Jump to content
GNRfanJen

TMZ Runs Story About Leaks, GN'R Management Publicly Responds

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Agreed. Considering the vocals for all of the other songs that made the final cut for CD are identical to these, there’s nothing to suggest that Atlas, Hard School, Perhaps and arguably even State of Grace aren’t final.

yeah State Of Grace got what could pass as all the final vocals but maybe not all of the lyrics. Some gibberish there if I'm not mistaken sung by Axl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rovim said:

Atlas, Hard School, and Perhaps got proper vocals though. (more or less) we know Axl wanted to release Atlas and that Hard School was added as a possibility to the set list.

More or less exactly. Three songs with somewhat coherent lyrics and vocals that seem profesionnally done.

Bumblefoot once said Atlas didn't make the cut because of its lenght. The leak we have is four minutes long, I don't see a problem there. Atlas must have been re-recorded.

Hard School was added in the setlist only after the leak. They did the same thing with Better and There Was A Time in 2006 if I recall correctly. I don't think they will ever attempt to play the song. Back in 2012 when fans were sick to death of the setlist, the band added Silkworms and Oh My God on the shortlist like carrots on a stick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

More or less exactly. Three songs with somewhat coherent lyrics and vocals that seem profesionnally done.

Bumblefoot once said Atlas didn't make the cut because of its lenght. The leak we have is four minutes long, I don't see a problem there. Atlas must have been re-recorded.

Hard School was added in the setlist only after the leak. They did the same thing with Better and There Was A Time in 2006 if I recall correctly. I don't think they will ever attempt to play the song. Back in 2012 when fans were sick to death of the setlist, the band added Silkworms and Oh My God on the shortlist like carrots on a stick.

yeah I just meant more or less proper vocals cause Hard School feels a little empty like another verse will improve it. Do you really believe Axl will put tunes on the set list just to fight boredom by a small group of hardcore fans? I doubt it but if true that would be hilarious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Agreed. Considering the vocals for all of the other songs that made the final cut for CD are identical to these, there’s nothing to suggest that Atlas, Hard School, Perhaps and arguably even State of Grace aren’t final.

The "mananah naah naaah" parts during State of Grace are kinda hard to decipher, don't you think?

Edited by Silent Jay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

yeah I just meant more or less proper vocals cause Hard School feels a little empty like another verse will improve it. Do you really believe Axl will put tunes on the set list just to fight boredom by a small group of hardcore fans? I doubt it but if true that would be hilarious.

Oh My God was rehearsed instrumentally during the soundcheck of RIR 2011, I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Silkworms was on a list Bumblefoot had that was shown by McBob and believe me that one was shown to us on purpose. 

Going Down was also on the shortlist in 2014, after the leak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

a bunch of cast aside songs with "vocals" (basically Axl singing on his couch) that didn't make the cut.

 

 

Again, this is patently false. Stop perpetuating lies. The songs weren't "cast aside." There were songs specifically held over for a follow-up or third album to be released in close succession. Obviously that didn't happen. But not everything left off Chinese was considered B-side.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CAFC Nick said:

Agreed. Considering the vocals for all of the other songs that made the final cut for CD are identical to these, there’s nothing to suggest that Atlas, Hard School, Perhaps and arguably even State of Grace aren’t final.

With State of Grace it definitely sounds like scratch vocals - some of the pronunciation of some of the words are a bit hesitant, and some are just completely pure syllabic and not complete words, sort of like Axl has the melody all figured out but was working out what words would have the best effect there

Hard School and Atlas are both finished sounding, moreso than State of Grace - and both of those songs as a whole instrumentally sound a lot more finished as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Again, this is patently false. Stop perpetuating lies. The songs weren't "cast aside." There were songs specifically held over for a follow-up or third album to be released in close succession. Obviously that didn't happen. But not everything left off Chinese was considered B-side.

Considering the state of some of the ideas on the disks, it is very possible many of them are simply ideas being developed but at that point weren't developed enough to be already on a tracklist for any follow ups.  Any of them could either have been continued to be worked on and slated for the future albums, or cast aside at a future time post-Village Session tracking so I think you both are right in ways.

