Funny things you believed as a child.

megaguns1982

1:

As a little kid I always thought that you could take a power outlet anywhere and just attach it to a tree or whatever, plug in an appliance and it would work.

2:

due to old movies and photographs being black and white I seriously thought the entire world was black and white and that sometime in the 50s or so, colour was invented.

Anyone?

• Haha 1

When I was really young, I thought that there was a risk that while I was peeing Ronald McDonald might crash through the window, knocking me over. This didn't actual freak me out too much as I just took what I considered to be reasonable precautions. :lol:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, soon said:

When I was really young, I thought that there was a risk that while I was peeing Ronald McDonald might crash through the window, knocking me over. This didn't actual freak me out too much as I just took what I considered to be reasonable precautions. :lol:

Was this in the McDonalds toilets or just generally?  If the latter, what made you think Ronald McDonald was a pedophile? :lol:  There's some sort of psychological entanglement associated to this, I'm sure of it :lol:  Did you Uncle Percival dress up as Ronnie Mac and put his finger up your bum at some early age or something? :lol:  Or was it just me that happened to? 

Edited by Len Cnut

9 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Was this in the McDonalds toilets or just generally?  If the latter, what made you think Ronald McDonald was a pedophile? :lol:  There's some sort of psychological entanglement associated to this, I'm sure of it :lol:  Did you Uncle Percival dress up as Ronnie Mac and put his finger up your bum at some early age or something? :lol:  Or was it just me that happened to? 

:lol:

It was only the toilet at home actually! My young mind didnt include a sexual angle, my butt hole thankfully untouched by your uncle :lol:

I just peed from the side of the bowl with back facing the wall with the window, so that when Ronald McDonald came swinging through the window he'd fall on the floor where I would put him in a full nelson and walk him to the highway. :lol: And, I mean, I maintain a battle ready posture to ward off capitalist to this day - so to speak :lol:

Or maybe I just wanted to play "swords" with Ronald McDonald, get off my jock! :lol:

• Haha 3

I thought God looked like the ringmaster from Dumbo

RingmasterDumbo.jpg

I remember my Dad telling me when I was younger that cars driving with their full beam headlights on was dangerous because they could blind people in front of them. I didn't realise he meant temporarily and thought for a while that if I ever was unlucky enough to be passed by a car with full beam on then I would lose my sight. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

1:

As a little kid I always thought that you could take a power outlet anywhere and just attach it to a tree or whatever, plug in an appliance and it would work.

2:

due to old movies and photographs being black and white I seriously thought the entire world was black and white and that sometime in the 50s or so, colour was invented.

Anyone?

I'm reasonably sure I thought that second one too! 

I know my brother thought that horror movies were real. Like he thought that people were actually being killed in them. 

One crazy thing that went around when I was a kid was this claim that every person on earth has a doppelganger on the other side of the planet. 

I have no idea how or why that was a thing spread around amongst kids but I definitely believed it when I was little because I didn't know any better. 

• Like 1

I believed that if I ate an apple seed then a apple tree would grow in my stomach. 

I hated the plug hole in the bath because I was convinced a great white shark could get through it and into the bath with me. 

Sometimes when I was riding my bike I thought a pterodactyl might swoop from the sky and carry me off to its nest on top of a volcano, so I’d pedal like mad to get home :lol:

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

2:

Anyone?

I did too.

I looked behind the TV to see the programme from behind too

I thought thunder was the clouds banging together

16 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I believed that if I ate an apple seed then a apple tree would grow in my stomach.

I was thinking about this, but I couldn't come up with any silly thing I believed in. But now you mention that, I did believe that too. Funny :lol:

8 hours ago, Dazey said:

I used to think that TV shows waited for me to get home before they started. I was devastated one night when I went to the shop with my Grandma and when we got back I'd missed The Fall Guy. :lol: 

I wouldn't call that funny, but visionary! That's exactly how it is for kids nowadays.

9 hours ago, Dazey said:

I used to think that TV shows waited for me to get home before they started. I was devastated one night when I went to the shop with my Grandma and when we got back I'd missed The Fall Guy. :lol: 

That’s amusing with media is on demand these days. I tried to explain all of this stuff to my daughter who just didn’t understand lol

waiting until a certain time to watch a show.

18 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I had a cap gun as a kid and my old mans always had a bald patch in the middle of his head

I convinced my brother for many a year he had a bald patch becouse I shot him with my cap gun

My grandad used to sleep in his armchair in the living room after his dinner before going to the club. He started going upstairs after a while because my cousin and I made a point of kicking him in the bollocks as soon as he'd nodded off. :lol:

Nothing to do with the main thread but relevant to your post I think. :lol: 

24 minutes ago, Dazey said:

My grandad used to sleep in his armchair in the living room after his dinner before going to the club. He started going upstairs after a while because my cousin and I made a point of kicking him in the bollocks as soon as he'd nodded off. :lol:

What the fuckin' hell was the point of that?! :lol:  That is just PROPER out of order, indefensible :lol:  I'm all for a laugh but kicking a man in the cobblers, and for no reason at that, is just not cricket. 

43 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

What the fuckin' hell was the point of that?! :lol:  That is just PROPER out of order, indefensible :lol:  I'm all for a laugh but kicking a man in the cobblers, and for no reason at that, is just not cricket. 

Of course there was a reason. It was fucking funny! :lol: 

• Haha 2