STAR WARS: Convoluted Cash- Cow Disney Adventure Series That Will Never End Thread

ZoSoRose

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2479026/john-williams-knows-how-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-ends

It's good to know that John Williams is excited about the ending of TROS. Hopefully that means that he's inspired to compose some epic music for the film, cause so far the music of this new trilogy has been very underwhelming

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2479026/john-williams-knows-how-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-ends

It's good to know that John Williams is excited about the ending of TROS. Hopefully that means that he's inspired to compose some epic music for the film, cause so far the music of this new trilogy has been very underwhelming

Yeah it was easier for him to write music for the old movies cause they were spaced out enough release-wise where they could finish editing the whole movie BEFORE he started working on the music. But with the fast-paced schedule they have now, he has to write and record the music WHILE they’re still editing the movie, so it’s hard to make music that actually “fits” each scene when it’s being done that way. If the scene hasn’t even finished being cut together and composed yet, how is he supposed to know the right “beats” to hit with the music?

with that being said, TFA still has some songs I like a lot like Rey’s Theme, Kylo’s Theme, March of the Resistance, Torn Apart, and Jedi Steps. Can’t really think of any memorable music from TLJ tho, except for the stuff that was recycled from the old movies like Yoda’s Theme and The Force Theme.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah it was easier for him to write music for the old movies cause they were spaced out enough release-wise where they could finish editing the whole movie BEFORE he started working on the music. But with the fast-paced schedule they have now, he has to write and record the music WHILE they’re still editing the movie, so it’s hard to make music that actually “fits” each scene when it’s being done that way. If the scene hasn’t even finished being cut together and composed yet, how is he supposed to know the right “beats” to hit with the music?

with that being said, TFA still has some songs I like a lot like Rey’s Theme, Kylo’s Theme, March of the Resistance, Torn Apart, and Jedi Steps. Can’t really think of any memorable music from TLJ tho, except for the stuff that was recycled from the old movies like Yoda’s Theme and The Force Theme.

You're right and it's such a shame that they make these movies in such a rush, cause music is really one of the most important things about Star Wars. I doubt these movies would be even half as popular as they are, if it wasn't for John Williams music. If you don't count the recycled stuff, the only song I really like in this new trilogy is Jedi Steps and even that one's kinda unfinished. Everything else is ok at best.

Just now, Lies They Tell said:

You're right and it's such a shame that they make these movies in such a rush, cause music is really one of the most important things about Star Wars. I doubt these movies would be even half as popular as they are, if it wasn't for John Williams music. If you don't count the recycled stuff, the only song I really like in this new trilogy is Jedi Steps and even that one's kinda unfinished. Everything else is ok at best.

Yeah even though I still like the new trilogy for the most part, I wonder what it woulda been like if they had made these movies one at a time, once every 3 years, like the first two trilogies. No overlapping schedules or anything crazy like that. One can only wonder!

On 9/8/2019 at 9:10 AM, Jw224 said:

Reshoots are apparently happening because things aren't looking good. Nooo

More accurate insiders are saying that things are fine and that the reshoots happening now are minimal and have been planned from the beginning, and that while Lucas himself is involved with these reshoots, it’s not some last-minute effort to “save” the movie. He’s been involved as a consultant on this movie in particular since the start of development cause its the last one.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/8/2019 at 9:46 AM, rocknroll41 said:

If insiders are to be believed, the new trailer will drop Monday, October 14th, and tickets will go on sale immediately after.

Looks like now they’re saying the trailer was pushed back to October 21st, to line up with Carrie Fisher’s birthday.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I still think there's gonna be a twist with the Palpatine thing. Also wtf with the ship coming out the water(?). 

There's rumours going around that they have like 6 endings for this film and still haven't decided on one that will satisfy everyone. Lol. 

Edited by Jw224

I saw the trailer last night, and I will say I'm sure it's already better than the trainwreck that was TLJ. Having said that, the damage is already done (for me, and other like me). They can't undue TLJ (unless the retcon it from the series). I just dont care about these characters. Honestly nothing can be done to change that. Episodes 1-6 are the only ones I recognize, the Disney films dont count imo. I'm sure I'll see the film eventually, but I'm not sure I'll be seeing it in the theaters, the whole thing is just ruined for me. Everything Disney touches turns to straight up garbage, yet people seem to think it's good. Both the MCU and SW have gone to crap since the mouse took over. The MCU is decent still I suppose (but I've lost all interest in it, and super heroes in general).

13 hours ago, Coma16 said:

I liked the majority of both TFA and TLJ but not too excited for this episode, yet. The Emperor is good twist that I'm looking forward to see what they do with it.

I'm the same, I enjoyed TFA for what it was but really enjoyed TLJ. Abrams being back at the helm is making me feel lkle this one is gonna play it really safe which would be disappointing for the final film. I agree the the Emperor being back is cool, I just hope they actually explain it. 

Edited by Jw224

19 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Looking forward to The Critical Drinker's review of the film itself!

Big bonus points for mentioning Skullsplitter, which is a fantastic beer from the Orkney Brewery. 

Aside from that this covers my sentiments and expectations well. Let's hope they'll be exceeded. 

Edited by username

New trilogy from the Game of Thrones creators is canceled now: https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadline.com/2019/10/star-wars-setback-game-of-thrones-duo-david-benioff-d-b-weiss-exit-trilogy-1202771184/amp/

Also, when Rian Johnson (Last Jedi Director) was last asked about his own trilogy that he was supposed to do, he said “I hope I still get to do it, but I don’t know,” which tells me that one isn’t happening either.

With that being said, Kevin Feige (the guy who runs the Marvel movie universe) is confirmed to be doing a starwars Movie now, so at least we’ll have that to look forward to.