GNRfanJen

TMZ Runs Story About Leaks, GN'R Management Publicly Responds

2 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Those comments are not meant to be taken literally, they are said in jest. Nobody really thinks anyone will go to jail and get raped. Feel free to use the 'Report Post' button if you see anything you feel is inappropriate.

Agree with MidnightToker here. Prison rape is somehow socially acceptable, when it’s actually a grotesque problem and fundamentally not funny. Perhaps the original post isn’t literal, but certainly is in poor taste (at a minimum)

On topic: glad the story of the leaks has finally gained some media attention. Hopefully it results in us learning something more about GNR’s album plans. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Blackstar said:

This is what "Fernando" had posted on reddit (the OP in the thread he replied to has since been deleted):

flebei10.jpg
flebei11.jpg

-------

PS: At the same time I'm posting about all this, I'm aware of how ridiculous it is that this b-spy movie like story has been taking place because of some songs that a small community of diehard fans only cares about.

Bring in Michael Scarn.... He’ll bust this wide open. 
This is the dude who named his kid Axl right??

Edited by Powderfinger

13 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

This is so maddening because on one hand, I get that a band would not want their unreleased songs out there for free.

On the other hand, they should really try to use this publicity to their advantage and release something - spin it into something good if it's really so bad.

If they professionally mixed these and made them digital downloads I would absolutely buy them again.

I would totally buy everything that's been leaked if officially released .. & finished! 

• Like 2

On 1/2/2020 at 9:20 PM, Dean said:

In under an hour TMZ heard back from a 'representative' from the band upon their article being published. Frustrating when we, the fans, are still left in limbo in regards to a series of events that have happened in the last 6 months. 

This speaks volumes.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SMG said:

This speaks volumes.

In fairness, in this case, the fans have nothing to do with the legal repercussions of the leaks (thank god). I don't really expect news from them on that front.

I only want them to tell us when we'll get new music 🙂

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Lio said:

In fairness, in this case, the fans have nothing to do with the legal repercussions of the leaks (thank god). I don't really expect news from them on that front.

I only want them to tell us when we'll get new music 🙂

What legal repercussion does GN'R have to TMZ if they don't respond?

Also the management has Nightrain forums etc, points of contact.

So 'in fairness', Fernando is a fucking joke.

Edited by SMG

1 minute ago, SMG said:

What legal repercussion does GN'R have to TMZ if they don't respond?

Nothing. I don't mean that. But bands/companies... are quicker to respond to a news outlet than to a fan forum.

9 minutes ago, Lio said:

Nothing. I don't mean that. But bands/companies... are quicker to respond to a news outlet than to a fan forum.

There is ZERO obligation to.

32 minutes ago, SMG said:

There is ZERO obligation to.

No one's saying that there is. Only that bands are quicker to respond to media than they are to fan communities (if they respond to the latter at all). Honestly, i think TB was right not to respond publicly to fan forums about the leaks. They naturally didn't want mainstream media picking up on them. I don't think they were right to ignore the copyright problems and then attack fans over it, however.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

No one's saying that there is. Only that bands are quicker to respond to media than they are to fan communities (if they respond to the latter at all). Honestly, i think TB was right not to respond publicly to fan forums about the leaks. They naturally didn't want mainstream media picking up on them. I don't think they were right to ignore the copyright problems and then attack fans over it, however.

Yeah fair

For what it's worth, I wasn't meaning TB coming here and commenting on leaks but rather clarify the mass YouTube take downs, fans being racially abused on their own forum along with management's juvenile comments on social media, saying that they are "fed up" with one particular fan, who has parted with tens of thousands of dollars travelling to watch this band among other things.

Del defending the YouTube takedowns then posting a bootleg video on his social media....

:lol:

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, Dean said:

For what it's worth, I wasn't meaning TB coming here and commenting on leaks but rather clarify the mass YouTube take downs, fans being racially abused on their own forum along with management's juvenile comments on social media, saying that they are "fed up" with one particular fan, who has parted with tens of thousands of dollars travelling to watch this band among other things.

Del defending the YouTube takedowns then posting a bootleg video on his social media....

