STAR WARS: Convoluted Cash- Cow Disney Adventure Series That Will Never End Thread

ZoSoRose

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Award-season version of the soundtrack is out (from an official Disney site):

https://disneystudiosawards.com/star-wars-score.html

^no opening or closing credits, but the rest of the music is there.

Apparently they're also missing a lot of other pieces of music, either way, its quite good

• Like 1

If yall do some searching the names for every track have also leaked. Some of them seem to confirm the leaks but we will see. 

27 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Apparently they're also missing a lot of other pieces of music, either way, its quite good

Yes, only what can be considered an original work is present in these files. 

• Like 1

I rewatched the whole saga over the past month. TFA and TLJ fit really well for me. Maybe I'm just a Star Wars nerd 

After certain things were spoiled for me I also caved and read the leaks. 

Spoiler

I don't know why everyone is freaking out, if they are true they sound pretty good to me. The worst part was Kylo falling and dying but it seems he returns and dies saving Rey with a tremendous display of Force power. Possibly an even more impressive feat than Luke in TLJ. That's a much better ending for him (the kiss sounds bad though). He helps finish what Vader started. I think the ending and last scene sounds fine and I like the brief Snoke  part. I also like the sound of Luke's one big scene although I wish he played a bigger role in the final battle and feel like if they are bringing Han back, its baffling they still don't share a scene. Having Han have one last conversation with Kylo to bring him back sounds great though. Finn also sounds like he has a better story this go around. Surprised Anakin doesn't show up. 

Overall, it sounds like an exciting film with a lot going on. Reads like it will be a decent Star Wars film 

Edited by ZoSoRose

20 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I rewatched the whole saga over the past month. TFA and TLJ fit really well for me. Maybe I'm just a Star Wars nerd 

After certain things were spoiled for me I also caved and read the leaks. 

Reveal hidden contents

I don't know why everyone is freaking out, if they are true they sound pretty good to me. The worst part was Kylo falling and dying but it seems he returns and dies saving Rey with a tremendous display of Force power. Possibly an even more impressive feat than Luke in TLJ. That's a much better ending for him (the kiss sounds bad though). He helps finish what Vader started. I think the ending and last scene sounds fine and I like the brief Snoke  part. I also like the sound of Luke's one big scene although I wish he played a bigger role in the final battle and feel like if they are bringing Han back, its baffling they still don't share a scene. Having Han have one last conversation with Kylo to bring him back sounds great though. Finn also sounds like he has a better story this go around. Surprised Anakin doesn't show up. 

Overall, it sounds like an exciting film with a lot going on. Reads like it will be a decent Star Wars film 

I rewatched all of them recently too, except Solo (hopefully I’ll have time for that one this weekend).

As always, I think the original and ESB are great, AotC is bad, and everything else is just fine, though I do definitely think that RotJ, TPM, RotS, TFA, and (probably) Solo are all better than R1 and TLJ.

As far as the leaks go; I like most of what I read, but there are a few bits here and there that rub me the wrong way. Maybe it’ll all work in execution tho. We’ll see!

One way or another, tho, people will find reasons to hate it. Some of the hate will be warranted, and some of it won’t. That’s how it’s been since RotJ, and it’ll continue to be that way. Nothing will ever really change, in the grand scheme of things. I’ve learned to accept that now. I’ll enjoy the movie for what it is, and then afterwards I’ll shift my “embracement” of Star Wars over to the books and comics (both old and new canon).

Edited by rocknroll41

For those interested, here’s my more detailed opinion of the alleged leaks:

I like that Palpatine is apparently not really Palpatine, but rather the souls of all the past Sith (the real Palpatine among them) using his remains as a vessel. That implies that killing Palpatine this time also means killing ALL of the Sith for good, which helps to give this trilogy (and this movie in particular) more importance. It’s cool that Rey apparently becomes a vessel for all the dead Jedi too, during the climax. That’s good mirroring! Furthermore, I like that Snoke and the First Order came from this Puppet Palpatine, apparently. Nice touch that helps tie everything together a bit more.

