TMZ Runs Story About Leaks, GN'R Management Publicly Responds

5 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

A lot has changed since 2015... plus it's accepted for people of certain groups to refer to themselves as said group. 😛

Fuxk we need new music...

Wait... What?

Just because most people don't know the actual origin of the term, doesn't mean there's a need for faux outrage ("that term is offensive"). The origin of the term is in no way offensive and that hasn't changed since 2015.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wait... What?

Just because most people don't know the actual origin of the term, doesn't mean there's a need for faux outrage ("that term is offensive"). The origin of the term is in no way offensive and that hasn't changed since 2015.

actually, the term was still not offensive until March 8, 2017 when all of a sudden it totally was. You're both out of touch.

54 minutes ago, SOH said:

I think they do stuff with the setlists to troll us for sure. There was a big wink and nod with "Prostitute" on a leaked setlist after a leak but it was spelled incorrectly, which to me (or I was reading way too much into it) was poking fun at all of the arguing on forums about whether or not the lyric is "prostitute", because it's not sung clearly.

but still there's a difference between poking fun by misspelling a song title on purpose and adding a tune as a possibility to the set list, one that many hardcore fans want to hear performed live with no intention to actually play it. Cause that will be kinda cuntish, no? it's possible but I hope it's just a case of Axl not feeling it yet. He played Slither, he can play Hard School and Oh My God with Slash and Duff imo.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Haha, same here. Including and especially DJ. 

You're missing the point. If Frank is such a worse drummer than Steven or Matt, you should be able to tell us for certain if he's playing on SOYL without someone telling you, right? 

its inconcllusive as nobody knows and it could be pro tools for all we know

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Nice Boy said:

I really don't get how Adler wasn't sure if it was his drumming on Shadow Of Your Love. I mean if you're a professional drummer surely you'd be able to tell if it was you or not, even if the track had been remastered? 

agreed but its hard to tell, knowing axl i think he mixed him and frank together à la live era to fuck with everyone and didn't tell anybody 

On 1/2/2020 at 6:49 PM, Live Like a Suicide said:

While i am immensely grateful for the leaks, Rick Dunsford was a fucking retard to allegedly deal with notorious people in the purchase of the leaks and then attach his face to the transaction while bragging online. He has fallen on his own sword. I can't say I feel sorry for him - he should have had more sense.

On 1/3/2020 at 2:19 AM, Azifwekare said:

The reason why Rick is being blamed for it is because he is the only one dumb enough to be bragging about it all over the internet every chance he got. It's his own fault.

100% agree. He did an idiotic thing and I don't feel the least bit bad for him, getting banned from shows and all that.

On 1/3/2020 at 12:39 PM, Tourettes2400 said:

Eddie Trunk is on his show now talking about this situation. He was talking about how he was backstage at Exit 111 and that Tom Zutaut was there too. Eddie said that Tom told him while they were backstage that there was some weirdness going on between him the GN’R camp. Eddie said well I guess we all know what that weirdness is now.

Eddie is clearly still butt hurt about never getting that interview and I love it 😂 Just hearing the comments he was making as he described how GN’R entered the backstage area sounds like he is still upset they made him move back during that show.

Eddie also bragged about being the original leaker of anything Chinese Democracy. The guy is such a douchebag.

Eddie is so annoying :facepalm:

5 hours ago, themadcaplaughs said:

I just had a chance to listen to Eddie Trunk and Rick's interview. Listening to those two virgins try to out yell each other was one of the saddest things I've seen in the GN'R community in some time (and we do not have a shortage of sad going ons around here).

In all seriousness though...

-Rick comes across like some creepy redneck (and I am in NO WAY saying he is; just how he comes across in the interview). The parts where he was trying to rant and rave about song titles from the leaks, Team Brazil, and the "Mac Daddy" to an audience that had no idea what the hell he was talking about cracked me up. Even Trunk had to tell him to shut up. Hell, Trunk could barely contain his derision for Rick after he hung up. I understand Rick's idea was to make it public that he did not leak any audio, and call me crazy, but I believe him, but I'm guessing he has not retained legal counsel. Any lawyer would have told him to just keep his mouth shut until this blows over.

-Then there's Trunk. The dude dick swings like he's some kind of music business professor - trying to lecture Rick about who owns songs - yet does not seem to understand that basic concept that the $150,000.00 per song UMG seeks are statutory copyright damages. Eddie thinks the record label tried to directly sell ownership of unreleased Guns N' Roses songs to Rick Dunsford. Trunk should be banned from talking about music ever again for having an idea that stupid. Hell, maybe instead of ranting and raving like a 16 year old girl about how he left a GN'R concert, he should read one of those books on the basics of the music business.

