Matt Sorum's Autobiography

1 minute ago, Lio said:

Rare Hollanders :P

True. I remember one kid in my class who held his ''spreekbeurt'' on GnR and he showed a picture of every bandmember and the girls just judged them on their looks, having no clue who the singer or lead guitarist was, except for maybe one or two. I remember some of them even liking Dizzy because of his hair, which to be fair, looked better than Axl's stringy, thinning hair.

8 minutes ago, Creed said:

Man, she was together with Axl. Axl was the hottest redheaded man in the showbiz back then. Its not only the look, i'm judging. Duff was a heavy alcoholic that probably shit and pissed in his pants. He looks great since he is totally clean. But back then he was a mess. Matt is a cool and funny guy and he looks very good since VR, but...it simple makes no sense why chicks like Steph would have liked to have a sexual encounter with him. Like Lio mentioned before: girls were not into Matt...but he is writing that Liz Taylor, Steph and many more wanted to be with him. Come on. He had a lot of groupies for sure, but thats it.

Totally agree with you (god this seems shallow:P) I dont find Matt at all attractive and really cannot imagine these ladies wanting to go further than a polite hello...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Creed said:

Man, she was together with Axl. Axl was the hottest redheaded man in the showbiz back then. Its not only the look, i'm judging. Duff was a heavy alcoholic that probably shit and pissed in his pants. He looks great since he is totally clean. But back then he was a mess. Matt is a cool and funny guy and he looks very good since VR, but...it simple makes no sense why chicks like Steph would have liked to have a sexual encounter with him. Like Lio mentioned before: girls were not into Matt...but he is writing that Liz Taylor, Steph and many more wanted to be with him. Come on. He had a lot of groupies for sure, but thats it.

If he claims that many women (whether they are celebrities or not is irrelevant) wanted to sleep with him, why would I doubt that? His looks and whether you or some posters on here think he's handsome or not, has nothing to do with it. You don't even know the guy. Maybe he can sweet talk the ladies like no one else? Maybe he's just extremely charming? Maybe I am wasting my time responding to this?

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

This has now turned into the GN'R gay fantasy thread. 

And you're loving it, don't deny it.

Just now, DurhamGirl said:

Totally agree with you (god this seems shallow:P) I dont find Matt at all attractive and really cannot imagine these ladies wanting to go further than a polite hello...

Sigh.

Who was the MyGNR member who had a bunch of groupie quotes regarding each GNR member in their sig? I remember Matt's was along the lines of "fucks like a rockstar and is a pro at eating pussy". Guess this book confirms it :P

8 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

From my experience, anything can happen. Absolutely anything. It's true for men and women. Whether they come from a wealthy or poor background, there's no rule. People cheat all over the globe, in whatever culture, whatever the looks. Look at Schwarzenegger sleeping with his ugly maid while his wife was much hotter. Just look at who Stephanie Seymour married, compared to Axl.

Looks don't guarantee 100% that your bf or gf won't cheat on you. Most people who cheat on their partners do it because they're either insecure with themselves (and in most of the cases want to prove themselves they can attract somebody else, no matter what they look like) or not satisfied with the relationship or lack having confidence in their partner or jealous of their partner for whatever reason. There could be other reasons, but those are the main reasons. You'd be surprised by how many women who are with good looking guys cheat on them with ugly guys, same for men with women, etc. It drives you crazy for a moment when you become aware of how fucked up some individuals are. 

Add to that cocaïne & whatever drugs Stephanie was doing at the time, it's totally possible she cheated on Axl back then, and that Matt is telling the truth. There are rumours Axl was cheating too, but somehow I don't believe it (not while being with Stephanie I mean). 

I would add that I know or have known a lot of men & women who have been cheated on by their partners and won't ever know it. Saddest thing is that in some cases, they have had kids since then, and they've been cheated all over and absolutely don't know it and you see photographs of the parents & kids looking all happy with the mother all smile when she's fucked some ugly dude before getting pregnant. Unbelievable.

Very recently, I have a friend (guy) who is good looking, self-accomplished, no evident vice, faithful, and I know his wife (who is also a friend though now I despise her) has cheated on him times & again (wasn't me doing the cheating btw), but now they have a baby girl, just learned that weeks ago. I haven't told him and will never tell him, I'm afraid it might destroy him. I'm amazed she went on having a baby with him, this is so wrong, and it's not like it's the first time I've witnessed a story like that. The guy she cheated on with was some random ugly dude at her work and she needed to feel she could be strongly desired by a man again (her words). It's crazy.

Best advice I could give to anyone would be always be on your guard and don't take anything too seriously, very few people have real honor, and having two partners as much in love with each other & 100% faithful for at least 5 years is extremely rare. You'd be stunned if you knew all the dark little secrets of most people and who did what with who. I mean if it was Brad Pitt we were talking about, anyone could understand how a woman would have slipped, but in most cases, the guy doesn't look like anything. Same thing for some men with some ugly women. So I'm not that surprised by Matt's story, though I don't 100% buy it, it could be real. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

Theres a saying that rings true.

