-I wonder if he ever pitched a book idea-I'm just not sure people outside of the boards or diehard Guns fans would have any idea who he is

Hopefully we learn more about those '94 - '97 sessions. Maybe we'll learn if Hardschool dates back to those sessions too. Along with what songs Axl liked on Snakepit, the original This I Love, the Izzy sessions in '95 I think, the Velvet Revolver material that was first GNR songs, and other material. Who knows maybe Matt wont take sides and just plain out say why GNR fell apart in the mid 90s (he'll probably still take Slash's side and blame Axl lol).

On 12/23/2019 at 9:57 PM, djones1225 said:

The only GNR book I want is by Beta Lebies. The book could be a self help book for money, the title could be "Rags to Riches - How to have a Rockstar Bring Money into Your Life" 

I am screaming here with laughter.    Very funny. Laugh of the day.

Edited by Amaya

• 1 month later...
On 30/12/2019 at 5:50 AM, Chester 524 said:

my vote for a book- "dont forget to take ALL the chicken out before you try it on" by Buckethead.

or here's a close second- "oh no, not again!"  a SHORT story by Axl's bike shorts

Betas book"from rags to riches, how to financially cleanup from living with a rockstar".

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ChineseDemocracy said:

He could, but look at what they put out after he was in the band. Its not like they were cranking out the hits anymore, and you see how often The Cult plays... not too much

They still have a strong fanbase and arent living as a nostalgia act at least.

Theres something to enjoy at every Cult album.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy said:

He could, but look at what they put out after he was in the band. Its not like they were cranking out the hits anymore, and you see how often The Cult plays... not too much

The cult released albums into the 90s including the 2000s. Plus doing theiir own side bands. Cult not tour much?. They toured worldwide the electric album start to finish in 2012/13, then did an album in 2015 "hidden city" toured worldwide including Australia in 2016, and they repackaged the sonic temple album last year as part of 30th anniversary and are still touring it. I hope they come to oz as i love that album.

No way you can compare output between gnr and the cult.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 2

And?  So?  There is a fairly recent  interview of Sorums around here  on this site   and Matt speaks of how financially life changing  his years were with GnR. Sounds like a guy who is proud, but honest and grateful for his good luck.                                             What some of you said,  he already said that.   One excerpt from his is not GnR, but of him transporting cocaine on himself from CA to Hawaii and how he felt uneasy his last time doing so. His ummm, "coworker ," did Matt's job and that guy ended up serving YEARS.   Matt ended serving YEARS soon after that too...serving  in GnR.  Sounds like a good book, not all just  aboutGnR, and fairly honest.

Edited by Amaya