TMZ Runs Story About Leaks, GN'R Management Publicly Responds

My theory is that they finally decided to go legally after Rick. That would explain why this article came out of nowhere (so Rick can defend himself and put Gn’R management in the spotlight). He has been really silent this past month. 

It doesn’t matter though, there’s absolutely no way to prove if Rick is the Chairman. Also the lifetime ban from shows is ridiculous, there’s no way they can control that. 

EDIT: also in the article it says that they got the C&D letter (Rick probably sent it to them), so that even makes more sense).

Edited by GNRfanMILO

Interesting that GNR has landed the blame for selling the cds in Zutauts lap (heavily suggested at the very least). I don't know the story, and I guess it is possible that Tom did sell those cds but I don't think so. I buy the story that he didn't pay his bills / had forgotten about the cds and the owner of the entire lot decided to sell.

As for the timing? who knows? I thought it got a fair run in the news when the leak happened and the fan was banned from the shows... this is curious to say the least, like a few of you have pointed out!

Yeah, the timing is utterly bizarre. Seems like an intentional maneuver on someone's part.  Maybe Rick's counsel knows that this would not be an ideal time for GNR to receive negative press?

Edited by sofine11

Zutaut probably knew that the lockers were going to be sold and didn’t give a shit, it’s hard to deny in this day in age that he couldn’t be reached by email, phone, letter or whatever to let him know about it.

He currently has nothing to do with GnR and probably didn’t even care what was in the locker to begin with, I can guarantee I wouldn’t remember some crap I left in a locker 15 years or more ago. The music was probably mixed in with a tonne of paperwork and other crap.

Edited by megaguns1982
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

My theory is that they finally decided to go legally after Rick. That would explain why this article came out of nowhere (so Rick can defend himself and put Gn’R management in the spotlight). He has been really silent this past month. 

Yeah, that's probably it. I see that he posted on twitter a few days ago that the label threatened to sue him for a lot of money.

I guess, since they blame it officially on Zutaut, UMG may be suing him, too?

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, that's probably it. I see that he posted on twitter a few days ago that the label threatened to sue him for a lot of money.

I guess, since they blame it officially on Zutaut, UMG may be suing him, too?

It may be, but they rumor was that Tom forgot to pay the storage bill and the stuff got auctioned (and bought by a middle man who then sold it to Rick). So I don’t know how they can blame Tom for this. If he really sold the stuff and they can prove it, then he’s fucked.

Also repeating what I said on my post update, TMZ said in the article that they got the C&D letter, so that makes sense. Rick sending them the letter may’ve been a condition set by TMZ to publish the article. 

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 1

Just now, GNRfanMILO said:

Also repeating what I said on my post update, TMZ got the C&D letter, so that makes sense. Rick sending them the letter may’ve been a condition set by TMZ to publish the article. 

Yes, is the proof that what he said about the lawyers and stuff is true...

The story of the locker could be not accurate, then.

I mean, the TB comment does say that Zutaut sold it. Hmm.

If Zutaut had just went negligent on payments and the lockers contents was sold storage-wars-style, that could be 'negligent' in the legal sense. Which brings to my mind the Universal storage warehouse fire. Were those loses of property negligent in the legal sense, on Universals part? Which would give the artists lawsuits a lot more weight 

Seems like UMG wouldnt want to characterize Zutauts as negligent, from that perspective.

Or maybe Zutaut did sell them, I dunno.

Edited by soon

3 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

It may be, but they rumor was that Tom forgot to pay the storage bill and the stuff got auctioned (and bought by a middle man who then sold it to Rick). So I don’t know how they can blame Tom for this. If he really sold the stuff and they can prove it, then he’s fucked.

But the band's rep puts it like this:

a record executive involved with the band in their early years found it appropriate to auction off the unreleased materials owned by his former employer

I would assume the label has delved into this matter and found the 'record executive' was the one auctioning off the material. The 'Tom forgetting to pay for his locker' seemed very fishy at the time and of course he wouldn't publically admit to selling it off. I think the original buyer(s) bought more of Tom's stuff. So who knows what he has been selling to this guy in the past?

• Like 2

Just now, GNRfanJen said:

If we go directly to the source (ie TB’s comment), they are absolutely referring to Zutaut. No mention of Rick, however, despite the fact that he’s the one in the “public eye” for lack of a better term. 

An obvious effort to make it seem like they aren't a regime who'd go after fans. :lol:

1 minute ago, GNRfanJen said:

If we go directly to the source (ie TB’s comment), they are absolutely referring to Zutaut. No mention of Rick, however, despite the fact that he’s the one in the “public eye” for lack of a better term. 

Right. I think you all have it correct. The quote mentions Zutaut as the seller and the rest of the article is basically Rick going to TMZ with his story.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

An obvious effort to make it seem like they aren't a regime who'd go after fans. :lol:

To be honest, even if you're a fan, it doesn't give you the right to spread leaks, does it? I don't think if I read an article about another band's fan like that, I wouldn't feel very sorry for him :shrugs:

But of course we only know Rick's story about the suing and stuff, as if he's the only one they (in this case, Universal) are after.

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

Were there comments on the article at one point? The icon at the top shows 471 comments but underneath says comments not available. Did they get shut off?

I can see the comments. Most of them have nothing to do with the article, they are about irrelevant stuff.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I can see them but they're mainly about Trump

I wonder why I can't see them? Not that it matters if they aren't relevant.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Do you have an ad blocker on? Maybe it's blocking disqus. Or maybe if you're on your phone it needs an app.

I do but I unblocked and still can't see them. Oh well :question:

• Like 1

Well...I guess we’ll get more of Rick’s side? Don’t know with who yet, though. 

Edit: Don’t know why I can’t post the pic but in a message he sent to a friend of mine, Rick said he has an interview tomorrow. 

Edit 2: With the NY Post.

Edited by GNRfanJen
  • Like 1