Men will always be attracted to youth and beauty and women will always be attracted to money and power.

GNR back then were massive so i could understand the ladies queing for matt.

• Like 1

Duff looks bloated in 93 mostly, But I really liked his 91 or 92 version. If someone likes chill/polite type rockstars, Duff is the best option. And the Cher incident is totally possible.

Someone came over to me and said, “Cher really wants to meet Duff.”
The crowd was full of celebs that evening—people like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Keanu Reeves, and Johnny Depp.

I turned to Duff, who was standing off to one side, and I yelled, “Duff, Cher wants to suck your
dick!”
“Oh no,” he groaned.
“Come on, Duff,” I said. “Let’s go meet her.”
Duff seemed to deflate a little, but he mumbled, “OK.”
So we went over to see Cher, who held out her hand to Duff and said, “Hi” in that deep voice of hers. She was really devouring him with her
eyes.
Right then, John came over to tell us it was time to start the show,
saving Duff.

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I don't think he expected much or anything from Slash. Based on what he says in the book, it was Duff who he put pressure on. He didn't try to call Slash and invite him to dinner.

Arlett Vereecke, who is still very close to Slash, said in an interview a couple of years ago that there were problems with Matt in VR and this is why he is not in the reunion, which can be interpreted as that Slash didn't have any interest in putting Matt's name on the table in the negotiations for the reunion. And, if Matt is to be believed, what happened with the RRHOF confirms that things haven't been good between them for quite some time, so he must have known what to expect.

Slash doesn't seem to hold grudges in the way Axl does (cutting people off completely/not talking to them), so he can be "cool" with everybody and even do the occasional jam, but it doesn't mean that he's friends with all these people (in general there are probably few people he's really close with) or he wants to be in the same band with them. On the other hand, Duff seems to create friendships more easily and this is why people expect him to stick up for them. 

I think perhaps some people (like Matt?) find this harder to deal with. Maybe it's where the whole 'Slash is two faced' perception came from? I suppose at least with Axl's scorched earth approach they know where they stand! :lol:

3 hours ago, EvanG said:

True. I remember one kid in my class who held his ''spreekbeurt'' on GnR and he showed a picture of every bandmember and the girls just judged them on their looks, having no clue who the singer or lead guitarist was, except for maybe one or two. I remember some of them even liking Dizzy because of his hair, which to be fair, looked better than Axl's stringy, thinning hair.

Stringy thinning hair? You take that back :max:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, D.. said:

From my experience, anything can happen. Absolutely anything. It's true for men and women. Whether they come from a wealthy or poor background, there's no rule. People cheat all over the globe, in whatever culture, whatever the looks. Look at Schwarzenegger sleeping with his ugly maid while his wife was much hotter. Just look at who Stephanie Seymour married, compared to Axl.

Looks don't guarantee 100% that your bf or gf won't cheat on you. Most people who cheat on their partners do it because they're either insecure with themselves (and in most of the cases want to prove themselves they can attract somebody else, no matter what they look like) or not satisfied with the relationship or lack having confidence in their partner or jealous of their partner for whatever reason. There could be other reasons, but those are the main reasons. You'd be surprised by how many women who are with good looking guys cheat on them with ugly guys, same for men with women, etc. It drives you crazy for a moment when you become aware of how fucked up some individuals are. 

Add to that cocaïne & whatever drugs Stephanie was doing at the time, it's totally possible she cheated on Axl back then, and that Matt is telling the truth. There are rumours Axl was cheating too, but somehow I don't believe it (not while being with Stephanie I mean). 

I would add that I know or have known a lot of men & women who have been cheated on by their partners and won't ever know it. Saddest thing is that in some cases, they have had kids since then, and they've been cheated all over and absolutely don't know it and you see photographs of the parents & kids looking all happy with the mother all smile when she's fucked some ugly dude before getting pregnant. Unbelievable.

Very recently, I have a friend (guy) who is good looking, self-accomplished, no evident vice, faithful, and I know his wife (who is also a friend though now I despise her) has cheated on him times & again (wasn't me doing the cheating btw), but now they have a baby girl, just learned that weeks ago. I haven't told him and will never tell him, I'm afraid it might destroy him. I'm amazed she went on having a baby with him, this is so wrong, and it's not like it's the first time I've witnessed a story like that. The guy she cheated on with was some random ugly dude at her work and she needed to feel she could be strongly desired by a man again (her words). It's crazy.

Best advice I could give to anyone would be always be on your guard and don't take anything too seriously, very few people have real honor, and having two partners as much in love with each other & 100% faithful for at least 5 years is extremely rare. You'd be stunned if you knew all the dark little secrets of most people and who did what with who. I mean if it was Brad Pitt we were talking about, anyone could understand how a woman would have slipped, but in most cases, the guy doesn't look like anything. Same thing for some men with some ugly women. So I'm not that surprised by Matt's story, though I don't 100% buy it, it could be real. 