I like Kylo sacrificing himself for Rey, but I agree that a kiss may be a tad too much. Also, I don’t think Kylo deserves to be remembered as some great hero just cause he saves Rey at the end. Sure, that’s a good deed, but it doesn’t really make up for all the shit he stirred up throughout the rest of the trilogy up to that point. So hopefully they don’t refer to him as a great hero after his sacrifice.

I like Han and Luke showing up to get Kylo and Rey back on track, respectively, but no Anakin makes it weird. Does it have to do with Disney/JJ wanting to use a CGI Sebastian Shaw instead of Hayden Christensen? Maybe they simply chose to use neither, just to avoid the inevitable controversy altogether.

I like Luke and Leia being on tattooine at the end, but I hope Han is there too, so we can see the classic trio all together in this trilogy, just for once. Also, I hope they explain WHY Rey needs to go to tattooine specifically. Just going there to bury the old lightsaber doesn’t really make a lot of sense imo (unless it’s meant to be there for the next “New Hope” to find it someday, or something).

I don’t mind Rey being Palpatine’s granddaughter, as it ties her directly to the main villain, and also shows that even someone born from the evilest of evil can become the goodest of good, for lack of better wording. It also helps to explain some of her Mary Sue-ness, and gives her more dramatic conflict. What bothers me tho is that it ruins TLJ’s message that anyone, even a nobody, can become the great hero of the story. I hope they make up for this by revealing Finn to be Force-sensitive all along. That'd be a good compromise for me. Plus, TFA made it seem like he was Force-sensitive, which TLJ then completely ignored, so it’d be nice if they brought that back.

Last but not least... I like Rey taking on the name Skywalker. Ending the bloodline kinda makes sense, since this is the end of their “saga,” but having the legacy live on metaphorically through the protagonist is a smart story move imo. Some people are saying this makes the actual Skywalker family look like a bunch of fuckups, tho, but I respectfully disagree. Just in this movie alone; Leia trains Rey, Luke gets her back on track, and then Kylo literally resurrects her so that she can carry on the Jedi legacy. They help out a lot. It doesn’t matter that they don’t really end up getting any of the “glory.” That’s not what being a hero is about anyways. Another reason this works is cause it expands the family theme to its fullest extent. Anyone can become a part of anyone’s family, even someone who, literally, came from this universe’s equivalent of satan.

The only “flaw” in this story beat that I see is that Rey would probably be more likely to wanna take on the name Organa or Solo, rather than Skywalker. It’d be nice if we see her and Luke have a warm embrace or something during their scene together earlier, or maybe he flat-out says he wants her to be the one to take on his name. Just something to add some “set up” to that beat.

Oh, one more thing: the newer leaks don’t seem to address the prophecy, and they also don’t really seem to address how the events of RotJ still hold importance in the greater scheme of things. I recall the earlier leaks saying that Palpatine tells Rey that she can’t resist him like Luke was able to in RotJ due to her familial connection to him, but then, with the help of Kylo, she ends up being able to resist him after all. I guess that’s sort of a good way to “build upon” RotJ, while at the same time still giving the Skywalker family (and therefore the prophecy) an important role to play, through Kylo.

Edited by rocknroll41

I skipped Solo too actually. I like it just fine, I just to watch the saga films and felt like revisiting RO. It was the first time I watched the prequels and OT since 2015

TPM was the worst this go around, its just slow and boring. Clones is really bad but has a lot of action. 

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I skipped Solo too actually. I like it just fine, I just to watch the saga films and felt like revisiting RO. It was the first time I watched the prequels and OT since 2015

TPM was the worst this go around, its just slow and boring. Clones is really bad but has a lot of action. 

I was young when TPM came out, so it gets a bump from me solely because of nostalgia.

AotC does some serious damage imo. Try imagining yourself watching RotS as a self-contained prequel to the OT, as though TPM and (more so) AotC never existed. Plays out a lot better that way, doesn’t it?