To give credit to Trunk, I do not think he sees himself as a celebrity per se. I do believe he'd be the first person to tell you he's just a random dude whose persistence paid off. To me, his error seems to be thinking the people he interviews (especially the GN'R guys) are his personal friends. I give Trunk complete credit for scoring some great GN'R interviews; particularly with Axl. I still listen to that 2006 interview from time to time. But Trunk needs to understand that his guests come to his show to promote products and control their narratives. Just look at the Axl interviews. When Axl came to the radio station in 2006, it was on the eve of Guns n' Roses' first tour since 2002; a tour that resulted in two riots, was cancelled prematurely, and ended with Axl looking like a complete loose cannon unable to move on from the wrongs of Duff, Slash, and Izzy. Axl gave that interview because it was an easy way to show people he actually intended on showing up to the concerts, and made a lot of people realize Axl has at least one foot in the real world (and can even be charming. When Axl did the television interview in 2011, the band needed to promote a grossly undersold arena tour (when the band, at that time in the United States, was at best an amphitheater band). Also, the music press and internet were still mocking Axl relentlessly for the Rock in Rio show. Even with all that, Beta and Fenando had to essentially trick Axl into giving the interview.

Sorry for the rant; just my two cents.

Honestly he just keeps digging his own grave deeper and deeper. He should've kept his mouth shut the whole time (so that no one knew he was buying the stuff) and been more selective about the people he associates with.

At the end of the day, this remains a non news story really.

19 or so CDs of unreleased GNR music hit the internet late last year and seemingly no one cared outside of the die hards left on the forums. If anything to do with this whole situation was going to make waves, that would have been it, but it didn't. 

I remain puzzled as to why TMZ ran the story months late but even with that, the story barely made any further waves. All the usual sites ran the story after TMZ did, but it didn't cause a massive amount of attention of anything. It's already old news after just a few days. 

As far as Rick's banning from shows is concerned, there's just no real way to enforce that. That's one thing Trunk was right about. If Rick hadn't bought a VIP ticket, he would have been just fine. The hardcore fans that travel from show to show are always concerned with getting as close to the stage as possible. They're not going to waste any time combing the stands for Rick. 

All Rick needs to do in order to keep attending GNR shows is wait til the openers are on, then just blend in with the general public and enjoy the show. Problem solved. GNR isn't going to send their team out to comb the crowd for a literal needle in a hay stack. So if it's truly about Rick just wanting to attend shows without attention on himself, it's an easy fix. 

14 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

19 or so CDs of unreleased GNR music hit the internet late last year and seemingly no one cared outside of the die hards left on the forums. If anything to do with this whole situation was going to make waves, that would have been it, but it didn't. 

I remain puzzled as to why TMZ ran the story months late but even with that, the story barely made any further waves. All the usual sites ran the story after TMZ did, but it didn't cause a massive amount of attention of anything. It's already old news after just a few days. 

As far as Rick's banning from shows is concerned, there's just no real way to enforce that. That's one thing Trunk was right about. If Rick hadn't bought a VIP ticket, he would have been just fine. The hardcore fans that travel from show to show are always concerned with getting as close to the stage as possible. They're not going to waste any time combing the stands for Rick. 

All Rick needs to do in order to keep attending GNR shows is wait til the openers are on, then just blend in with the general public and enjoy the show. Problem solved. GNR isn't going to send their team out to comb the crowd for a literal needle in a hay stack. So if it's truly about Rick just wanting to attend shows without attention on himself, it's an easy fix. 

If I was Rick I'd just go to the shows and PM Fernando a bunch of photos from different areas of the stadium for the duration of the set. :lol: 

The leaks were a non story. I downloaded them all and right now I wouldn't recognise a single one of them. 

• Haha 2

I downloaded them all. Plonked them on a disc, and haven't really listened to them yet beyond the four or so with vocals (Hard School etc), and then just briefly. I was busy when they leaked but it made me realise that my fandom has plummeted to such an extent that I am not sure I even care about new music now. 

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

its inconcllusive as nobody knows and it could be pro tools for all we know

This is by far the most likely scenario. It's not hard at all to get some samples of Adler's druming, ctrl + C / ctrl + V on a grid and make it a thing. IMO, they didnt even had to go that far, and just used some alternate take and fixed it up here and there to improve whatever they felt like.

Also I wouldnt take Adler's word for granted. Who knows what the hell is going on in his head.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The ban is really not about him attending shows. It’s about him attending shows as a VIP and having any access where he’d be seen. They don’t want to deal with him any longer. Can’t blame them honestly. 

Question for Rick is if that’s the type of experience he’s willing to accept from now on at a show. Keep being public about this and it probably won’t get any better. I honestly hope he’s getting good advice and listening to someone.

2 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

So Eddie Trunk is convinced that Universal is trying to sell Rick the rights to the Village sessions.

Yeah, I mentioned this earlier but I was stunned when I heard Trunk say that. 

It's not even a matter of mis-hearing Rick or something. He's been around the music industry long enough to know that would never ever be something a record label would do with music. 

I don't think Trunk fully understood Rick's claim that Universal is suing him. 

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, I mentioned this earlier but I was stunned when I heard Trunk say that. 

It's not even a matter of mis-hearing Rick or something. He's been around the music industry long enough to know that would never ever be something a record label would do with music. 

I don't think Trunk fully understood Rick's claim that Universal is suing him. 

Ikr? It's not that hard to understand, any normal person would have just assumed Rick was getting sued from the get go anyway. Maybe Trunk was too busy shouting about how he felt left out at a GNR show and how he devastated the band by leaving to have been paying attention to much else.

He was legit shouting over the entire interview. Is that something he always does?

• Like 1