Matt Sorum's Autobiography

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Sure. In reference to someone talking about Jimmy Page, I quoted him and commented: 

"Fine line between 'it's not like the girls were forced to it" and "the rich and powerful taking advantage of their position of power" though. 

The former has been used to defend the behaviour of many a predator through the years."

Please feel free to point out the moment I called Slash a predator in my comment. 

Well, quite frankly the post you reacted to was this one:

Just read a bit about Jimmy and young girls. As said before...probably every musician slept with teens. And its not like the girls were forced to do it. They wanted to and many of them were groupies who slept with other musicians, too. There is a difference between Epstein, Wildstein, Cosby, etc and musicians. It sounds weird, but what musicians do is actually fan service.

Sounds rather general to me than directed only to Jimmy Page. But hey, maybe I was wrong.

58 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Ooh,i'll have to have a look at that.

He doesn’t, he just calls him a ‘middle aged albino clunk-click ponce’, its been doing the rounds on youtube for years now saying its him exposing Saville but its not, if you watch the episode he’s just doing one of his massive rants about the degeneration of British values and citing Top of the Pops and popstars in general as ‘evil painted ewes dressed up as women’ :lol:  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rayno said:

Well, quite frankly the post you reacted to was this one:

Just read a bit about Jimmy and young girls. As said before...probably every musician slept with teens. And its not like the girls were forced to do it. They wanted to and many of them were groupies who slept with other musicians, too. There is a difference between Epstein, Wildstein, Cosby, etc and musicians. It sounds weird, but what musicians do is actually fan service.

Sounds rather general to me than directed only to Jimmy Page. But hey, maybe I was wrong.

You most certainly are wrong. 

I was pointing out that saying "it's not like the girls were forced to do it" is what a lot of predators say to justify their actions. As is abundantly clear. 

So maybe give the word twisting and deliberate misreading a rest when chucking out accusations and trying to generate outrage. Thanks. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

You most certainly are wrong. 

I was pointing out that saying "it's not like the girls were forced to do it" is what a lot of predators say to justify their actions. As is abundantly clear. 

So maybe give the word twisting and deliberate misreading a rest when chucking out accusations and trying to generate outrage. Thanks. 

"I was pointing out that saying "it's not like the girls were forced to do it" is what a lot of predators say to justify their actions. As is abundantly clear."

OK. And this is exactly the narrative the oversensitive #metoo warriors are using to discredit not only the true predators (that are very real) but also the attractive men in attractive positions. Which is sick. And considering the fact this is the thread about Matt's book and the forum about GNR...

1 minute ago, Rayno said:

"I was pointing out that saying "it's not like the girls were forced to do it" is what a lot of predators say to justify their actions. As is abundantly clear."

OK. And this is exactly the narrative the oversensitive #metoo warriors are using to discredit not only the true predators (that are very real) but also the attractive men in attractive positions. Which is sick. And considering the fact this is the thread about Matt's book and the forum about GNR...

Ah, here we go. True colours time. The usual right-wing nonsense about #metoo being oversensitive and people making up allegations. I thought there was probably some sort of agenda going on here. There usually is. 

If the 'narrative' of 'having sex with underage girls is ok if the girls want to do it' is alright in your world, then I fear for your future as a free-man. But I don't believe for one second any sane person would say that on a public forum, so I think myself (and most others) will simply write you off as an antagonistic troll. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Creed said:

Well, i didn't find anything about that. Just the Lori Mattix Story, which dedicates he was into teens. She was probably not the only teen he slept with. Lori was a groupie though. 

If you wanna watch some really fucked up stuff, watch Jimmy Saville docus. This guy was pure evil. And i will never understand why the audience and the BBC didnt saw the creepy guy he was. On the other hand Paige was into occult shit, too. So, who knows whats true and what is not. But Saville...man, what a monster. He makes even Epstein look polite...

https://www.rollingstone.it/musica/news-musica/pete-townshend-larresto-per-pedofilia-mi-ha-salvato-la-vita/483709/

here it is.

But it's in italian...

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Ah, here we go. True colours time. The usual right-wing nonsense about #metoo being oversensitive and people making up allegations. I thought there was probably some sort of agenda going on here. There usually is. 

If the 'narrative' of 'having sex with underage girls is ok if the girls want to do it' is alright in your world, then I fear for your future as a free-man. But I don't believe for one second any sane person would say that on a public forum, so I think myself (and most others) will simply write you off as an antagonistic troll. 

Hey, calm down. First - I am a life-long left-leaning person. Not that is important, just trying to put it straight.

I never said having sex with underage girls is ok. It's not. I never denied there are male sex predators. There are. Many of them. I just said the fact someone fucks groupies doesn't necessarily means he's the predator. Because maybe sometimes he's an attractive rock musician and some free women just want to shag him cos he's sexy. That's all.

It's you who has an agenda, not me. Your anti-inclusive (sic!) language speaks volumes.

1 minute ago, Rayno said:

Hey, calm down. First - I am a life-long left-leaning person. Not that is important, just trying to put it straight.

