TMZ Runs Story About Leaks, GN'R Management Publicly Responds

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

They’re not. That’s just what happens under the quoted scenario 

Nothing about the quoted scenario suggested that Guns go rogue from their label. Its common vernacular to talk about a band releasing an album. Ive never heard anyone say "I cant wait for AC/DC's label to release their new album" :lol:

2 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

He was discussing it because it was one of the daily news articles that they brought up. 

He probably knows as much as we do (maybe even less), but the guy does know people. Interesting to see who else adds in their hot take as the story continues to develop on a larger scale.

1 hour ago, rockphantom said:

Dunsford is on the SiriusXM Volume Eddie Trunk show discussing his situation. Let's see if the shit hits the fan, AGAIN!?!?

Were there any new revelations about the whole Village Session / Rick vs. TB thing so far?

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Trunk is under the impression he is a much bigger deal than he is, IMO. I get that he's known by a lot of people but that doesn't mean he has any real influence on the industry or fans in general. 

I think a lot of people in the press feel like if they kill GNR / TB with kindness, they'll eventually get that elusive Axl & Slash interview. Then they (people like Trunk) get all upset when they realize they did all that ass kissing for nothing because they don't matter in the overall scheme of things. 

If..... and it's a big IF, Axl & Slash ever sit down for an interview, it'll be on a massive talk show like Fallon or Kimmel on TV or Stern on radio. 

The problem with celebrities in general is that they schedule interviews for promotion. For example actors promoting a new movie or musicians promoting an album or tour. But then when celebrities get arrested over domestic violence or drugs or whatever. Then they hate the media because they report the incident. Celebrities are public figures. They don't get to choose what the media should or shouldn't talk about. Yes, unfortunately there is the National Enquire and the paparazzi. In that case celebrities can take legal action.

2 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Guy really must like the idea of getting bum raped

This is the second comment today I'm calling out in this thread for suggesting that someone is going to get raped in prison for leaking GNR music. You are absolutely delusional if you think anyone is going to prison over this. I know that for some people on this board, this band that hasn't put out a good album in decades is your entire life, but if you think they will get someone behind bars you have truly lost it. The most they could win is a monetary judgment against someone who will never be able to pay it. 

Your prison rape comments are not just uninformed, they are pathetic and sick. I would hope the mods intervene if someone else suggests another fan will be raped over leaked music. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, MidnightToker said:

Your prison rape comments are not just uninformed, they are pathetic and sick. I would hope the mods intervene if someone else suggests another fan will be raped over leaked music. 

Those comments are not meant to be taken literally, they are said in jest. Nobody really thinks anyone will go to jail and get raped. Feel free to use the 'Report Post' button if you see anything you feel is inappropriate.

• Like 2

Im not sure that I understand Mr Dunsworths approach to this (speaking publicly and on 'the record'). I wish him well. Seems like he's going Snowden, but with the significant difference that he is - as far as I gather - in Country.

I hope his approach pays off!

6 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Eddie Trunk is on his show now talking about this situation. He was talking about how he was backstage at Exit 111 and that Tom Zutaut was there too. Eddie said that Tom told him while they were backstage that there was some weirdness going on between him the GN’R camp. Eddie said well I guess we all know what that weirdness is now.

Eddie is clearly still butt hurt about never getting that interview and I love it 😂 Just hearing the comments he was making as he described how GN’R entered the backstage area sounds like he is still upset they made him move back during that show.

Eddie also bragged about being the original leaker of anything Chinese Democracy. The guy is such a douchebag.

Super douche bag. I can’t believe Axl ever gave him an interview.

2 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Those comments are not meant to be taken literally, they are said in jest. Nobody really thinks anyone will go to jail and get raped. Feel free to use the 'Report Post' button if you see anything you feel is inappropriate.

Agree with MidnightToker here. Prison rape is somehow socially acceptable, when it’s actually a grotesque problem and fundamentally not funny. Perhaps the original post isn’t literal, but certainly is in poor taste (at a minimum)

On topic: glad the story of the leaks has finally gained some media attention. Hopefully it results in us learning something more about GNR’s album plans. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Blackstar said:

This is what "Fernando" had posted on reddit (the OP in the thread he replied to has since been deleted):

flebei10.jpg
flebei11.jpg

-------

PS: At the same time I'm posting about all this, I'm aware of how ridiculous it is that this b-spy movie like story has been taking place because of some songs that a small community of diehard fans only cares about.

Bring in Michael Scarn.... He’ll bust this wide open. 
This is the dude who named his kid Axl right??

Edited by Powderfinger

13 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

This is so maddening because on one hand, I get that a band would not want their unreleased songs out there for free.

On the other hand, they should really try to use this publicity to their advantage and release something - spin it into something good if it's really so bad.

If they professionally mixed these and made them digital downloads I would absolutely buy them again.

I would totally buy everything that's been leaked if officially released .. & finished! 

• Like 2

On 1/2/2020 at 9:20 PM, Dean said:

In under an hour TMZ heard back from a 'representative' from the band upon their article being published. Frustrating when we, the fans, are still left in limbo in regards to a series of events that have happened in the last 6 months. 

This speaks volumes.

• Like 1