Your post reminds me of a couple of friends of mine. One guy that I know was dating his now wife back in college. He cheated on her left and right in those days. We would all cover for him stating that he was with us when he was with another woman. He told us at the time he wanted to get it out of his system before they were married and have kids. They are married and have three kids today. She never knew he cheated on her to this very day back in college. 

Another friend of mine cheated on his wife who was a former Calvin Klein model.  The woman who he cheated with got pregnant.  The reason why he cheated was because he felt pressured by his wife to get married. He wasn't ready for marriage.  They have since divorced. 

46 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Stephanie was probably just having fun. Just because she rubbed his balls doesn't mean she was seriously attracted to Matt. She was probably just amused or turned on by the fact that she could pull off something like that while Axl was sitting right next to her.

^^^This!

12 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I think perhaps some people (like Matt?) find this harder to deal with. Maybe it's where the whole 'Slash is two faced' perception came from? I suppose at least with Axl's scorched earth approach they know where they stand! :lol:

Gilby said on Riki Rachtman's podcast a while ago that, although he hung out with Slash during the UYI tour, and then they played and toured together with Snakepit, they never had a brotherly relationship - he said GnR, as he experienced it during the tour, was never a brotherhood and the only people who've had this kind of relationship are Slash and Duff. So he was basically saying that Slash is not someone he would expect loyalty from. Maybe Matt believed otherwise up to a point.

I'm surprised that Matt doesn't mention anything in the book about Slash's visit to Axl's house in 2005. I would be curious to read his take on that.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Your post reminds me of a couple of friends of mine. One guy that I know was dating his now wife back in college. He cheated on her left and right in those days. We would all cover for him stating that he was with us when he was with another woman. He told us at the time he wanted to get it out of his system before they were married and have kids. They are married and have three kids today. She never knew he cheated on her to this very day back in college. 

Another friend of mine cheated on his wife who was a former Calvin Klein model.  The woman who he cheated with got pregnant.  The reason why he cheated was because he felt pressured by his wife to get married. He wasn't ready for marriage.  They have since divorced. 

Very sad but happens all over the world, anywhere, anytime. Some people prefer to think we're all living in Disneyworld. I gave up on that idea a while ago.

• Like 1

So has there been any word on why the physical book has been cancelled? Because it looks like Matt was butthurt from how they reunited without him and he decided to tell it like it was - and I could definitely see Duff pleading for the book to be shelved or rather revised because of what Matt said about Duff talking about Frank. 

12 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Mostly because Axl said it.

Matt also conflates two different incidents that happened months away from each other: escaping Missouri to Illinois after the riot and Axl escaping Chicago to avoid arrest. The latter happened in April 1992, when they played a show in Chicago and cancelled the next one because they found out that Axl was going to be arrested. There were no charges filed against Axl right after the riot, the charges were filed about a month later and the arrest warrant some more months later after Axl didn't go to St. Louis to face the charges.

Excellent point!

4 minutes ago, Creed said:

Sure, there are many examples of girls who were in relationships with 'ugly' men. But we are talking about Stephanie Seymour. Look at her. She had class and was only into good looking or wealthy guys. And because of that, its absolutely unrelastic that hired chubby and curly Matt had any chance back then. I also really doubt that there were occasions where she were alone with the other guys. Axl was a control freak.

https://m.whosdatedwho.com/dating/stephanie-seymour

Who says anything about a relationship? Maybe she just wanted to have a one-night stand with him? It can be so many things. You can keep on assuming if that's what you want, but you're not making any sense. No offence.

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

From what Arlett said - she mentioned it as an example of the kind of problems that had occurred - Matt demanded he should be given equal exposure with Slash in the videos and had made a big deal out of it.

Oh ok, I remember that being brought up here before. Makes sense then if Slash didn't want someone around who was going to try to take more attention away from him.

3 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Stephanie was probably just having fun. Just because she rubbed his balls doesn't mean she was seriously attracted to Matt. She was probably just amused or turned on by the fact that she could pull off something like that while Axl was sitting right next to her.

That's what I think too.

7 hours ago, Creed said:

Sounds fishy to me, too. Matt is 'sexy' since his VR days. But he looked like an overweight sheep in Hells Angels clothes during UYI. There is absolutely no chance either that Steph tried to seduce bloated Duff back then. Steph left Axl for an affair with Charlie Sheen in 1991. She was only into good looking or wealthy man.

I've seen crazy chicks in my band days do this sort of shit ...coupled with the fact the amount of drugs they would have had going around.

It might not be that she is so much attracted to those guys but to stir up shit 

You've also got the fact Axl treated her like a princess from what info is out there and was always up and down with mood swings.

Then you got Matt who is just a confident upbeat party animal ….he was the only guy to stand up to Axl in that band too don't forget.

Edited by sackxl