Matt Sorum's Autobiography

4 hours ago, Amaya said:

The Axl grudges are very stupid. He keeps his shyt list members for decades. It is a very poor reflection on him. He should have stopped that shyt by 2000, late 90s. He is to be pittied, well not pittied, but looked on as pathetic.  Meanwhile Matt, Steven are living, happy, full, whole, healthy , adult real lives.                                                                I think Matt's book will very interesting and will sell well amoung GnR fans.

Steven who...ADLER?! Healthy adult full life? That’s a joke, right?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, themadcaplaughs said:

According to certain wrestlers (so believe it if you want) there's, for no real known reason, still bad blood on Axl's side regarding Sorum. Apparently, early in the negotiations, Slash and Duff even tried to bring up bringing Matt on board and Axl laughed it off. 

I've heard that too, although I didn't know that wrestlers were involved with GnR stuff.

1 hour ago, themadcaplaughs said:

I've wondered what has happened to Axl's grudges that came about solely because of people associating with Slash. Back in 2014/2015, Josh Freese said he was bummed out about the fact that he ended up on Axl's shit list for playing on a couple tracks on Slash's 2010 solo album. So what happens now that Axl and Slash are cool again? Do people like Freese automatically end up back in Axl's good graces? 

Not just a couple tracks, Josh played on most of the album

14 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Steven who...ADLER?! Healthy adult full life? That’s a joke, right?

He's doing great, been like that for the last few years.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WildStar said:

Oh yes good old Blabbermouth it's coming back to me now. Gilby was asked wasn't he but he went to his daughters panto or something 

I tried to find matts twitter where he mentioned he wasnt asked, so had to unfortunately post the blabbermouth as a "source".

Edited by Sydney Fan

4 hours ago, themadcaplaughs said:

I've wondered what has happened to Axl's grudges that came about solely because of people associating with Slash. Back in 2014/2015, Josh Freese said he was bummed out about the fact that he ended up on Axl's shit list for playing on a couple tracks on Slash's 2010 solo album. So what happens now that Axl and Slash are cool again? Do people like Freese automatically end up back in Axl's good graces? 

Was axls shitlist ever leaked?.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I tried to find matts twitter where he mentioned he wasnt asked, so had to unfortunately post the blabbermouth as a "source".

So they (Axl) offered Adler, Izzy and Gilby guest spots but not Matt. Oh yeah this book will be interesting 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Asia said:

In what way does the current situation indluence the possibility of reading a book? I mean most people would love something new to read PARTICULARLY NOW.

maybe Matt wants to promote it by doing a book tour? I want to read it now too, but I get why maybe he would want to give this book the best chance it can have to succeed. This project seems to be important for him.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

Matt' s book.                                                                         I hope his book is good and does well. He could promote it on line, but it is not the same as trying to do talk shows with the online things of blabbermoith,MitchLafon, etc. Maybe he got himself a good agent. I agree with @Rovim. Can anyone blame the guy for trying to get as much money as he can?  Duff, Slash , Susan, lol.. made big on their books and oh and lastly, Steven ,I think did ok.                                

Releasing it now during this situation would look crass, greedy, desperate, and sink in sales.  Movies are  postponed. No concerts, sports. This situation is not the right time to push a book..

Edited by Amaya
Spacing
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Asia said:

In what way does the current situation indluence the possibility of reading a book? I mean most people would love something new to read PARTICULARLY NOW.

He probably wants to maximize sales of hard copy books, if he releases it online the hype of his book being released will die down due to people talking about the juiciest bits months prior to the hard cover coming out as well as the general new-ness would be lessened

I can see pro's and con's both ways, ultimately I can't blame him if he and his publisher went over the numbers and think that his book would financially do a lot better if he can schedule all of his promotion and appearances alongside the physical release of the book

On 3/26/2020 at 11:35 AM, allwaystired said:

It'll be in the bargain bins within 2 months, as Adler's was. 

I'll pick up a copy then. 

I know used books can eventually end up resold at half book stores. Yes, you have new books that have been around for a while in the 50% book bin at retail stores.   I dont know the sales figures for Stevs book or his mother's.   Hopefully they each got good money.   I dont understand the off comments all the time about Steve.  I hope Matt's book does well with fans. Steves' book should have done it with fans. Susan's The Velvet Rose  books went  to Amazon and NYT best sellers.  GnR fans loved  it. I noticed , Matt, Steve like Susan, used something from GnR for a title to catch fans attention.

Edited by Amaya

On 4/4/2020 at 11:51 PM, The Holographic Universe said:

Yeah, but shit ain’t going back to normal, so whatever he desires will not occur.

