*Top 10 GNR Moments 2019*

6 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I get what you mean.  I absolutely love GNR, and Appetite is really the album that got kid-me into music and guitar playing in a serious way so GNR will always be a special entity for me.  I think for me that is why sometimes I get more frustrated with GNR when they do not get anywhere close to reaching any of their potentials - knowing how they could be putting more amazing badass art out there in the world for people to get that level of connection from while they still are able to

I truly get Russ' frustration with it all, especially considering he is one of the people in charge of this forum and therefore is responsible for maintaining and fostering the congregation of GNR fans all for the love of the music.  So to me, and idk if this is gonna be rambling nonsense on my part (sorry if so lol) but even Russ' negative comments towards GNR, comes from a place of love of GNR in my eyes (I hope I can speak on behalf of you Russ by saying that haha)

I fucking love GNR, and that is why I go into "wtf" mode when they don't act like how any other band does and satisfies their fans with (officially released) music more often than once every decade or so :lol:   Especially when one of my other favorite bands, Tool, just recently finally did that

I never saw it that way. Thank you for your response. You’re correct. 

• GNFNR 1

10 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I never saw it that way. Thank you for your response. You’re correct. 

Of course!  I just wanted to share my perspective because I know maybe sometimes my own comments can verge on negative the past couple months regarding GNR and I think both you and Russ are cool posters on here so I wanted to try bridging that gap :)

Edited by WhazUp
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

As if. If anybody here had a child who spent its time On Earth complaining and whining about being let down by something, yet still spending ample amount of time bitching about it you would be a huge disappointment. “GNR has let me down again, yet I’ll be be analyzing GNRs every move!” You’re complaining, pure and simple, and you still come here and say this and that. It’s ducking stupid. I imagine you are not well regarded in your personal and professional circles. But, you’re a circle jerk so who cares.

...Dexter, is that you? 

On 29/12/2019 at 8:59 AM, Lio said:

Thank you @Arnuld for trying to insert some positivity!

I quite liked a lot of the leaks, those were very exciting weeks. And a tour is always Fun when you can go to a show. I always love the anticipation, even if I can't go, and to be honest, there's been surprises in each new leg. I'm not expecting any more than that.

Axl had his hair cut, that was quite a shock too.

Looking forward to 2020.

Each leg had a surprise? Axls new hair cut.... this post is obviously a rib :D 

I joined this forum early 2005, and back then, there was literally nothing going one, except a canceled Rock in Rio (GNR would only start their 2006 tour 1.5 year later).  We didn't even know who was in the band.

Who would've thought we would be witnessing a full year of touring with Slash, Duff and Axl? In short, not that bad of a year to be a GNR fan...

• Like 2

Amazing year. Who would have thought that 19-20 CDs with unheard GN'R music would leak? Just give that a little thought. Not one disc, not one snippet, or one full song in bad quality from some dirty hoarder used as trading bait. But 19-20 CDs from Zutaut. The vault anno 2001 (or at least some of it). And we got this. Not teased over decades. But over a few weeks. It is bizarre beyond comparison. We haven't had new music since 2008 and now, 11 years after we get a shitload. Granted, most of the tracks were instrumentals and lots of variations over the same songs, but still. A handful of new songs with Axl vocals and a few discs of entirely new songs as instrumentals. And some of them are sooo good. I usually don't like instrumentals but there are a few here that really are great. And State of Grace and Hardscool and Eye on You and Perhaps and Atlas. Listening to these makes me appreciate Chinese Democracy much more. If I felt CD alone felt weird and disjointed from the rest of the band's discography, the new songs helps to make the transition from UYI to CD more comfortable, and the new music goes beyond CD. I get it now, or at least think I do. I can envision the follow-up. Just mindblowing. What happened to the instrumentals after 2001? How many of them vocals? What new songs have been made since then? And were these 19-20 CDs a complete representation of the vault at that time, or do more music exist? It is like we got a peak into the vault but likely only saw some of it. And what an encouraging sight that was!

And oh yeah, in 2019 the band off course also did some more touring although that pales in comparison to the leaks. The fan base has also gotten even crazier with two guys deciding to take down any unofficial videos. Always drama in GN'R land.

