Matt Sorum's Autobiography

Do we know anything about the legal/business entity for nuguns? Who other than Axl was on the board of directors for that?

completely spit balling here, but it would be interesting if Tommy was a partner. Band starts with tommy being looked to as the musical director/ the general. Band ends when Tommy is skipping tours and focousing on his family life. I dunno, like I said, just making a random guess.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, jamillos said:

I really wonder whether the book will be published (if at all) without any revisions (censorship). I'd think Matt quoting Duff dissing Frank and Fernandon't must be the reason it's been postponed/cancelled. 

It's postponed because it does look like it's been written by a dyslexic pervert.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, soon said:

Do we know anything about the legal/business entity for nuguns? Who other than Axl was on the board of directors for that?

completely spit balling here, but it would be interesting if Tommy was a partner. Band starts with tommy being looked to as the musical director/ the general. Band ends when Tommy is skipping tours and focousing on his family life. I dunno, like I said, just making a random guess.

Axl was asked in the 2008 forum chats if he was thinking of making the new members partners and he replied it was an interesting idea but there were "legal issues".

The NuGnR business entity was Black Frog. There are three corporations registered under this name in the California Secretary of State database, in which Axl is listed as the CEO (in two of them Beta is listed as officer/secretary): Black Frog Entities (which I guess was the main business), Black Frog Music (Axl's publishing company, which is probably now owned or co-owned by UMG) and Black Frog Touring (which has been dissolved). However Axl used the 1992 partnership to renew the registration of the "Guns N' Roses" trademark (the applications of renewal during the NuGnR era were signed only by Axl as "partner").

Edited by Blackstar
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Axl was asked in the 2008 forum chats if he was thinking of making the new members partners and he replied it was an interesting idea but there were "legal issues".

The NuGnR business entity was Black Frog. There are three corporations registered under this name in the California Secretary of State database, in which Axl is listed as the CEO (in two of them Beta is listed as officer/secretary: Black Frog Entities (which I guess was the main business), Black Frog Music (Axl's publishing company, which is probably now owned or co-owned by UMG) and Black Frog Touring (which has been dissolved). However Axl used the 1992 partnership to renew the "Guns N' Roses" trademark (the applications of renewal during the NuGnR were signed only by Axl as "partner").

Cool, thanks. Why do you say that the publishing company, Black Frog Music, is probably now owned or co-owned by UMG?

I ask since artists need to have a publishing company in order to collect their publishing royalties. One stream of publishing royalties is from the record label (in this case UMG). So that sounds like double-dipping on UMGs part? Also, independent auditing is common in that area of the trade - artists will audit the books - so it seems like too cozy of a relationship for an adversarial system, to be co-owners?

(Im anticipating the answer is because he took 14 mil from them for CD so this is the new deal. Or maybe Im just over looking something?)

38 minutes ago, soon said:

Cool, thanks. Why do you say that the publishing company, Black Frog Music, is probably now owned or co-owned by UMG?

I ask since artists need to have a publishing company in order to collect their publishing royalties. One stream of publishing royalties is from the record label (in this case UMG). So that sounds like double-dipping on UMGs part? Also, independent auditing is common in that area of the trade - artists will audit the books - so it seems like too cozy of a relationship for an adversarial system, to be co-owners?

(Im anticipating the answer is because he took 14 mil from them for CD so this is the new deal. Or maybe Im just over looking something?)

In 2005 (about a year after the label had stopped financing the CD project) Axl signed a publishing deal with Sanctuary Group (Merck) with which he leased his publishing rights for the next 20 years and so Black Frog Music was affiliated to Sanctuary. Sanctuary experienced difficulties at that time, so the deal was considered beneficiary for both parties:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3643-2005-01-25-soundgenerator-axl-rose-signs-new-deal

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3644-2005-01-26-the-times-sanctuary-shares-tumble-as-it-surprises-with-13-5m-losses

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3645-2005-02-01-associated-press-axl-rose-s-publishing-deal-fuels-feud

Sanctuary, though, didn't make it, and in 2007 it was bought out by Universal. So Axl's publishing deal was passed to Universal, which also happened to be his record label.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6755453.stm

In 2013 Universal sold Sanctuary to BMG

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/universal-sony-pias-and-ingrooves-partner-with-bmg-on-sanctuary-and-mute-catalogues/

but it seems it kept Axl's deal. Here Black Frog Music appears as a subsidiary of Universal:

https://www.easysonglicensing.com/pages/help/resources/music-publisher-contact-information.aspx?PublisherID=1373

Also here, if you click "expand" on one of the song and then on Black Frog Music contact info, it's Universal:

https://www.ascap.com/repertory#ace/writer/216357969/ROSE W AXL

Edited by Blackstar
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Creed said:

Well, i didn't find anything about that. Just the Lori Mattix Story, which dedicates he was into teens. She was probably not the only teen he slept with. Lori was a groupie though. 

If you wanna watch some really fucked up stuff, watch Jimmy Saville docus. This guy was pure evil. And i will never understand why the audience and the BBC didnt saw the creepy guy he was. On the other hand Paige was into occult shit, too. So, who knows whats true and what is not. But Saville...man, what a monster. He makes even Epstein look polite...