I never said having sex with underage girls is ok. It's not. I never denied there are male sex predators. There are. Many of them. I just said the fact someone fucks groupies doesn't necessarily means he's the predator. Because maybe sometimes he's an attractive rock musician and some free women just want to shag him cos he's sexy. That's all.

It's you who has an agenda, not me. Your anti-inclusive (sic!) language speaks volumes.

Sure. It's those "oversensitive" #metoo types just making up things to "discredit attractive men in attractive positions" isn't it? 

Good switching of the argument though to make it about "groupies" rather than "underage girls" (which is what the entire discussion was based on). 

It's a cast iron FACT that sexual predators will often cry "well, no one is making the girls do anything" when having sex with underage people. That is not some 'narrative' as you call it. It's used as a defense. 

If someone is having sexual intercourse with a minor, it's a crime. No matter the circumstances. It makes them a predator. There IS NO 'doesn't necessarily means he's a predator' involved. They will go to prison. 

I have literally no idea what you mean by 'anti-inclusive'. Anyway, I'll pop you on 'block' from now, so no need to respond. I'm really not interested in people calling any victim of sexual crime 'oversensitive' or suggesting that they're making up to "discredit attractive men", let alone anonymous ones on an internet forum. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Sure. It's those "oversensitive" #metoo types just making up things to "discredit attractive men in attractive positions" isn't it? 

Good switching of the argument though to make it about "groupies" rather than "underage girls" (which is what the entire discussion was based on). 

It's a cast iron FACT that sexual predators will often cry "well, no one is making the girls do anything" when having sex with underage people. That is not some 'narrative' as you call it. It's used as a defense. 

If someone is having sexual intercourse with a minor, it's a crime. No matter the circumstances. It makes them a predator. There IS NO 'doesn't necessarily means he's a predator' involved. They will go to prison. 

I have literally no idea what you mean by 'anti-inclusive'. Anyway, I'll pop you on 'block' from now, so no need to respond. I'm really not interested in people calling any victim of sexual crime 'oversensitive' or suggesting that they're making up to "discredit attractive men", let alone anonymous ones on an internet forum. 

Thank you for proving me right. "Block", "ban", "exclude", "fire" - it's intolerrant aggresive people like you and your stupid fanatic language what makes this world toxic.

This sounds like a part of a Monty Python script: I have literally no idea what you mean by 'anti-inclusive'. Anyway, I'll pop you on 'block' from now, so no need to respond.

I will say it again: Having sex with underage girls (boys) is wrong. Got it?

I remember, that a year or two ago, Matty-boy wrote on Instagram how proud he was of Coma. Today it's shit for him. It doesn't matter when he was honest. What matters is, what a pathetic, miserable, whining bitch he is.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

It’s biology. Not pedophila. Black people used to be slaves in most countries? What are you taking about? No, not most countries, some countries. Black people weren’t slaves in Mexico or Canada, or South American countries. That’s like half the world. Women were once married at an early age because biology supported that view point. Frontal lobe. Lol. I guess nobody without a fully develops frontal lobe knows anything about life. They are just fucking retards. Hell, I’m certain I beat the first Zelda game without a developed frontal lobe and that game was difficult. How did I do it? 

Biologically, some girls are sexually mature at age 9 or even younger. However, biologically, sex tends to result in a pregnancy and the risk of complications for the mother and the baby is far greater if the mother is in her teens or younger. So, I wouldn't say that even biology supports the viewpoint that sex with an underage person is acceptable - at least if it's her biology you are concerned with (which it probably isn't).

• Like 2

Ok. Lots of good tpoics the last 2 pages.  Frontal lobe. Scientists,  biologist say humans frontal lobe is still developing at 18.                                                                    Age for relationships matter.  Serious subject. Yes, it has evolved as society has. Rx. Loretta Lynn got married at 13 in Appalachia  Hill Country 70  something years ago. Her husband ,Mooney, was older, but not too much. Today, no way . Under 18 has to be protected under the law and by society. Age maytets. 18 and 38 or 48.  ok. Legal adults. 13 and 18, no , but 18 and 23 ,ok.  Why is hard for some of you to undetstand and it has to spelled out Groupies Lori,Starr were minors even then under the law. Statutory Rape. It was wrong for Jimmy Page and all the rest of these guys. You cannot make it right no kind of way then or now. Yes the girls were not held captive, exploited, hidden, kept against their will and they were runaeays or had free living hippie homes. It was not equal in age thus ewual every other eay. See the movie Almost Famous.  The groupies wete based on Starr. Lori Maddox.  They in real life were called some groupi name something. Take it to mid 1980s GnR then and then drugged Izzy and stripper, drug addict 15 year DesiCraft which is not her real name. Had he been underage equal to her underage, 17 to 15, ok. He had a multi-million contract and tour of Europe, etc. Jimmy is the Legendary Jimmy Page. Desi, was rid of before that rise  up in Izzys life and Jimmy moved then to other groupies,  etc.  Those underage children,  oh  turned not so good.  Sad endings. Look them up- Lori M and Starr. Desi ,whatever her real name was, is probably died or looks dead or lives hard life in the pits still. I doubt she had a fictional Pretty Woman movie story. Fictional. That does not happen in real life. Imbalance of age, power, developed frontal lobe, money n power, protection of minors, etc. proves my point. 

