Jump to content
Gibbo

Matt Sorum's Autobiography

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Amaya said:

The Axl grudges are very stupid. He keeps his shyt list members for decades. It is a very poor reflection on him. He should have stopped that shyt by 2000, late 90s. He is to be pittied, well not pittied, but looked on as pathetic.  Meanwhile Matt, Steven are living, happy, full, whole, healthy , adult real lives.                                                                I think Matt's book will very interesting and will sell well amoung GnR fans.

It'll be in the bargain bins within 2 months, as Adler's was. 

I'll pick up a copy then. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've wondered what has happened to Axl's grudges that came about solely because of people associating with Slash. Back in 2014/2015, Josh Freese said he was bummed out about the fact that he ended up on Axl's shit list for playing on a couple tracks on Slash's 2010 solo album. So what happens now that Axl and Slash are cool again? Do people like Freese automatically end up back in Axl's good graces? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Amaya said:

The Axl grudges are very stupid. He keeps his shyt list members for decades. It is a very poor reflection on him. He should have stopped that shyt by 2000, late 90s. He is to be pittied, well not pittied, but looked on as pathetic.  Meanwhile Matt, Steven are living, happy, full, whole, healthy , adult real lives.                                                                I think Matt's book will very interesting and will sell well amoung GnR fans.

Steven who...ADLER?! Healthy adult full life? That’s a joke, right?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, themadcaplaughs said:

According to certain wrestlers (so believe it if you want) there's, for no real known reason, still bad blood on Axl's side regarding Sorum. Apparently, early in the negotiations, Slash and Duff even tried to bring up bringing Matt on board and Axl laughed it off. 

I've heard that too, although I didn't know that wrestlers were involved with GnR stuff.

1 hour ago, themadcaplaughs said:

I've wondered what has happened to Axl's grudges that came about solely because of people associating with Slash. Back in 2014/2015, Josh Freese said he was bummed out about the fact that he ended up on Axl's shit list for playing on a couple tracks on Slash's 2010 solo album. So what happens now that Axl and Slash are cool again? Do people like Freese automatically end up back in Axl's good graces? 

Not just a couple tracks, Josh played on most of the album

14 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Steven who...ADLER?! Healthy adult full life? That’s a joke, right?

He's doing great, been like that for the last few years.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, WildStar said:

Oh yes good old Blabbermouth it's coming back to me now. Gilby was asked wasn't he but he went to his daughters panto or something 

I tried to find matts twitter where he mentioned he wasnt asked, so had to unfortunately post the blabbermouth as a "source".

Edited by Sydney Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, themadcaplaughs said:

I've wondered what has happened to Axl's grudges that came about solely because of people associating with Slash. Back in 2014/2015, Josh Freese said he was bummed out about the fact that he ended up on Axl's shit list for playing on a couple tracks on Slash's 2010 solo album. So what happens now that Axl and Slash are cool again? Do people like Freese automatically end up back in Axl's good graces? 

Was axls shitlist ever leaked?.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, allwaystired said:

It'll be in the bargain bins within 2 months, as Adler's was. 

I'll pick up a copy then. 

I was lucky. I got to read Alder's for free. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I tried to find matts twitter where he mentioned he wasnt asked, so had to unfortunately post the blabbermouth as a "source".

So they (Axl) offered Adler, Izzy and Gilby guest spots but not Matt. Oh yeah this book will be interesting 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair enough. Still looking forward to the book. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In what way does the current situation indluence the possibility of reading a book? I mean most people would love something new to read PARTICULARLY NOW.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Asia said:

In what way does the current situation indluence the possibility of reading a book? I mean most people would love something new to read PARTICULARLY NOW.

maybe Matt wants to promote it by doing a book tour? I want to read it now too, but I get why maybe he would want to give this book the best chance it can have to succeed. This project seems to be important for him.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Book stores are considered non-essential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a shame that we cant have this book to read while we all sit around self-isolating and playing with our GnR trucks on our lounge room floors. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, SOH said:

Book stores are considered non-essential.

I know, but couldn't he release it online?  Not that I care, just curious as to that being an option.

Edited by lame ass security

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Matt' s book.                                                                         I hope his book is good and does well. He could promote it on line, but it is not the same as trying to do talk shows with the online things of blabbermoith,MitchLafon, etc. Maybe he got himself a good agent. I agree with @Rovim. Can anyone blame the guy for trying to get as much money as he can?  Duff, Slash , Susan, lol.. made big on their books and oh and lastly, Steven ,I think did ok.                                

Releasing it now during this situation would look crass, greedy, desperate, and sink in sales.  Movies are  postponed. No concerts, sports. This situation is not the right time to push a book..

Edited by Amaya
Spacing
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Asia said:

In what way does the current situation indluence the possibility of reading a book? I mean most people would love something new to read PARTICULARLY NOW.

He probably wants to maximize sales of hard copy books, if he releases it online the hype of his book being released will die down due to people talking about the juiciest bits months prior to the hard cover coming out as well as the general new-ness would be lessened

I can see pro's and con's both ways, ultimately I can't blame him if he and his publisher went over the numbers and think that his book would financially do a lot better if he can schedule all of his promotion and appearances alongside the physical release of the book

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/26/2020 at 11:35 AM, allwaystired said:

It'll be in the bargain bins within 2 months, as Adler's was. 

I'll pick up a copy then. 

I know used books can eventually end up resold at half book stores. Yes, you have new books that have been around for a while in the 50% book bin at retail stores.   I dont know the sales figures for Stevs book or his mother's.   Hopefully they each got good money.   I dont understand the off comments all the time about Steve.  I hope Matt's book does well with fans. Steves' book should have done it with fans. Susan's The Velvet Rose  books went  to Amazon and NYT best sellers.  GnR fans loved  it. I noticed , Matt, Steve like Susan, used something from GnR for a title to catch fans attention.

Edited by Amaya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2020 at 11:51 PM, The Holographic Universe said:

Yeah, but shit ain’t going back to normal, so whatever he desires will not occur.

He most likely won't push his book until September or even better, November- December holiday season.                                                                           This situation is ..... everything will go back to normal. It is. It will. One day. When? Omg. Very scary. Draining. Death. I know of the New Orleans situation  and of some personal ones there.   Hang on in here everyone. Hang on. 

Edited by Amaya
Formatting s.pace
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is he saying the virus caused the delay in release? I thought we knew about it being delayed back toward the beginning of March. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Amaya said:

I know used books can eventually end up resold at half book stores. Yes, you have new books that have been around for a while in the 50% book bin at retail stores.   I dont know the sales figures for Stevs book or his mother's.   Hopefully they each got good money.   I dont understand the off comments all the time about Steve.  I hope Matt's book does well with fans. Steves' book should have done it with fans. Susan's The Velvet Rose  books went  to Amazon and NYT best sellers.  GnR fans loved  it. I noticed , Matt, Steve like Susan, used something from GnR for a title to catch fans attention.

I got a brand new hardback copy of Adler's book for £1.99 about six months after publication from a shop. That's all I know. 

I'll pick Matt's up at some point, probably around the same price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep. That was bargain bin at least in your area. $1.99 is, was then cheaper than a weekly tabloid magazine. I think I'll google around to see and post sales of their books they,,being honest,  only GnR fans mostly, really buy. That is their biggest target market, but not only market. Some facts. Susan's  2 fictional storybooks were best sellers in part due to  VR, GnR fans. Go figure that out. Slash book is still in print on the shelf, new, full price at Barnes & Noble in my major USA city market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Amaya said:

Yep. That was bargain bin at least in your area. $1.99 is, was then cheaper than a weekly tabloid magazine. I think I'll google around to see and post sales of their books they,,being honest,  only GnR fans mostly, really buy. That is their biggest target market, but not only market. Some facts. Susan's  2 fictional storybooks were best sellers in part due to  VR, GnR fans. Go figure that out. Slash book is still in print on the shelf, new, full price at Barnes & Noble in my major USA city market.

I think these sorts of books sell OK in their first couple of weeks, then interest rapidly drops off. 

I mean, really most people aren't even going to know who Steven Adler and Matt Sorum are, (and I include a lot of people attending GNR gigs in that) let alone want to read their books. It's a limited audience they're aiming at. 

I'd have absolutely no interest in reading a fictional book by Susan, unless it was exceptionally good. I've no idea if it is or not, but the fact it's written by a band member's wife makes me no more or less inclined to read it. 

Essentially all people want from band members books is a quick read with a few revelations. In Matt's case 99 per cent of people reading it will probably just want to hear a few 'Axl is awful' stories. It's very unlikely to be a classic for the ages.....but will probably be a fun run through once. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×