STAR WARS: Convoluted Cash- Cow Disney Adventure Series That Will Never End Thread

ZoSoRose

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

It’s not 100% confirmed yet but it’s looking like the next cycle of movies will take place 400 years before The Phantom Menace, and the only returning character will be Yoda.

That would be interesting. I know nothing about SW outside of the movies. Is there source material to work with from that time period? 

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That would be interesting. I know nothing about SW outside of the movies. Is there source material to work with from that time period? 

No, it’s a blank slate. Even the old canon before the Disney sale didn’t explore that period. There are stories from a thousand years ago, but not 400 years ago.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Just because there are people who like some shit doesn't mean it's good taste. And obviously because some of you are on the side of liking it, you feel offended by me stating that. How predictable. 

what a load of shit. Understand that your opinion on it doesn't make it shit, it's art. It's just the way you look at it. Some other expert like you can look at your list of what you consider to be good films and laugh his ass off at you for even watching and enjoying any SW movie. So what.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Just because there are people who like some shit doesn't mean it's good taste. And obviously because some of you are on the side of liking it, you feel offended by me stating that. How predictable. 

I'm not offended in the least. If anything, I'm amused. I honestly didn't know that you didn't understand that taste is subjective to each individual. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Dude seriously, knock it off with this crap. I by no means loved the movie - I thought it was okay at best - and even I'm sick of seeing you write stuff about how if someone enjoyed TROS then they must have no taste in movies. If you want to debate the merits and lack thereof in the film then go for it, no one is going to criticize that if you can have reasonable discussion about it. But coming into this thread and saying stuff like that isn't discussion - that's trolling. You're doing it to get a reaction, plain and simple. Turn this the other way around - if I went into the show thread in the GN'R section for one of the gigs you're attending this year and said "Yeah, the band sounds like shit, there's no redeeming factors, and the only people who enjoy the NITL tour are people with no taste in music", how would you react to that? 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Dude seriously, knock it off with this crap. I by no means loved the movie - I thought it was okay at best - and even I'm sick of seeing you write stuff about how if someone enjoyed TROS then they must have no taste in movies. If you want to debate the merits and lack thereof in the film then go for it, no one is going to criticize that if you can have reasonable discussion about it. But coming into this thread and saying stuff like that isn't discussion - that's trolling. You're doing it to get a reaction, plain and simple. Turn this the other way around - if I went into the show thread in the GN'R section for one of the gigs you're attending this year and said "Yeah, the band sounds like shit, there's no redeeming factors, and the only people who enjoy the NITL tour are people with no taste in music", how would you react to that? 

I'm sure I read stuff like that on this very forum, when it comes to the current tour, Chinese Democracy, the merits of Axl and the players involved, Steven's skills as a drummer and so on... and sorry, that is my opinion and I will stick with that. And if that opinion triggers some, not really my problem. I don't agree with the opinions that the movie is great. And I'm not the one throwing the "you're aware that there are tons of people out there who genuinely enjoy the movie, right? " around, like if that means anything and makes a shit movie a great movie and to which I've responded.

As for my reaction, A) I wouldn't care and B) for a moment in a low moment, I maybe would check if my assessment of the band is so off and then I probably would go back to A). ;) I certainly wouldn't send mods on someone who stated his opinion.

Edited by PatrickS77

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

I'm sure I read stuff like that on this very forum, when it comes to the current tour, Chinese Democracy, the merits of Axl and the players involved, Steven's skills as a drummer and so on... and sorry, that is my opinion and I will stick with that. And if that opinion triggers some, not really my problem. I don't agree with the opinions that the movie is great. And I'm not the one throwing the "you're aware that there are tons of people out there who genuinely enjoy the movie, right? " around, like if that means anything and makes a shit movie a great movie and to which I've responded.

You're missing the point by a wide margin. Here's what actually happened:

People's were discussing seeing the movie again, seeing as they like it. You chimed in and said that people shouldn't see it again because it'll encourage Disney to make more movies you dislike. 

I pointed out to you that there are many, many people who like this movie, plus it's not up to you whether people go see a movie or not. 

You responded by saying that people who like the movie must have bad taste, which is ridiculous. You seemed to want to prove that you don't believe other people can have different taste than you. 