He most likely won't push his book until September or even better, November- December holiday season.                                                                           This situation is ..... everything will go back to normal. It is. It will. One day. When? Omg. Very scary. Draining. Death. I know of the New Orleans situation  and of some personal ones there.   Hang on in here everyone. Hang on. 

Edited by Amaya
Formatting s.pace
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Amaya said:

I know used books can eventually end up resold at half book stores. Yes, you have new books that have been around for a while in the 50% book bin at retail stores.   I dont know the sales figures for Stevs book or his mother's.   Hopefully they each got good money.   I dont understand the off comments all the time about Steve.  I hope Matt's book does well with fans. Steves' book should have done it with fans. Susan's The Velvet Rose  books went  to Amazon and NYT best sellers.  GnR fans loved  it. I noticed , Matt, Steve like Susan, used something from GnR for a title to catch fans attention.

I got a brand new hardback copy of Adler's book for £1.99 about six months after publication from a shop. That's all I know. 

I'll pick Matt's up at some point, probably around the same price. 

Yep. That was bargain bin at least in your area. $1.99 is, was then cheaper than a weekly tabloid magazine. I think I'll google around to see and post sales of their books they,,being honest,  only GnR fans mostly, really buy. That is their biggest target market, but not only market. Some facts. Susan's  2 fictional storybooks were best sellers in part due to  VR, GnR fans. Go figure that out. Slash book is still in print on the shelf, new, full price at Barnes & Noble in my major USA city market.

16 minutes ago, Amaya said:

Yep. That was bargain bin at least in your area. $1.99 is, was then cheaper than a weekly tabloid magazine. I think I'll google around to see and post sales of their books they,,being honest,  only GnR fans mostly, really buy. That is their biggest target market, but not only market. Some facts. Susan's  2 fictional storybooks were best sellers in part due to  VR, GnR fans. Go figure that out. Slash book is still in print on the shelf, new, full price at Barnes & Noble in my major USA city market.

I think these sorts of books sell OK in their first couple of weeks, then interest rapidly drops off. 

I mean, really most people aren't even going to know who Steven Adler and Matt Sorum are, (and I include a lot of people attending GNR gigs in that) let alone want to read their books. It's a limited audience they're aiming at. 

I'd have absolutely no interest in reading a fictional book by Susan, unless it was exceptionally good. I've no idea if it is or not, but the fact it's written by a band member's wife makes me no more or less inclined to read it. 

Essentially all people want from band members books is a quick read with a few revelations. In Matt's case 99 per cent of people reading it will probably just want to hear a few 'Axl is awful' stories. It's very unlikely to be a classic for the ages.....but will probably be a fun run through once. 

I agree with you. I am out of reactions for today.    I would lump Duff into the unkown group to even to the concert crowd NITL tour and before to others instead of just the old GnR fans  . Duff though, on the hand hand, is, was known as  the tour started by GnR backwagon NITL fans, and when he wrote his books because he promotes , markets, and  tours the hell out of Duff,  himself. So did Susan. The M's have promotion and marketing down like second nature for themselves.                                                     So yes, Matt, may even have an agent to try to get maximum sales via real promotion. I dont blame him for that.                                                                    Slash is Slash. GnR new bandwagon fans know him and others, oh the guy in hat, long curly hair, and plays the guitar for everybody.    His book is old now and still in print. Matt will have a little edge there in that his book will be right  there next to Slash.  Also his book is right after NITL ended.   If this situation  was not, his book would be out as A,S,D  would be touring.                                                                               Izzy. If he wrote a book.  Ok, a book with 10 pages, lol. Ok, it would not be a book. It be like a pamphlet. Really.lol. If he really wrote a book, his would be along in sales with Steven and  Matt.                                                                                                                          Axl. If he wrote a book, I think it would be under Slash's book in sales and everything. depending on his will to promote it or not.   Slash could have put out another book later in  his life. 15-20  years from now.  It would do well.                         

Edited by Amaya
Get rid of space

That benefit for some organization with Duff, Slash , and others....not postponed yet.   This thing.....time will tell for it to be over.  Matt would have been promoting his book next month too.   As I always say, these 6 guys are never in the same place together. It is always 2 or 3 , maybe 4 of them. Obviously,  Matt is in touch and friends with Duff and Slash and even Izzy.   https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.instagram.com/mattsorum/%3Fhl%3Den&ved=2ahUKEwjd9K76qdLoAhVEPK0KHRg1DfYQFjAAegQIBhAC&usg=AOvVaw3dnQoLPgYTZkK_GwbUVNM1

Edited by Amaya