TMZ Runs Story About Leaks, GN'R Management Publicly Responds

16 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Hey guys, so at this point this story is months old, but it finally hit TMZ, and a "rep" for the band (we all know who), released a statement on it. Link is below.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/02/guns-n-roses-pissed-superfan-leaked-music-leak/

Rick Dunsford and the Leaky Locker; GnR Fandom's worst kept secret

Edited by username

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

Band name used to book the secret show at the Whisky to kick off an album release....

Wait, that would be too cool for them to pull off

If this incident is anything to go by, the show would be so secret that the media wouldn't pick up on it until three months later.

1 hour ago, username said:

u7mItHu.png

Rick cannot go to prison from a civil suit. I suppose criminal charges could be pursued like they were in 2008, but I'm sure after that fiasco, the FBI never wants to deal with Guns n' Roses again (cannot believe I just typed that sentence). 

Edited by themadcaplaughs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is so maddening because on one hand, I get that a band would not want their unreleased songs out there for free.

On the other hand, they should really try to use this publicity to their advantage and release something - spin it into something good if it's really so bad.

If they professionally mixed these and made them digital downloads I would absolutely buy them again.

2 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

This is so maddening because on one hand, I get that a band would not want their unreleased songs out there for free.

On the other hand, they should really try to use this publicity to their advantage and release something - spin it into something good if it's really so bad.

If they professionally mixed these and made them digital downloads I would absolutely buy them again.

This is most likely coming from UMG. It’s their investment regardless what the current intention is with those recordings. GNR was never going to make anything substantial, if anything off of these songs. That’s probably truthful even if they re-record them with Slash/Duff. 

We can certainly guess how GNR feels about it, and their level of cooperation though. My guess is they’re pissed it’s out there. Probably in the premise that it was never meant to be heard and/or used as leverage more so than anything directly monetarily. 

9 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

We can certainly guess how GNR feels about it, and their level of cooperation though. My guess is they’re pissed it’s out there. Probably in the premise that it was never meant to be heard and/or used as leverage more so than anything directly monetarily. 

Yeah the leaks exposed that Axl fudged the number of completed songs he had banked - he bluffed for 20 years and got away with it

Now he might actually have to do work and he’s mad

9 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Yeah the leaks exposed that Axl fudged the number of completed songs he had banked - he bluffed for 20 years and got away with it

Now he might actually have to do work and he’s mad

It was something from 20 years ago...how can you say that for sure? Maybe he simply doesn't want unfinish material around.....or material that at the end he didn't like.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, downliner said:

The Ju Ju Hounds tape is from 1993 when they were on the same label as GnR, which explains why Zutaut had a copy 

Didn’t Axl get Izzy to give him the demo for Down By the Ocean and whatever else him and Duff worked on in 1995?

I thought that happened around 2001 - Axl originally wanted Izzy to be at Rock in Rio that year

Edited by TheSeeker
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Padme said:

Is there a chance Izzy might take legal action against Zutaut?

I've no idea tbh. Izzys disc didn't leak so not sure he'd have a legal case, unless GnR is correct and Zutaut was openly selling these? We'll probably find out more info if UMG does go ahead with suing Rick though :shrugs:

• Thanks 1

Had Guns released the finished tracks via streaming they would have made pennies on the dollar compared to this locker sale. They really should have sold their own stuff storage wars style and once it circulated they could release official videos and cash in on that money and the publicity for a tour.

Edited by soon

51 minutes ago, downliner said:

I've no idea tbh. Izzys disc didn't leak so not sure he'd have a legal case, unless GnR is correct and Zutaut was openly selling these? We'll probably find out more info if UMG does go ahead with suing Rick though :shrugs:

There’s probably something in his employment contract with Geffen (now UMG) that prohibits selling these outright and possibly leaves him open to a suit if that’s the case... You’d have to really prove he was not only the source but had the intent to sell and collected payment. Losing them is not really the same 

Izzy/GNR don’t have much to do with it. They can certainly cooperate and provide info, but these are UMG’s recordings. They can sue without their blessing. Hell the FBI could come in and pursue further without UMG’s blessing. 

Rick made a mistake the day he posted he was involved 

47 minutes ago, soon said:

Had Guns released the finished tracks via streaming they would have made pennies on the dollar compared to this locker sale. They really should have sold their own stuff storage wars style and once it circulated they could release official videos and cash in on that money and the publicity for a tour.

Now UMG is suing GNR for the entire cost of the Chinese Democracy sessions plus damages! 

Eddie Trunk is on his show now talking about this situation. He was talking about how he was backstage at Exit 111 and that Tom Zutaut was there too. Eddie said that Tom told him while they were backstage that there was some weirdness going on between him the GN’R camp. Eddie said well I guess we all know what that weirdness is now.

Eddie is clearly still butt hurt about never getting that interview and I love it 😂 Just hearing the comments he was making as he described how GN’R entered the backstage area sounds like he is still upset they made him move back during that show.

Eddie also bragged about being the original leaker of anything Chinese Democracy. The guy is such a douchebag.

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

48 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Eddie Trunk is on his show now talking about this situation. He was talking about how he was backstage at Exit 111 and that Tom Zutaut was there too. Eddie said that Tom told him while they were backstage that there was some weirdness going on between him the GN’R camp. Eddie said well I guess we all know what that weirdness is now.

Eddie is clearly still butt hurt about never getting that interview and I love it 😂 Just hearing the comments he was making as he described how GN’R entered the backstage area sounds like he is still upset they made him move back during that show.

Eddie also bragged about being the original leaker of anything Chinese Democracy. The guy is such a douchebag.

So essentially, nothing of substance. :facepalm: