NFL thread

SAU3R

6 hours ago, SAU3R said:

Where has the NFL thread gone? I can't seem to find it anymore 

I can't find it either, which is odd. I live in Detroit and we've had no hope for NFL success in the last 50 years, so I personally don't pay attention to the NFL. 

I know we had a thread though, so it's really weird that it seems to have disappeared. 

8 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Jay Z ownes a team?

I havent followed closely enough to know if Jay Z has stated his intention to own an NFL team in the near future, but it is widely speculated. His production company partnered with the NFL this past year and will handle the Superbowl Halftime Show show among other things. He also, controversially, signed on to be the face of the NFLs new social justice initiative. Apparently these moves are both the types of moves one makes in the industry to work towards ownership.

There has never been a black owner of an NFL team and Jay Z seems to be trying to frame his capitalist ventures within the NFL community as advancements in racial equality. He has also loosely expressed a desire for ownership and also was part owner of an NBA team until maybe 2014ish.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/14/is-jay-z-working-toward-becoming-an-nfl-owner/

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27421748/stills-criticizes-jay-z-never-knee

https://www.tmz.com/2019/08/16/jay-z-part-owner-nfl-team/

13 minutes ago, soon said:

I havent followed closely enough to know if Jay Z has stated his intention to own an NFL team in the near future, but it is widely speculated. His production company partnered with the NFL this past year and will handle the Superbowl Halftime Show show among other things. He also, controversially, signed on to be the face of the NFLs new social justice initiative. Apparently these moves are both the types of moves one makes in the industry to work towards ownership.

There has never been a black owner of an NFL team and Jay Z seems to be trying to frame his capitalist ventures within the NFL community as advancements in racial equality. He has also loosely expressed a desire for ownership and also was part owner of an NBA team until maybe 2014ish.

I would not be surprised if he did....he even brought in his own wine to the Golden Globes. 

No Moët for Bey and Jay.

Jay-Z and Beyoncé’s ENj_V_bU0AAZAQh.jpgbodyguard was spotted holding bottles of the rapper’s own brand of champagne, Ace of Spades, at the Golden Globes on Sunday.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I think that we're going to get our asses kicked by the Niners again but I'm also optimistic because anything can happen in the playoffs. At any rate, the Packers weren't even supposed to get this far this year.

I don't get that. This is the best team Rodgers has had since 2014...really good running game and defense and one elite WR..and they're healthy. I think they have everything needed for a Super Bowl berth, but that SF defense is just nasty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Big BUMP

Great QB matchup this year in the Super Bowl, The GOAT vs the potential future GOAT. And the Bucs get to play in their home stadium. Incredible.

Looks like there could be some aftermath for Green Bay as that Jordan Love pick may rear it's ugly head between Rodgers and management (especially after they kicked the field goal rather than going for it on 4th down on their last drive).