Edited by Amaya
  • Like 1

Correction. LoriM faired out in the end ok. See Wikipedia.  Sable Star was the name and she is deceased. The GTOs were the groupie girl's group name. Still. no matter how you look at it or how some of them faired out ok in the end,  the age and positions were unbalanced every which way.  It was still ugly.

1 hour ago, Amaya said:

Correction. LoriM faired out in the end ok. See Wikipedia.  Sable Star was the name and she is deceased. The GTOs were the groupie girl's group name. Still. no matter how you look at it or how some of them faired out ok in the end,  the age and positions were unbalanced every which way.  It was still ugly.

All fair points. When it comes to art I mostly can separate the artist from the art. Harvey Weinstein is largely responsible for Tarantino. Does that excuse his behavior. No. But, Weinstein is responsible for some great art and art that has brought me a lot of enjoyment. Page, I’m a diehard, but his private life has never been an issue with me. And his art has probably healed more people than his behavior has destroyed people. I used to like R Kelley but I can’t listen to music at all anymore. Axl from I recall was accused of rape by a penthouse model once and afterwards apologized to her and gave her some excuse. Her story, but it sounded credible, but I don’t view Axl thru that lens. 

Yes. Art/ position can be separated  from the artist/ person. In Pages case, the groupies were not held hostage,abused, etc. Think if the times too. I am not biased. RKelly, no. You are talking about underaged girls, held hostage and things and the industry knew. No one said anything. I never heard of that story about Axl. I am not taking up, but I will put in the " Not enough proof, dont know box."  

27 minutes ago, Amaya said:

Yes. Art/ position can be separated  from the artist/ person. In Pages case, the groupies were not held hostage,abused, etc. Think if the times too. I am not biased. RKelly, no. You are talking about underaged girls, held hostage and things and the industry knew. No one said anything. I never heard of that story about Axl. I am not taking up, but I will put in the " Not enough proof, dont know box."  

Axl was accused of forcibly raping a model at a party. It sounded credible and there is the story of him and that 15 year old girl, but again I don’t let it change my opinion of Axl as an artist. But the stories are a trip to hear when I hear Duff speak nowadays. But, those guys were all hungry to make it and allowed or enabled Axl’s behavior. 

• Like 2

I have a lot of mixed feelings from time to time about whether I should continue to support GNR in any way. There are other reasons, but their history of abusing women and girls is high on the list. I suppose the way I currently see it is that it's okay for me to be a fan as long as I make it clear that I don't condone any wrongdoings. There is good and bad in people. The good stuff doesn't magically disappear when you become aware of something bad.

But I don't find this approach 100% satisfactory by any means. I don't want to turn my back on the victims by selfishly continuing to enjoy the music as if nothing happened or by forever sitting on the fence because I can't be 100% certain whether someone is telling the truth.

24 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I have a lot of mixed feelings from time to time about whether I should continue to support GNR in any way. There are other reasons, but their history of abusing women and girls is high on the list. I suppose the way I currently see it is that it's okay for me to be a fan as long as I make it clear that I don't condone any wrongdoings. There is good and bad in people. The good stuff doesn't magically disappear when you become aware of something bad.

But I don't find this approach 100% satisfactory by any means. I don't want to turn my back on the victims by selfishly continuing to enjoy the music as if nothing happened or by forever sitting on the fence because I can't be 100% certain whether someone is telling the truth.

Jesus fuckin' Christ...

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I wish I could just take you backstage so you get a glimpse of reality.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Axl was accused of forcibly raping a model at a party. It sounded credible and there is the story of him and that 15 year old girl, but again I don’t let it change my opinion of Axl as an artist. But the stories are a trip to hear when I hear Duff speak nowadays. But, those guys were all hungry to make it and allowed or enabled Axl’s behavior. 

What stories were these?

47 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

What stories were these?

The first one I can’t source now. I cannot find it online. It was story about a penthouse model at a party. She told a very credible story with no negativity or shit talking. She said Axl forced himself on her at a party, anally I believe, and she later during the party he approached her and apologized telling her some excuse about his life. The 15 year old one is well documented and a thread was here about it. 

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/how_axl_rose_avoided_statutory_rape_charge_from_a_15-year-old_girl.html

Edited by The Holographic Universe

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

What stories were these?

I guess he means the Sheila Kennedy story. According to her, she went to Axl's room to have sex with him and Axl was violent to her (some of her peripheral information can't be verified, but anyway).

The other one is, I suppose, the "Michelle" story from 1986 that has been discussed a lot and we've written about (with much more information than the link from Mick Wall's book above) here:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4942-06-january-december-1986-getting-signed#18944

Edited by Blackstar