TMZ Runs Story About Leaks, GN'R Management Publicly Responds

38 minutes ago, SMG said:

This speaks volumes.

In fairness, in this case, the fans have nothing to do with the legal repercussions of the leaks (thank god). I don't really expect news from them on that front.

I only want them to tell us when we'll get new music 🙂

15 minutes ago, Lio said:

In fairness, in this case, the fans have nothing to do with the legal repercussions of the leaks (thank god). I don't really expect news from them on that front.

I only want them to tell us when we'll get new music 🙂

What legal repercussion does GN'R have to TMZ if they don't respond?

Also the management has Nightrain forums etc, points of contact.

So 'in fairness', Fernando is a fucking joke.

Edited by SMG

32 minutes ago, SMG said:

There is ZERO obligation to.

No one's saying that there is. Only that bands are quicker to respond to media than they are to fan communities (if they respond to the latter at all). Honestly, i think TB was right not to respond publicly to fan forums about the leaks. They naturally didn't want mainstream media picking up on them. I don't think they were right to ignore the copyright problems and then attack fans over it, however.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

No one's saying that there is. Only that bands are quicker to respond to media than they are to fan communities (if they respond to the latter at all). Honestly, i think TB was right not to respond publicly to fan forums about the leaks. They naturally didn't want mainstream media picking up on them. I don't think they were right to ignore the copyright problems and then attack fans over it, however.

Yeah fair

For what it's worth, I wasn't meaning TB coming here and commenting on leaks but rather clarify the mass YouTube take downs, fans being racially abused on their own forum along with management's juvenile comments on social media, saying that they are "fed up" with one particular fan, who has parted with tens of thousands of dollars travelling to watch this band among other things.

Del defending the YouTube takedowns then posting a bootleg video on his social media....

:lol:

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, Dean said:

For what it's worth, I wasn't meaning TB coming here and commenting on leaks but rather clarify the mass YouTube take downs, fans being racially abused on their own forum along with management's juvenile comments on social media, saying that they are "fed up" with one particular fan, who has parted with tens of thousands of dollars travelling to watch this band among other things.

Del defending the YouTube takedowns then posting a bootleg video on his social media....

:lol:

Del James what a fuckin' plum

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

How about doing both. They can issue a statement for the mainstream media and for fans in their official website and twitter account

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

Im really over this prick to be honest.

UMG could financially  squeeze rick in a legal setting and i doubt rick has the financial means with a wife and child to pursue any legal claims. Yet is on eddie trunk wanting his 5 mins of fame.

And prison showers aside, that's the important part here. His wife and kids will also suffer greatly from any financial punishment that may come his way. But he's shown that he's much more concerned with seeking attention and 5 minutes of fame, becoming just one of the many crazies in GNR land, than he is about the well being of his family. Which is pretty shitty tbh.

• Like 2

Funny how all these years Ax thinks of himself as this 'cool' rock star, who is untouchable and doesn't want to deal with the rest of the world, hence even give interviews...

yet, every news that comes out about GNR is kind of news that 90% of the 5 year olds wouldn't do or make them look adolescent compared to Ax/band/TB...who not.

on the side note...If CD is THE most productive Ax came up with '95-2008,  I couldn't care f...ing less about leaks/no leaks or any other material he came up with in that period.

That is like being a Pumpkins fan and wanting to hear unreleased Zwan stuff.

I made it through listening to that cd TWICE,  don't need anything else from that era that wasn't good enough to make it onto that cd.

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

If this band would just sell its music to its fans, all of this would go away in a heartbeat. 

But Team Brazil and certain fans will tell you that other GNR fans who want new music just have a sense of entitlement. They don't owe us anything. :shrugs:

Which, yes, that's true. Conversely, we don't owe the band anything either and if something leaks, I'm gonna listen to it. 

8 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

No one's saying that there is. Only that bands are quicker to respond to media than they are to fan communities (if they respond to the latter at all). Honestly, i think TB was right not to respond publicly to fan forums about the leaks. 

I agree in theory, but Beta is out there arguing with fans in comment threads on Instagram about Stephanie Seymour and Axl's relationship from decades ago. She was belittling another GNR fan on Instagram who has spend thousands of dollars, bought tons of merch (including Locked and Loaded box set at original price), and traveled all over the world to see GNR. Professionalism isn't something Beta or her kid are known for. I tried for years giving them the benefit of the doubt. Fuck that.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

on the side note...If CD is THE most productive Ax came up with '95-2008,  I couldn't care f...ing less about leaks/no leaks or any other material he came up with in that period.

This is a false though. Chinese Democracy wasn't a "best of." There were other A-list songs held off the record, partly due to what had leaked, and partly because they planned a follow-up record. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

This is a false though. Chinese Democracy wasn't a "best of." There were other A-list songs held off the record, partly due to what had leaked, and partly because they planned a follow-up record. 

I didnt believe this until this year. 

The leaks make me think I would have preferred a finished CD2 to CD. Its all killer hard rock

20 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

But Team Brazil and certain fans will tell you that other GNR fans who want new music just have a sense of entitlement. They don't owe us anything. :shrugs:

Which, yes, that's true. Conversely, we don't owe the band anything either and if something leaks, I'm gonna listen to it. 

