STAR WARS: Convoluted Cash- Cow Disney Adventure Series That Will Never End Thread

ZoSoRose

• 4 weeks later...

They showed a work-in-progress trailer at a private Disney shareholders meeting the other day, so I guess we’ll have a finalized trailer soon.

i mentioned this on another forum; but I’m starting to think Fate of the Galaxy would be a good title.

a lot of rumors are describing this movie as being full of Galaxy-wide battles from beginning to end, so a title like that would fit with that scope imo.

On 2/9/2019 at 8:39 AM, ZoSoRose said:

Some reference photos and art leaked today.

Although not in them, the Knights of Ren are very likely in the movie. Their appearance lines up with someone who confirmed stuff from the leaks. Hell yeah

I don’t think it’s exactly rocket science to piece that one together; they were hyped up big time before TFA, and literally got a passing mention and a blink-and-you-miss-it glimpse in that film, and nothing in TLJ. So they’ve gotta come into play. Then again they hyped up Phasma and look how that turned out :lol: 

20 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I don’t think it’s exactly rocket science to piece that one together; they were hyped up big time before TFA, and literally got a passing mention and a blink-and-you-miss-it glimpse in that film, and nothing in TLJ. So they’ve gotta come into play. Then again they hyped up Phasma and look how that turned out :lol: 

I think they were also mentioned in tlj. Luke tells Rey that when Ben Solo turned he “took some of my students, and slaughtered the rest.”

my guess is that the Knights of Ren are those other ex-students that ran away with Ben Solo. That’s just a guess, though.

35 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think they were also mentioned in tlj. Luke tells Rey that when Ben Solo turned he “took some of my students, and slaughtered the rest.”

my guess is that the Knights of Ren are those other ex-students that ran away with Ben Solo. That’s just a guess, though.

That’s implied yeah, but I wouldn’t really count that explicitly as a reference. 

• Like 1

Hammil was on Kimmel and indicated that he had to keep his real beard under his fake beard in a tv show, because of Star Wars filming. So a bodily Luke, which I think we all expected and even a force ghost is bodily so not really a reveal. But he's also said recently that 'they only gave Luke one movie' which would seem to indicate that he's not central in IX. 

Spoiler

Also, that Falcon pic with only Disney era characters in the cockpit... if they kill Lando and Chewie Im gonna blow a fuse! 

Edited by soon

Hi-Res version of the new poster:

n6jXkjdT_o.png

NOTE: just to clarify, the leaker of this confirmed that this is just going to be a retail poster (like what you see at Walmart and stuff). It’s not the final theatrical poster. Still cool, tho!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2

Does anyone know who the women next to Chewie and Poe are? Or the alien next to Finn (I think that I recognize him, but I cant place it)?

No R2 ?????

That the Knights of Ren?

They are so outgunned that C3P0 is fighting.

Edited by soon

1 hour ago, soon said:

Does anyone know who the women next to Chewie and Poe are? Or the alien next to Finn (I think that I recognize him, but I cant place it)?

No R2 ?????

That the Knights of Ren?

Its just a promotional image, so who is and isnt on the poster doesnt matter

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

It will be an absolute stinker - mark my words. 

I really hope not! I'm glad JJ is doing it since he created these characters. They have a lot of ground to cover, though, and using unused Carrie footage is risky

I just hope Luke is used meaningfully. I really liked his scenes at the end of TLJ. I want a bit more of that

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Its just a promotional image, so who is and isnt on the poster doesnt matter

I really hope not! I'm glad JJ is doing it since he created these characters. They have a lot of ground to cover, though, and using unused Carrie footage is risky

I just hope Luke is used meaningfully. I really liked his scenes at the end of TLJ. I want a bit more of that

The whole trilogy is an utter mess from the first two films though. Kubrick himself wouldn't have the abilities to wrap this dog's dinner up successfully. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The whole trilogy is an utter mess from the first two films though. Kubrick himself wouldn't have the abilities to wrap this dog's dinner up successfully. 

It isnt perfect but Ive liked it :shrugs:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soon said:

No R2 ?????

That the Knights of Ren?

The woman of color is freedom fighter Jannah Calrissian (played by Naomi Ackie).

The masked bounty hunter is Zorii (played by Keri Russell), a supposed love interest to Poe Dameron.

the reason characters like R2 and Lando are missing is because this is just a retail poster for selling toys, not the final theatrical poster.

and yes, those are The Knights of Ren.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

The woman of color is freedom fighter Jannah Calrissian (played by Naomi Ackie).

The masked bounty hunter is Zorii (played by Keri Russell), a supposed love interest to Poe Dameron.

the reason characters like R2 and Lando are missing is because this is just a retail poster for selling toys, not the final theatrical poster.

and yes, those are The Knights of Ren.

Thanks so much! I didnt know that Keri Russels character had already been announced. Are these pre existing characters? From comics or games or whatever?

I suppose Jannah is related to Lando?

12 minutes ago, soon said:

Thanks so much! I didnt know that Keri Russels character had already been announced. Are these pre existing characters? From comics or games or whatever?

Youre welcome! And no, they’re new characters, I just know their names cause I’m following all the leaks.

jannah is supposedly lando’s daughter, yeah.

• GNFNR 1

On 3/28/2019 at 11:33 AM, soon said:

Quick update; the leak about Jannah’s last name being Calrissian might be false. Her first name is definitely Jannah though.

newer rumors are now saying that she might be Finn’s sister. Though personally I’m starting to think she might just be a new character altogether who isn’t related to anyone.

41 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Quick update; the leak about Jannah’s last name being Calrissian might be false. Her first name is definitely Jannah though.

newer rumors are now saying that she might be Finn’s sister. Though personally I’m starting to think she might just be a new character altogether who isn’t related to anyone.

Thanks for this update. Finns sister would be a large plot point! Almost sounds like the theories are based on her skin colour alone. If so it'd be funny if Jannah is Reys Mom :lol:

Im excited for these new characters! Cant wait!

On 3/27/2019 at 10:25 AM, ZoSoRose said:

c226333.jpg

I kinda don't believe it. It's to soon for a leaked artwork, beside anyone can make this and some do. The knights of Ren? I read a story of a guy who saw part of the film and said there was no mention of the Knights, but take that for what it's worth. I would love to see it though, I'm just  skeptical of things that can be fan made.

Just now, 31illusions said:

I kinda don't believe it. It's to soon for a leaked artwork, beside anyone can make this and some do. The knights of Ren? I read a story of a guy who saw part of the film and said there was no mention of the Knights, but take that for what it's worth. I would love to see it though, I'm just  skeptical of things that can be fan made.

Disney has been pulling the poster away from sites. It’s real. But like I said, it’s a retail poster for convenience stores and stuff. Not the final theatrical poster. Retail material is usually manufactured this early for distribution reasons and the like, so it’s not entirely out of the norm.

• Like 1