Some of them can be considered future disk demos, some cast asides, etc.  We just don't know specifics because the band has only released one album and not much information otherwise other than the tracks Axl talked about during the Forum chats

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

I agree in theory, but Beta is out there arguing with fans in comment threads on Instagram about Stephanie Seymour and Axl's relationship from decades ago. She was belittling another GNR fan on Instagram who has spend thousands of dollars, bought tons of merch (including Locked and Loaded box set at original price), and traveled all over the world to see GNR. Professionalism isn't something Beta or her kid are known for. I tried for years giving them the benefit of the doubt. Fuck that.

Of course. If you include the rest of my comment, you will see i disagree with some of TB's practices too. As far as i'm concerned, TB sucks ass at marketing and promotions, particularly regarding community engagement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Again, this is patently false. Stop perpetuating lies. The songs weren't "cast aside." There were songs specifically held over for a follow-up or third album to be released in close succession. Obviously that didn't happen. But not everything left off Chinese was considered B-side.

sounds pretty authoritative if not misleading at best 

axl had a few instrumentals  and four sub par songs left off CD not the 80 songs in the bank that him and his moochers supported him in proclaiming - it was more of an empty promise 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

The "mananah naah naaah" parts during State of Grace are kinda hard to decipher, don't you think?

Oh absolutely, but I wonder if it’s more of a poor mix thing rather than a non-finalised vocals thing. I can’t name any new-GNR song where we have heard demo vocals that changed when compared to CD (and don’t say TIL cos that remix was after the album! :P)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Oh absolutely, but I wonder if it’s more of a poor mix thing rather than a non-finalised vocals thing. I can’t name any new-GNR song where we have heard demo vocals that changed when compared to CD (and don’t say TIL cos that remix was after the album! :P)

He slightly changed the lyrics of "better"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

He slightly changed the lyrics of "better"

That was more editing a part out rather than actually adding anything new. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

any album released under GNR moniker with Slash on it WON'T have Frank on it.  Take my word for that. ;)

will Fortus remain the sole post UYI era memeber left behind, I doubt but we will see.

Fact, as long as they tour with Frank - they are nowhere near finished or near the studio.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

any album released under GNR moniker with Slash on it WON'T have Frank on it.  Take my word for that. ;)

will Fortus remain the sole post UYI era memeber left behind, I doubt but we will see.

Fact, as long as they tour with Frank - they are nowhere near finished or near the studio.

But yet Frank was on SOYL....

  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

was he or not ? pretty inconclusive 

You should be able to tell for yourself, right? 

If the drumming is great, it should be Steven. If it's terrible, it should be Frank, right? At least that's what many people seem to claim. 

So.... You should be able to tell us who it is based on the quality of drumming, right? 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

He slightly changed the lyrics of "better"

Don’t forget the slight adaptations to Riad and The Blues. 
 

I’m talking about fundamental changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

You should be able to tell for yourself, right? 

If the drumming is great, it should be Steven. If it's terrible, it should be Frank, right? At least that's what many people seem to claim. 

So.... You should be able to tell us who it is based on the quality of drumming, right? 

sort of - its a bit of a mystery 

the first part does not sound like steven, sounds clumsy 

the fills in some parts sound like him 

then the chorus sounds like frank or someone else not steven 

but to answer your question yes frank sucks 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

You should be able to tell for yourself, right? 

If the drumming is great, it should be Steven. If it's terrible, it should be Frank, right? At least that's what many people seem to claim. 

So.... You should be able to tell us who it is based on the quality of drumming, right? 

Not the best source for this one by any means, but Steven Adler says that wasn’t his drumming on the officially released SOYL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

Not the best source for this one by any means, but Steven Adler says that wasn’t his drumming on the officially released SOYL.

Oh, I know. That's beside my point though. It goes back to what @Gordon Comstock and I were talking about last week: a lot of people seem to hate certain members of GNR no matter what.

Frank is terrible to some people no matter what. Steven and / or Matt are the greatest ever to some people no matter what. 