Edited by rocknroll41

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I was young when TPM came out, so it gets a bump from me solely because of nostalgia.

AotC does some serious damage imo. Try imagining yourself watching RotS as a self-contained prequel to the OT, as though TPM and (more so) AotC never existed. Plays out a lot better that way, doesn’t it?

I was like 8 when TPM came out so it definitely  gets nostalgia points for me. As an actual movie,  it is terrible

• Like 1

More new spoiler talk:

Another aspect of the new leaks that I like is that Leia and Kylo supposedly connect to each other through the force for a quick second right before she dies. It’s nice to know those two at least have some sorta moment together  in this trilogy. I’m sure they wanted to do a lot more in that regard, but were limited, given the circumstances. Apparently she even says “Ben” as her last word. How did they do that? Maybe they took audio of her saying “been” in TFA (“how could I have been so foolish to think I could find Luke and bring him home?”), and “accentuated” it, somehow.

My thoughts on Kylo:

As excited for TRoS as I am, it sounds like Kylo doesn’t really do all that much to assist with the destruction of Palpatine, apart from stopping Rey’s attempt to kill him with her anger, which I guess would’ve lead to her taking his place as Empress. The way it’s described in the leaks doesn’t sound “climatic” enough tho imo, with her just sensing that he’s there on the Sith planet, coming towards her. Hopefully it’s executed in a way that feels more impactful, and makes Kylo feel more important in all this.

Maybe the song “Seeing Sights” from the leaked soundtrack is where this moment happens. I guess it can work if it’s edited in a way where Rey sees Kylo walking towards the Knights of Ren to fight them in an “epic” sorta way, with maybe a light behind him or something. Maybe they couldve shot it at a higher frame rate and then slowed it down, so that it really “packs a punch.” Just something to make his arrival on the Sith planet feel legit important in the destruction of Palpatine.

Edited by rocknroll41

1 minute ago, Jw224 said:

Someone is now saying that the ending in the leaks isn't correct and it has been purposely done that way so that people don't know what actually happens. I don't know what to believe any more but I want to see it so I can know for sure lol. 

Well the fact that a Burgee King in Germany was allowed to change their menu items to spoilers is interesting. Makes me wonder if all these leaks were some sorta hoax, or maybe they come from older story ideas that have since been discarded?

Who is this “someone” you’re referring to, by the way?

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Well the fact that a Burgee King in Germany was allowed to change their menu items to spoilers is interesting. Makes me wonder if all these leaks were some sorta hoax, or maybe they come from older story ideas that have since been discarded?

A user on reddit. I think they had posted stuff about the trailer before it was shown. I can send you the link to the thread if you like. Obviously take it with a grain of salt. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Someone is now saying that the ending in the leaks isn't correct and it has been purposely done that way so that people don't know what actually happens. I don't know what to believe any more but I want to see it so I can know for sure lol. 

See below

17 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I've been thinking the leaks were on purpose as well. I've forgotten 90% of what I breezed over anyway, so no biggie to me either way lol. 

Having said that, I'm about to buy my tickets finally. My buddy and I went to see TFA at 330am on opening day kind of as a joke and kind of because we could. So we did the same thing with TLJ. Now it's time to round out the tradition with RoS. Same theater, same time, same two dudes ready to either love it or judge the fuck out of it haha. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

A user on reddit. I think they had posted stuff about the trailer before it was shown. I can send you the link to the thread if you like. Obviously take it with a grain of salt. 

JediPaxis? Or someone else? Feel free to send me the link in a PM, or post it here with a spoiler tag, I suppose.

Edited by rocknroll41

20 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I read thru the thread. Doesn’t sound legit. I still think JediPaxis is the one telling the truth, and not this guy. JP seems to have been more accurate up until this point. We’ll see in a week, tho!

Reveal hidden contents

Kylo kissing Rey is the only thing about JP’s ending that really bothers me anyways.

I don't really trust JP either haha, he has gotten plenty totally wrong in the past. Although I do think it's more likely the leaks are real than it being a fake out haha.