• Like 2

On 28-12-2019 at 9:42 PM, Arnuld said:

*big post*

This is a pretty complicated way that only 2 good things happened this year GnR-wise. 

1. Two new UYI deep cuts are played live

2. The Village Sessions leak

The first one, if we're honest, is nothing more than you could reasonably expect from a band. In fact it's probably less than you could reasonably expect from a band.

The second one is something out of the bands control, which they're actively opposing. Certainly not credited to them. 

For the rest it was a year of YouTube takedowns, lack of communication (especially on the previous mention), terrible cashgrab merchandise, mediocre vocal performances and basically nothing new at all. 

4 minutes ago, username said:

The second one is something out of the bands control, which they're actively opposing. Certainly not credited to them. 

Right? Leaks were entertaining and some of them are great but they don’t really mean something positive in GNR world. Look at poor Rick. The actual band don’t  want as to have it but they don’t give anything new anyway. So if you look wider on the situation not only on leaked material you can see how sad this situation is. If you want to hear new music you have to steal it and eventually you will be permanently banned from their live shows.

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Amazing year. Who would have thought that 19-20 CDs with unheard GN'R music would leak? Just give that a little thought. Not one disc, not one snippet, or one full song in bad quality from some dirty hoarder used as trading bait. But 19-20 CDs from Zutaut. The vault anno 2001 (or at least some of it). And we got this. Not teased over decades. But over a few weeks. It is bizarre beyond comparison. We haven't had new music since 2008 and now, 11 years after we get a shitload. Granted, most of the tracks were instrumentals and lots of variations over the same songs, but still. A handful of new songs with Axl vocals and a few discs of entirely new songs as instrumentals. And some of them are sooo good. I usually don't like instrumentals but there are a few here that really are great. And State of Grace and Hardscool and Eye on You and Perhaps and Atlas. Listening to these makes me appreciate Chinese Democracy much more. If I felt CD alone felt weird and disjointed from the rest of the band's discography, the new songs helps to make the transition from UYI to CD more comfortable, and the new music goes beyond CD. I get it now, or at least think I do. I can envision the follow-up. Just mindblowing. What happened to the instrumentals after 2001? How many of them vocals? What new songs have been made since then? And were these 19-20 CDs a complete representation of the vault at that time, or do more music exist? It is like we got a peak into the vault but likely only saw some of it. And what an encouraging sight that was!

And oh yeah, in 2019 the band off course also did some more touring although that pales in comparison to the leaks. The fan base has also gotten even crazier with two guys deciding to take down any unofficial videos. Always drama in GN'R land.

"the new songs helps to make the transition from UYI to CD more comfortable, and the new music goes beyond CD.

this is what i wish CD sounded like. I dont know why AXL never used those songs that would be the perfect bridge so people could listen and feel the growth. 

8 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

"the new songs helps to make the transition from UYI to CD more comfortable, and the new music goes beyond CD.

this is what i wish CD sounded like. I dont know why AXL never used those songs that would be the perfect bridge so people could listen and feel the growth. 

Yeah, I agree. Especially when almost the entire lineup had been replaced. People needed that connection to the UYI material to feel it was still their band, still Guns N' Roses. With the leaked tracks I feel it has become, not really cohesive, but at least more of a natural transition. The space in-between has been a little bit more filled in. This is both because the leaked music contains music that was older than the ones that were released in 2008, less worked on, more natural in a way with less synths and programming, but also because the leaked material is more guitar-driven. 

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yeah, I agree. Especially when almost the entire lineup had been replaced. People needed that connection to the UYI material to feel it was still their band, still Guns N' Roses. With the leaked tracks I feel it has become, not really cohesive, but at least more of a natural transition. The space in-between has been a little bit more filled in. This is both because the leaked music contains music that was older than the ones that were released in 2008, less worked on, more natural in a way with less synths and programming, but also because the leaked material is more guitar-driven. 

Agree SM. There are some of the leaked songs that are guitar driven and more organic that you could possibly picture a couple of them being done from the 94 to 96 sessions and the listener may have been none the wiser thinking they were left overs from the illusions lineup.

Edited by Sydney Fan