Here's the thing with the whole "they don't owe us anything" argument: the fans aren't the ones who run around telling anyone who will listen how much awesome material there is that they plan to release someday. 

Axl, literally everyone who's ever been in GNR, every manager they've ever had, friends and anyone who's ever hung around the band has done that a lot over the years. Everyone is always going on about how much material there is, how awesome it is and how they're going to release it someday. 

So to me, the fans really can't be held responsible for claims that Axl and everyone else makes. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Here's the thing with the whole "they don't owe us anything" argument: the fans aren't the ones who run around telling anyone who will listen how much awesome material there is that they plan to release someday. 

Axl, literally everyone who's ever been in GNR, every manager they've ever had, friends and anyone who's ever hung around the band has done that a lot over the years. Everyone is always going on about how much material there is, how awesome it is and how they're going to release it someday. 

So to me, the fans really can't be held responsible for claims that Axl and everyone else makes. 

Except maybe Bucket and Paul. ;) But yeah, you're right. Plus if they had no intention of releasing anything because "they don't owe us anything", they wouldn't be so bothered by a bunch of 20yo demo's making it on to the internet.

I just can't get over how shit this band is compared to literally every other band I'm a fan of. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, username said:

Except maybe Bucket and Paul. ;) But yeah, you're right. Plus if they had no intention of releasing anything because "they don't owe us anything", they wouldn't be so bothered by a bunch of 20yo demo's making it on to the internet.

I just can't get over how shit this band is compared to literally every other band I'm a fan of. 

Well, they aren't a band really, are they? They don't write songs in a room together and jam out ideas. They probably haven't done that for 30 years. Even if someday we do get a new record, it'll probably be stuff written mostly by people who are no longer in the band, recorded seperately by the current lineup and patched together in the same Frankenstein-esque copy/paste manner of Chinese Democracy. There is no genuine band chemistry in Guns N Roses and there hasn't been since the late 80s in terms of creative output.

Guns N Roses 2001-2020 has been Axl's solo project. There is no democratic band scenario where everyone contributes and everyone has a say in what the band does. It's all about Axl Rose, and as it transpires, he really doesn't have a lot to offer by himself.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Well, they aren't a band really, are they? They don't write songs in a room together and jam out ideas. They probably haven't done that for 30 years. Even if someday we do get a new record, it'll probably be stuff written mostly by people who are no longer in the band, recorded seperately by the currently lineup and patched together in the same Frankenstein-esque copy/paste manner of Chinese Democracy. There is no genuine band chemistry in Guns N Roses and there hasn't been since the late 80s in terms of creative output.

Guns N Roses 2001-2020 has been Axl's solo project. There is no democratic band scenario where everyone contributes and everyone has a say in what the band does. It's all about Axl Rose, and as it transpires, he really doesn't have a lot to offer by himself.

All of this is painfully true. Depressing. 

• GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, username said:

All of this is painfully true. Depressing. 

I think Axl mistakenly thought that because he's irreplaceable as the singer/frontman, that made him qualified to be a band leader. If the last twenty years has taught us anything, it's that Axl Rose is not capable of being a band leader. He does not produce results. You can blame the label, Slash, the leaks, management etc but at the end of the day, Axl Rose has had twenty years to prove he was worthy of being trusted with the Guns N Roses name, and he managed one record. One album in twenty seven fucking years. With all his resources, money, opportunies and support, that is all he could come up. It's pathetic really. There are corpses who are more productive.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I think Axl mistakenly thought that because he's irreplaceable as the singer/frontman, that made him qualified to be a band leader. If the last twenty years has taught us anything, it's that Axl Rose is not capable of being a band leader. He does not produce results. You can blame the label, Slash, the leaks, management etc but at the end of the day, Axl Rose has had twenty years to prove he was worthy of being trusted with the Guns N Roses name, and he managed one record. One album in twenty seven fucking years. With all his resources, money, opportunies and support, that is all he could come up. It's pathetic really. There are corpses who are more productive.

To me it seems like 1997-2001 is the only time GnR really worked as a unit. A band going into the studio with a vision, a purpose, something to prove. That's also what makes Village so good. After that things fell apart. You can already see it with all the Brain re-recordings. After 2004 it was gone completely. In 2006 they came back very strong as a live act and were (imo) as good as GnR has been live after 1993. But the studio energy seems to have been gone already. 

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

Axl is a brand leader. Current Gn'R is certainly not the Gn'R who was responsible for AFD, Lies, and UYI. When Axl had less control, other band members had enough power and influence to get shit done like releasing UYI when he wanted more time to tinker with it. Now it seems like he pretty much calls all the shots.

I seriously doubt the approach for making a potential new album will consist of Axl being in the same room with the rest of the band. It's far more likely imo that the rest of the band will play on existing material and come up with new instrumentals that will be sent to Axl and he'll give his opinion on it, record his ideas alone and vice versa. Could still sound like Gn'R but not really a band process like you said. Still better than nothing if it happens.

Edited by Rovim
  • Thanks 1