So..... Shouldn't someone be able to tell the difference between Frank and these other two amazing drummers easily without having confirmation of who's actually playing on the track? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Oh, I know. That's beside my point though. It goes back to what @Gordon Comstock and I were talking about last week: a lot of people seem to hate certain members of GNR no matter what.

Frank is terrible to some people no matter what. Steven and / or Matt are the greatest ever to some people no matter what. 

So..... Shouldn't someone be able to tell the difference between Frank and these other two amazing drummers easily without having confirmation of who's actually playing on the track? 

Yeah good point! I can’t tell either way.

Personally I’ve never been one for going “this person is better than that” (except for DJ Ashba :lol:).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Oh, I know. That's beside my point though. It goes back to what @Gordon Comstock and I were talking about last week: a lot of people seem to hate certain members of GNR no matter what.

Frank is terrible to some people no matter what. Steven and / or Matt are the greatest ever to some people no matter what. 

So..... Shouldn't someone be able to tell the difference between Frank and these other two amazing drummers easily without having confirmation of who's actually playing on the track? 

i supported frank during the nu phase 

however you bring slash and duff back in the picture and you need an upgrade to the original classic members or even brain who can do it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Yeah good point! I can’t tell either way.

Personally I’ve never been one for going “this person is better than that” (except for DJ Ashba :lol:).

Haha, same here. Including and especially DJ. 

3 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i supported frank during the nu phase 

however you bring slash and duff back in the picture and you need an upgrade to the original classic members or even brain who can do it 

You're missing the point. If Frank is such a worse drummer than Steven or Matt, you should be able to tell us for certain if he's playing on SOYL without someone telling you, right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had a chance to listen to Eddie Trunk and Rick's interview. Listening to those two virgins try to out yell each other was one of the saddest things I've seen in the GN'R community in some time (and we do not have a shortage of sad going ons around here).

In all seriousness though...

-Rick comes across like some creepy redneck (and I am in NO WAY saying he is; just how he comes across in the interview). The parts where he was trying to rant and rave about song titles from the leaks, Team Brazil, and the "Mac Daddy" to an audience that had no idea what the hell he was talking about cracked me up. Even Trunk had to tell him to shut up. Hell, Trunk could barely contain his derision for Rick after he hung up. I understand Rick's idea was to make it public that he did not leak any audio, and call me crazy, but I believe him, but I'm guessing he has not retained legal counsel. Any lawyer would have told him to just keep his mouth shut until this blows over.

-Then there's Trunk. The dude dick swings like he's some kind of music business professor - trying to lecture Rick about who owns songs - yet does not seem to understand that basic concept that the $150,000.00 per song UMG seeks are statutory copyright damages. Eddie thinks the record label tried to directly sell ownership of unreleased Guns N' Roses songs to Rick Dunsford. Trunk should be banned from talking about music ever again for having an idea that stupid. Hell, maybe instead of ranting and raving like a 16 year old girl about how he left a GN'R concert, he should read one of those books on the basics of the music business.

To give credit to Trunk, I do not think he sees himself as a celebrity per se. I do believe he'd be the first person to tell you he's just a random dude whose persistence paid off. To me, his error seems to be thinking the people he interviews (especially the GN'R guys) are his personal friends. I give Trunk complete credit for scoring some great GN'R interviews; particularly with Axl. I still listen to that 2006 interview from time to time. But Trunk needs to understand that his guests come to his show to promote products and control their narratives. Just look at the Axl interviews. When Axl came to the radio station in 2006, it was on the eve of Guns n' Roses' first tour since 2002; a tour that resulted in two riots, was cancelled prematurely, and ended with Axl looking like a complete loose cannon unable to move on from the wrongs of Duff, Slash, and Izzy. Axl gave that interview because it was an easy way to show people he actually intended on showing up to the concerts, and made a lot of people realize Axl has at least one foot in the real world (and can even be charming. When Axl did the television interview in 2011, the band needed to promote a grossly undersold arena tour (when the band, at that time in the United States, was at best an amphitheater band). Also, the music press and internet were still mocking Axl relentlessly for the Rock in Rio show. Even with all that, Beta and Fenando had to essentially trick Axl into giving the interview.

Sorry for the rant; just my two cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×