You then resorted to using phrases like "offended" and "triggered" because you have no actual argument to support your trolling with. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

People's were discussing seeing the movie again, seeing as they like it. You chimed in and said that people shouldn't see it again because it'll encourage Disney to make more movies you dislike.

I pointed out to you that there are many, many people who like this movie, plus it's not up to you whether people go see a movie or not. 

You responded by saying that people who like the movie must have bad taste, which is ridiculous. You seemed to want to prove that you don't believe other people can have different taste than you. 

You then resorted to using phrases like "offended" and "triggered" because you have no actual argument to support your trolling with. 

No. It encourages them to make movies that are not good.

Obviously it's not up to me whether people throw more money at them or not. If it was, all copies would get burned. But big business shows them, that quality, continuation, creavitity and integrity don't matter and they have a hit either way, because "Oh, it's Star Wars. The movie is crap, but it is Star Wars.". And that is a undisputed fact. As long as their pockets are filled, there is no reason for them to strive for better. And that was my point, to which you injected something that was actually totally beside my point, which makes you the one missing the point.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Not to mention the fact that it doesn’t matter how successful or unsuccessful this movie is cause the upcoming trilogy with Young Yoda was planned and scheduled beforehand anyways, so it was gonna happen no matter what. There’s also a big “build up” to it that’s been years in the planning called Project Luminous, which will consists of many books, comics, and even a video game that’ll help set up the new movies. So it was all going to happen this way no matter what. The only thing that changed was the additional spinoff films being canceled or turned into streaming service projects as a result of Solo bombing, but that was never gonna have an impact on the main Jedi films anyways.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Obviously it's not up to me whether people throw more money at them or not. If it was, all copies would get burned. But big business shows them, that quality, continuation, creavitity and integrity don't matter and they have a hit either way, because "Oh, it's Star Wars. The movie is crap, but it is Star Wars.". And that is a undisputed fact. As long as their pockets are filled, there is no reason for them to strive for better. And that was my point, to which you injected something that was actually totally beside my point, which makes you the one missing the point.

Here's the thing: you saying it's a bad movie is just your opinion. There are other people, like me for example, who think it's a good movie. 

That "it's crap, but it's Star Wars" comment was made AFTER you decided that it was your job to tell other people they're wrong for liking the movie and wanting to see it again. 

24 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Not everything will get a pass just cause it’s starwars. It’s up to each and every individual to decide for themselves what works for them and what doesn’t. For instance, I hate Attack of the Clones. I don’t think it works as either it’s own movie or as part of starwars. I don’t personally see the point in its existence. I think that if you were to erase Attack from the canon, it would automatically makes Revenge of the Sith a better movie as a result. That’s how bad Attack is imo.

That being said, I know some people who like it. As a matter of fact, I know two people who say it’s their favorite in the whole series. And you know what? They have every right to. As much as I hate Attack of the Clones, it is the one movie in the series that best embraces the philosophy of auteur theory (as in the creator being allowed to tell whatever story they want to tell, no matter what). For the original trilogy, Lucas was technologically constrained. For Phantom, he had to set things up. And for Revenge, he had to tie things up. Attack is the one movie where he as the franchise creator was able to just do whatever he wanted, and there’s something to be said for that, even if I personally don’t like it.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have never met anyone who likes Attack of the Clones, I have to say, either in-person or on the internet. It is about the only thing that unites Star Wars fans of all persuasions, Attack of the Clones being a bucket of shite. 

Yeah it’s pretty rare. The two people I know who say it’s their favorite of the whole series are just people I know on the internet. I’ve never met them in person. I did, however, used to know a guy in person who said it was his favorite prequel, but he still preferred the original trilogy and the Disney films over all of the prequels regardless.

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

$946 million now. So it has slowed down a bit, but will still get to a billion by end of next week, most likely. It’ll probably still be in theaters for like another month after that, so my guess is that it’ll finish its run at $1.1 billion (about the same as Rogue One).

Dammit. That's my fault for not going to see it that third time :lol:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Dammit. That's my fault for not going to see it that third time :lol:

I saw it twice but in the UK a ticket is only £3 so I probably didn’t contribute all that much to the box office total. :lol: 

• Haha 2