Matt Sorum's Autobiography

1 hour ago, axlvai said:

Im very excited for the UYI 30 years. More than a new album.

Iam to. But hope the band dont half ass it in terms of product. I reckon all they will do is remastered illusions, remastered tokyo DVDs and that will be it. I hope im proved wrong because i want to billboards,  merch, dvds etc and the band really go all out for the fans and not an overpriced boxset again.

16 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Iam to. But hope the band dont half ass it in terms of product. I reckon all they will do is remastered illusions, remastered tokyo DVDs and that will be it. I hope im proved wrong because i want to billboards,  merch, dvds etc and the band really go all out for the fans and not an overpriced boxset again.

They could literally release a pro shot of the entire tour 30 years to the day of every show for 3 years from 2021 to 2023. But this is GNR they don't release shit

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, axlvai said:

Idk how to say it, but i think the delayed book have to do with a big thing going on. 

If it was any other band, I would say maybe.  But with GNR, do not read anything into anything lol that is a one-way ticket to disappointment :lol:

6 hours ago, WhazUp said:

If it was any other band, I would say maybe.  But with GNR, do not read anything into anything lol that is a one-way ticket to disappointment :lol:

So true indeed. "Loose your illusions" would be a very good name to a new album.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, shepP said:

Not sure if this was mentioned but a cool trick is you can download a sample of the book.  I just did via itunes.  Gives a taste of what’s to come in July.

Anything good worth mentioning? I'm particularly curious about any insight (unless it's a rehash of what he's previously commented on) as to the 1994 - 1997 era, leading up to his departure. 

Funny how he and Axl met up in 2006 but Matt never really elaborated on exactly what was discussed. 

There's a sample on Amazon, too. It's mostly the parts about his childhood and The Cult.

There is a story about Axl supposedly saying that he wanted to fund the army in Nicaragua. Sorum mentioned something like that in the 2016 BBC documentary, too, only there it was Guatemala. Apparently Matt doesn't know anything about these countries or what he's talking about.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

There's a sample on Amazon, too. It's mostly the parts about his childhood and The Cult.

There is a story about Axl supposedly saying that he wanted to fund the army in Nicaragua. Sorum mentioned something like that in the 2016 BBC documentary, too, only there it was Guatemala. Apparently Matt doesn't know anything about these countries or what he's talking about.

For the Americans all is same, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina......:D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, rebeldhipi said:

Ill be buying this. Considering axl didnt ask sorum to be apart of nitl, hope sorum doesnt think he owes axl a postive mention in the book.

28 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Ill be buying this. Considering axl didnt ask sorum to be apart of nitl, hope sorum doesnt think he owes axl a postive mention in the book.

From interviews I've seen Matt seemed to be the only one who challenged Axl on his lateness for gigs. It should be interesting. 

I'm sure Matt was offered a small guest spot on the NITLT tour but turned it down. 

I met Matt Sorum waaaaay back in the summer of 1999.   Cool dude, he signed my UYI LP for me.

I asked him about the SPIN artlcle tha had just been published and he laughed and said something like "Yeah, Axl wasn't too happy with me about that."

Knowing how Axl holds grudges over the years, it could be as simple as he didn't like that Sorum was dishing dirt on him in the press over 20 years ago.   Of course, Sorum has said much worse since then, so I can understand why Axl wouldn't want him around.   He's a "Suppressive Person" as the scientologists would say.

The Axl grudges are very stupid. He keeps his shyt list members for decades. It is a very poor reflection on him. He should have stopped that shyt by 2000, late 90s. He is to be pittied, well not pittied, but looked on as pathetic.  Meanwhile Matt, Steven are living, happy, full, whole, healthy , adult real lives.                      I think Matt's book will very interesting and will sell well amoung GnR fans.

Edited by Amaya
Spacing

4 hours ago, WildStar said:

From interviews I've seen Matt seemed to be the only one who challenged Axl on his lateness for gigs. It should be interesting. 

I'm sure Matt was offered a small guest spot on the NITLT tour but turned it down. 

4 hours ago, WildStar said:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/matt-sorum-says-he-wasnt-asked-to-take-part-in-guns-n-roses-reunion/

He wasnt asked.

2 hours ago, Amaya said:

The Axl grudges are very stupid. He keeps his shyt list members for decades. It is a very poor reflection on him. He should have stopped that shyt by 2000, late 90s. He is to be pittied, well not pittied, but looked on as pathetic.  Meanwhile Matt, Steven are living, happy, full, whole, healthy , adult real lives.                                                                I think Matt's book will very interesting and will sell well amoung GnR fans.

It'll be in the bargain bins within 2 months, as Adler's was. 

I'll pick up a copy then. 

• Haha 1

I've wondered what has happened to Axl's grudges that came about solely because of people associating with Slash. Back in 2014/2015, Josh Freese said he was bummed out about the fact that he ended up on Axl's shit list for playing on a couple tracks on Slash's 2010 solo album. So what happens now that Axl and Slash are cool again? Do people like Freese automatically end up back in Axl's good graces?