GNRfanJen

TMZ Runs Story About Leaks, GN'R Management Publicly Responds

47 minutes ago, soon said:

Had Guns released the finished tracks via streaming they would have made pennies on the dollar compared to this locker sale. They really should have sold their own stuff storage wars style and once it circulated they could release official videos and cash in on that money and the publicity for a tour.

Now UMG is suing GNR for the entire cost of the Chinese Democracy sessions plus damages! 

3 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

Yeah the leaks exposed that Axl fudged the number of completed songs he had banked 

No, the leaks really didn't expose this at all.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Eddie Trunk is on his show now talking about this situation. He was talking about how he was backstage at Exit 111 and that Tom Zutaut was there too. Eddie said that Tom told him while they were backstage that there was some weirdness going on between him the GN’R camp. Eddie said well I guess we all know what that weirdness is now.

Eddie is clearly still butt hurt about never getting that interview and I love it 😂 Just hearing the comments he was making as he described how GN’R entered the backstage area sounds like he is still upset they made him move back during that show.

Eddie also bragged about being the original leaker of anything Chinese Democracy. The guy is such a douchebag.

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

48 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Eddie Trunk is on his show now talking about this situation. He was talking about how he was backstage at Exit 111 and that Tom Zutaut was there too. Eddie said that Tom told him while they were backstage that there was some weirdness going on between him the GN’R camp. Eddie said well I guess we all know what that weirdness is now.

Eddie is clearly still butt hurt about never getting that interview and I love it 😂 Just hearing the comments he was making as he described how GN’R entered the backstage area sounds like he is still upset they made him move back during that show.

Eddie also bragged about being the original leaker of anything Chinese Democracy. The guy is such a douchebag.

So essentially, nothing of substance. :facepalm:

1 hour ago, guitarpatch said:

Now UMG is suing GNR for the entire cost of the Chinese Democracy sessions plus damages! 

They are?!?! I must have missed that. Can I trouble you for a link?

• Haha 1

Dunsford is on the SiriusXM Volume Eddie Trunk show discussing his situation. Let's see if the shit hits the fan, AGAIN!?!?

24 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

So essentially, nothing of substance. :facepalm:

He was discussing it because it was one of the daily news articles that they brought up. 

15 minutes ago, soon said:

They are?!?! I must have missed that. Can I trouble you for a link?

They’re not. That’s just what happens under the quoted scenario 

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

They’re not. That’s just what happens under the quoted scenario 

Nothing about the quoted scenario suggested that Guns go rogue from their label. Its common vernacular to talk about a band releasing an album. Ive never heard anyone say "I cant wait for AC/DC's label to release their new album" :lol:

18 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

Dunsford is on the SiriusXM Volume Eddie Trunk show discussing his situation. Let's see if the shit hits the fan, AGAIN!?!?

Guy really must like the idea of getting bum raped

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

He was discussing it because it was one of the daily news articles that they brought up. 

He probably knows as much as we do (maybe even less), but the guy does know people. Interesting to see who else adds in their hot take as the story continues to develop on a larger scale.

1 hour ago, rockphantom said:

Were there any new revelations about the whole Village Session / Rick vs. TB thing so far?

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Trunk is under the impression he is a much bigger deal than he is, IMO. I get that he's known by a lot of people but that doesn't mean he has any real influence on the industry or fans in general. 

I think a lot of people in the press feel like if they kill GNR / TB with kindness, they'll eventually get that elusive Axl & Slash interview. Then they (people like Trunk) get all upset when they realize they did all that ass kissing for nothing because they don't matter in the overall scheme of things. 

If..... and it's a big IF, Axl & Slash ever sit down for an interview, it'll be on a massive talk show like Fallon or Kimmel on TV or Stern on radio. 

The problem with celebrities in general is that they schedule interviews for promotion. For example actors promoting a new movie or musicians promoting an album or tour. But then when celebrities get arrested over domestic violence or drugs or whatever. Then they hate the media because they report the incident. Celebrities are public figures. They don't get to choose what the media should or shouldn't talk about. Yes, unfortunately there is the National Enquire and the paparazzi. In that case celebrities can take legal action.

2 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Guy really must like the idea of getting bum raped

This is the second comment today I'm calling out in this thread for suggesting that someone is going to get raped in prison for leaking GNR music. You are absolutely delusional if you think anyone is going to prison over this. I know that for some people on this board, this band that hasn't put out a good album in decades is your entire life, but if you think they will get someone behind bars you have truly lost it. The most they could win is a monetary judgment against someone who will never be able to pay it. 

Your prison rape comments are not just uninformed, they are pathetic and sick. I would hope the mods intervene if someone else suggests another fan will be raped over leaked music. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, MidnightToker said:

Your prison rape comments are not just uninformed, they are pathetic and sick. I would hope the mods intervene if someone else suggests another fan will be raped over leaked music. 

Those comments are not meant to be taken literally, they are said in jest. Nobody really thinks anyone will go to jail and get raped. Feel free to use the 'Report Post' button if you see anything you feel is inappropriate.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Matty22 said:

It totally was not me. Ricky is a lizard person who believes birds are real..

Birds are totally unreal ew

• Haha 1

Im not sure that I understand Mr Dunsworths approach to this (speaking publicly and on 'the record'). I wish him well. Seems like he's going Snowden, but with the significant difference that he is - as far as I gather - in Country.

I hope his approach pays off!

43 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Rick posted today in GNR FB : "at least i'm not blocked on Facebook"..... and one user reply he : " RD yet...".

Ouch lol 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Super douche bag. I can’t believe Axl ever gave him an interview.