Ticketmaster / LiveNation: Tickets are too cheap

username

1 hour ago, username said:

Yeah. It is. But at the end of the day, the only ones responsible for this are fans, who see nothing wrong with paying extortionate prices on the secondary market. If artists, Live Nation and Ticketmaster want to do something for the fans to cut out the scalpers, the only solution would be to personalize tickets, but obviously, they don't give a shit about fans and only care to line their pockets.

Most of the tickets I buy are over $100 especially if it's a big venue.

Ticketmaster and Live Nation have those huge charges that they add at the end of the purchase. That's almost the price of a ticket sometimes.

The bands that charge a lot of money are the bands that don't need that money, but they can charge it because they know fans will pay it.

The most money I've ever paid for a concert ticket was for GNR. Over $250 a piece.

Now bands have VIP tickets to meet them and it cost over $1000. I think that's taking advantage of their fans. These bands don't need that money. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Sticking to smaller or local shows and bands for the most part. Fine by me

Yea, the only big shows I've been to in the last few years are the NITL shows, and Black Sabbath in 2016 (though that ticket was a gift).

I've seen some of my favourite artists in small venues for less than $50. I'm seeing Sebastian Bach in March, and after taxes the ticket was $38 (about $29 USD).

Ticketmaster and Live Nation can fuck off.

I saw Rival Sons 5 times this year and I think it only ended up being like $175 total for all those gigs. Last big show I saw was the Jonas Brothers with my fiancé and they were nosebleeds that I paid more than I did for 5 Rival Sons shows. I had to not tell my fiancé how much they were or otherwise she would’ve told me not to get them. It’s just too much! 

On 1/3/2020 at 11:06 PM, PatrickS77 said:

Only works if you want to see those bands. I don't. Once the dinosaurs are gone, I'm done with concerts too.

I've seen some acts in smaller venues but even though those tickets are $35 with all the added fees it's still close to over $50 bucks. Then there's parking and eating or drinking or shirts. Either way we fans pay through the nose. lol

I still go to see bigger tours too, even with the crazy high prices.

On 3-1-2020 at 10:00 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Except the odd relapse, I gave up live concerts years ago and cannot say I really miss it. My bank balance is certainly grateful.

10 years ago I went to about 30 concerts a year. 2013 was the last year that I did over 10. But I'd still love it if the 4-8 that I do attend don't cost an unfair fortune. And sure, some idiots buy tickets at ridiculous prices through re-sale agencies that fuck people over. Some through ignorance and some because they have too much money. But it wouldn't make sense to think that everybody in a 25k arena would be willing and able to pay the same.