TMZ Runs Story About Leaks, GN'R Management Publicly Responds

I always suspected the "locker" story was just smoke and mirrors to divert attention. 

Also, werent other media outlets told not to talk about the incident when it was going on?

97 songs....

Just now, sofine11 said:

@Fernandoyou do realize this is an horrendous look for the band, right?

Why?

It just seems so odd that TMZ is running this now. 

There's literally no new information in the main article. The "response" from management isn't even anything new. That's not a shot at TB, but its just nothing new is all. 

It's just very, very odd to me that TMZ would choose to run this months and months after it seemed to be over. 

Slow news day perhaps? 

• Confused 1

Just now, Lio said:

So Rick getting 15k was the truth and Zutaut auctioned the stuff off himself?

How come they quote a rep in the beginning and at the end they say reps don't wish to comment?

The quote in the beginning is an update on the original article, it wasn't there originally.

• Thanks 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

It just seems so odd that TMZ is running this now. 

There's literally no new information in the main article. The "response" from management isn't even anything new. That's not a shot at TB, but its just nothing new is all. 

It's just very, very odd to me that TMZ would choose to run this months and months after it seemed to be over. 

Slow news day perhaps? 

Could be...Could also be someone's trying to get GNR in the public eye again.  There are very few coincidences these days, and stories like this are often paid for. So who knows?

• Like 2

To me it's clear why they hadn't made a public statement on it before (apart from the alleged Fernando on reddit): they didn't want it to get more publicity and draw more attention beyond the forums. But now that it got to a relatively big outlet, they had to comment.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

To me it's clear why they hadn't made a public statement on it before (apart from the alleged Fernando on reddit): they didn't want it to get more publicity and draw more attention beyond the forums. But now that it got to a relatively big outlet, they had to comment.

I get that part now. I jumped the gun a bit with my post earlier. I thought that TMZ was running the story because TB commented. I see now that it's the other way around. My apologies. 

7 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Could be...Could also be someone's trying to get GNR in the public eye again.  There are very few coincidences these days, and stories like this are often paid for. So who knows?

That was a minor thought of mine too. We're about 4 weeks away from the Miami show. So maybe someone is trying to get GNRs name out there? 

Edit-

I changed the name of the thread slightly, just so it's a little more clear as to what happened. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

And the irony is the leaks were by far the most interesting and normal thing to happen to the band since the reunion. Forum members were actually discussing new music for the first time since 2008. 

From a fan's perspective, t's by FAAAARRR the most interesting thing that's happened in the world of GNR since 2016. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, Blackstar said:

The information in the main article seems to come all from Rick's side, so maybe someone tipped/advised him to contact TMZ?

This was my immediate thought. I recall in other GNR/social media-related outlets he mentioned he was going to do it, lol. A few months late, but hey, better late than never. 

Even with all this coverage now, we still probably won't hear the other side. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

This was my immediate thought. I recall in other GNR/social media-related outlets he mentioned he was going to do it, lol. A few months late, but hey, better late than never. 

Even with all this coverage now, we still probably won't hear the other side. 

Might make sense.  Going after a "diehard fan" doesn't exactly paint GNR in the best light, however accurate and on-brand it is for the dunces in charge.  Might have been a legal maneuver on Rick's part, likely orchestrated by his counsel.

Edited by sofine11