:lol:

Del James what a fuckin' plum

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

How about doing both. They can issue a statement for the mainstream media and for fans in their official website and twitter account

10 hours ago, soon said:

Im not sure that I understand Mr Dunsworths approach to this (speaking publicly and on 'the record'). I wish him well. Seems like he's going Snowden, but with the significant difference that he is - as far as I gather - in Country.

I hope his approach pays off!

1 problem here Snowden was actually a likeable dude.

• Like 1

Im really over this prick to be honest.

UMG could financially  squeeze rick in a legal setting and i doubt rick has the financial means with a wife and child to pursue any legal claims. Yet is on eddie trunk wanting his 5 mins of fame.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

Im really over this prick to be honest.

UMG could financially  squeeze rick in a legal setting and i doubt rick has the financial means with a wife and child to pursue any legal claims. Yet is on eddie trunk wanting his 5 mins of fame.

And prison showers aside, that's the important part here. His wife and kids will also suffer greatly from any financial punishment that may come his way. But he's shown that he's much more concerned with seeking attention and 5 minutes of fame, becoming just one of the many crazies in GNR land, than he is about the well being of his family. Which is pretty shitty tbh.

• Like 3

Funny how all these years Ax thinks of himself as this 'cool' rock star, who is untouchable and doesn't want to deal with the rest of the world, hence even give interviews...

yet, every news that comes out about GNR is kind of news that 90% of the 5 year olds wouldn't do or make them look adolescent compared to Ax/band/TB...who not.

on the side note...If CD is THE most productive Ax came up with '95-2008,  I couldn't care f...ing less about leaks/no leaks or any other material he came up with in that period.

That is like being a Pumpkins fan and wanting to hear unreleased Zwan stuff.

I made it through listening to that cd TWICE,  don't need anything else from that era that wasn't good enough to make it onto that cd.

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

If this band would just sell its music to its fans, all of this would go away in a heartbeat. 

But Team Brazil and certain fans will tell you that other GNR fans who want new music just have a sense of entitlement. They don't owe us anything. :shrugs:

Which, yes, that's true. Conversely, we don't owe the band anything either and if something leaks, I'm gonna listen to it. 

8 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

No one's saying that there is. Only that bands are quicker to respond to media than they are to fan communities (if they respond to the latter at all). Honestly, i think TB was right not to respond publicly to fan forums about the leaks. 

I agree in theory, but Beta is out there arguing with fans in comment threads on Instagram about Stephanie Seymour and Axl's relationship from decades ago. She was belittling another GNR fan on Instagram who has spend thousands of dollars, bought tons of merch (including Locked and Loaded box set at original price), and traveled all over the world to see GNR. Professionalism isn't something Beta or her kid are known for. I tried for years giving them the benefit of the doubt. Fuck that.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

on the side note...If CD is THE most productive Ax came up with '95-2008,  I couldn't care f...ing less about leaks/no leaks or any other material he came up with in that period.

This is a false though. Chinese Democracy wasn't a "best of." There were other A-list songs held off the record, partly due to what had leaked, and partly because they planned a follow-up record. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

This is a false though. Chinese Democracy wasn't a "best of." There were other A-list songs held off the record, partly due to what had leaked, and partly because they planned a follow-up record. 

I didnt believe this until this year. 

The leaks make me think I would have preferred a finished CD2 to CD. Its all killer hard rock

20 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

But Team Brazil and certain fans will tell you that other GNR fans who want new music just have a sense of entitlement. They don't owe us anything. :shrugs:

Which, yes, that's true. Conversely, we don't owe the band anything either and if something leaks, I'm gonna listen to it. 

Here's the thing with the whole "they don't owe us anything" argument: the fans aren't the ones who run around telling anyone who will listen how much awesome material there is that they plan to release someday. 

Axl, literally everyone who's ever been in GNR, every manager they've ever had, friends and anyone who's ever hung around the band has done that a lot over the years. Everyone is always going on about how much material there is, how awesome it is and how they're going to release it someday. 

So to me, the fans really can't be held responsible for claims that Axl and everyone else makes. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1