I had the autiobiography of richard cole, who wrote the book stairway to heaven. He was the tour manager for the band throughout the bands time and he touched upon Lori quite abit. From memory i dont think she was a groupie just a fan who was at the Rainbow one night in the mid 70s when the band were on tour. She was 14 and jimmy was 25 or 27 when they met. But she travelled with the band on all US tours from then on. Richard quoted that the age difference while now would be abhorrent, back then not many people raised eyebrowes. Strange, but agree Lori wasnt the only one.

Edited by Sydney Fan

19 hours ago, Creed said:

Just read a bit about Jimmy and young girls. As said before...probably every musician slept with teens. And its not like the girls were forced to do it. They wanted to and many of them were groupies who slept with other musicians, too. There is a difference between Epstein, Wildstein, Cosby, etc and musicians. It sounds weird, but what musicians do is actually fan service.

“Fan service”: a 25 year old man sleeping with a 14 year old that hasn’t even fully developed her frontal lobe. Just gross.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NicoGNR5 said:

“Fan service”: a 25 year old man sleeping with a 14 year old that hasn’t even fully developed her frontal lobe. Just gross.

Frontal lobe? Lol. Huh? Most of human history 14 year old were wed to men well above their age. I’m certain frontal lobe development really matters. 

17 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Fine line between 'it's not like the girls were forced to it" and "the rich and powerful taking advantage of their position of power" though. 

The former has been used to defend the behaviour of many a predator through the years. 

Do you really think Slash was a predator? More like a prey.

14 hours ago, Drexl said:

It's postponed because it does look like it's been written by a dyslexic pervert.

I don't think that would surpass the problematic parts regarding the Reunion. We'll see how the final version will look like, if it ever gets released at all. 

37 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I don't think that would surpass the problematic parts regarding the Reunion. We'll see how the final version will look like, if it ever gets released at all. 

I think it will be exactly the same version as the one floating around now. It's not hard to see that due to the Corona crap the book got pushed back.

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Frontal lobe? Lol. Huh? Most of human history 14 year old were wed to men well above their age. I’m certain frontal lobe development really matters. 

Yes, frontal lobe of the brain. Black people used to be slaves back in the day in most countries. Still doesn’t make it alright. That’s a really bad appeal to tradition type of fallacious argument, but okay I guess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NicoGNR5 said:

Yes, frontal lobe of the brain. Black people used to be slaves back in the day in most countries. Still doesn’t make it alright. That’s a really bad appeal to tradition type of fallacious argument, but okay I guess.

It’s biology. Not pedophila. Black people used to be slaves in most countries? What are you taking about? No, not most countries, some countries. Black people weren’t slaves in Mexico or Canada, or South American countries. That’s like half the world. Women were once married at an early age because biology supported that view point. Frontal lobe. Lol. I guess nobody without a fully develops frontal lobe knows anything about life. They are just fucking retards. Hell, I’m certain I beat the first Zelda game without a developed frontal lobe and that game was difficult. How did I do it? 

4 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

I think it will be exactly the same version as the one floating around now. It's not hard to see that due to the Corona crap the book got pushed back.

The book is garbage, though. I mean, it had some cool insights and a few laughs, but Matt did not come off as serious artist. It was a frat boy vibe, which is cool and it’s his story to tell. But, after reading the book I totally get why he was not wanted on this tour at all. The whole band would rather have a dive bar drummer than deal with obnoxious vibe. He is 60 and talks like a man child. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

It’s biology. Not pedophila. Black people used to be slaves in most countries? What are you taking about? No, not most countries, some countries. Black people weren’t slaves in Mexico or Canada, or South American countries. That’s like half the world. Women were once married at an early age because biology supported that view point. Frontal lobe. Lol. I guess nobody without a fully develops frontal lobe knows anything about life. They are just fucking retards. Hell, I’m certain I beat the first Zelda game without a developed frontal lobe and that game was difficult. How did I do it? 

There were enslaved Africans in Canada.

There were enslaved Africans in Mexico.

There were enslaved Africans in Latin America. In the millions in fact.

wtf are talking about??

Edited by soon
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Ooh,i'll have to have a look at that.

49 minutes ago, IrishgunnerII said:

Not just John Lydon but Alf garnett is till death do us part calls out saville during one episode. 

6 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Ooh,i'll have to have a look at that.

There is a siren going off in @Len Cnut gaff right now to alert him when Lydon, old British sitcoms and disgraced cultural icons crop up in conversation.

This is a rare hat trick and I worry he might self combust 😂 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

There is a siren going off in @Len Cnut gaff right now to alert him when Lydon, old British sitcoms and disgraced cultural icons crop up in conversation.

This is a rare hat trick and I worry he might self combust 😂 

I did think of Len when i wrote that :lol:

4 minutes ago, Rayno said:

Then read your comment again.

Sure. In reference to someone talking about Jimmy Page, I quoted him and commented: 

"Fine line between 'it's not like the girls were forced to it" and "the rich and powerful taking advantage of their position of power" though. 

The former has been used to defend the behaviour of many a predator through the years."

Please feel free to point out the moment I called Slash a predator in my comment.