Have you actually spent much money directly on GnR the commercial entity?

All the albums, a few tshirts, the Singles VHS, 6 concert tickets (one golden circle, one with a meet and greet). I've spent a good chunk of change on them directly is the short answer... and to be fair besides the meet and greet package, I've always been happy with what I got in return.

Only bought the meet and greet because I had more money than sense, and it was 250 so it wasn't crazy money... all the same I wouldn't buy it again. The meet and greet is the greatest shame in  my gnr history🤣

Edited by Tom2112

17 hours ago, downliner said:

174?! :lol: That's awesome! Would love to see a pic if you still have them all and can fit them all in a single photo somehow lol.

Lol I still have them, I’ll see what I can do. Some are a size smaller than what I currently wear and are packed away, but if I get a chance, I’ll dig em out

• Like 1

Lies, afd, uyis, tsi, live era, gh, chinese. All this on compact disc.

The chinese (made in 2011) boxset with the discography + Tokyo 92 dvds. 

Las vegas 3D bluray.

LnL.

Afd Super Deluxe.

Live tickets to Santiago 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017, 2020.

Perú 2016.

3 year membership on nightrain.

Some tshirts.... the best i have is the 30th aniversary of gnr.... i won 1 from the nightrain perk n i bought 2 more on different color.

And A lot of posters when i was a kid...

All albums on CD (many used though so pretty cheap)

4 Shows total + T-shirts from 3 of those shows + NITLT program

Tokyo DVDs

Appetite (Original issue vinyl), Chinese Democracy on vinyl

All autobiographies that are out + that one GNR photo book by Robert John I don't remember the name of offhand

Welcome to The Videos (DVD)

Crybaby Slash signature wah pedal (if that counts lol)

Overall everything I have bought, I am glad I did.  However I feel content with not purchasing anything else really that is not a new album, new single, or if they really change up their live show and come to LA again with it

Probably a drop in the bucket (no pun intended) than everybody here. Bought AFD, Lies, and UYI 1 & 2 on cassette, then upgraded them to CD when I got a CD player. Maybe a T-shirt or two. Chinese Democracy on the first day of release. Finally I bought tickets to go see them at RFK Staduim in DC back in 1992 with Metallica & Faith No More.

I've spent a ton without regrets and will continue to.

I've been to a slew of shows on the NITL (festivals too) in all different cities.

I've been a Nightrain member in the past (twice, but not currently). I've purchased vinyls. I have the Locked and Loaded box set (for $350). I've bought glassware. Blu0-rays. GNR merch for my girl. I have a bunch of shirts. Lithos and concert tees too. They're my favorite band by far.

I listened to the Illusions and AfD cassettes when I was a kid, but they were my sister's. Same with Spaghetti Incident. I downloaded Live Era and I bought the Greatest Hits CD. I bought Chinese Democracy on CD and vinyl.

Edited by GnR Chris

7 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I've spent a ton without regrets and will continue to.

I've been to a slew of shows on the NITL (festivals too) in all different cities.

I've been a Nightrain member in the past (twice, but not currently). I've purchased vinyl. I have the Locked and Loaded box set (for $350). I've bought glassware. Blu0-rays. GNR merch for my girl. I have a bunch of shirts. Lithos and concert tees too. They're my favorite band by far.

I listened to the Illusions and AfD cassettes when I was a kid, but they were my sister's. Same with Spaghetti Incident. I downloaded Live Era and I bought the Greatest Hits CD. I bought Chinese Democracy on CD and vinyl.

Nightrain is the only thing I regret spending money on with GNR. 

I've enjoyed all of the shows I've seen. I really like the jerseys and shirts that I have. Of course I enjoy the albums I've purchased. 

Nightrain is the only money I've spent on GNR where I got absolutely nothing in return, so I do regret that. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Nightrain is the only thing I regret spending money on with GNR. 

I've enjoyed all of the shows I've seen. I really like the jerseys and shirts that I have. Of course I enjoy the albums I've purchased. 

Nightrain is the only money I've spent on GNR where I got absolutely nothing in return, so I do regret that. 

Actually, now that I think about it, I am a three-time Nightrain member. Because I purchased a membership for my gf in order to get in on presale for multiple shows when NITL was first announced. She also wanted the 20th anniversary shirt. But the GNR nightrain merch continues to be bigger and bigger garbage, and as they clearly state in the fine print, you aren't guaranteed shit with the presale code. And rarely do you even hit on pit tickets with it.

Nightrain is a fuckin' robbery. They let that dude from truth forum post all over and try to control it too like he works for them or something. Oh, and the merch takes forever. I had to issue a complaint through my credit card when I didn't get any of my merchandise going on a year.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

I have every album on multiple formats, probably 10~ t-shirts, 12 concert tickets between 2010-2017, lithographs from the 5 NITL shows I saw... some 'rare' stuff like Live Era on vinyl and the 'Red Hand' Chinese Democracy, and plenty of bootleg cd's and records.

I've given them way too much money honestly, but it's part of the reason I don't feel bad at all whenever anything leaks and I download it immediately.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

Probably a drop in the bucket (no pun intended) than everybody here. Bought AFD, Lies, and UYI 1 & 2 on cassette, then upgraded them to CD when I got a CD player. Maybe a T-shirt or two. Chinese Democracy on the first day of release. Finally I bought tickets to go see them at RFK Staduim in DC back in 1992 with Metallica & Faith No More.

What was the 92 concert like?.

10 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Actually, now that I think about it, I am a three-time Nightrain member. Because I purchased a membership for my gf in order to get in on presale for multiple shows when NITL was first announced. She also wanted the 20th anniversary shirt. But the GNR nightrain merch continues to be bigger and bigger garbage, and as they clearly state in the fine print, you aren't guaranteed shit with the presale code. And rarely do you even hit on pit tickets with it.

Nightrain is a fuckin' robbery. They let that dude from truth forum post all over and try to control it too like he works for them or something. Oh, and the merch takes forever. I had to issue a complaint through my credit card when I didn't get any of my merchandise going on a year.

You get a Nightrain Passport now. When it first came out they said you can get it stamped for perks. 18 months later and nothing has been mentioned again about any perks. It's only purpose seems to be you can wave it about at concerts - if that's your thing. 

13 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

What was the 92 concert like?.

Despite the temperature reaching 108 degrees and being stoned off of my ass, it was a great show, albeit long as fuck. Faith No More were doing these weird jams when they weren't playing their songs, which I liked. After Metallica got through their set, I felt drained. They crushed it big time. Guns set was really good but adding all of this extra hoopla with background singers, some bearded guy doing percussion or whatever the fuck he did, it was just so bloated of a production. That and the hour or two it took to put up and take down Metallica's and Guns custom sets was grueling. It wasn't necessary for either one. 

3 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

Despite the temperature reaching 108 degrees and being stoned off of my ass, it was a great show, albeit long as fuck. Faith No More were doing these weird jams when they weren't playing their songs, which I liked. After Metallica got through their set, I felt drained. They crushed it big time. Guns set was really good but adding all of this extra hoopla with background singers, some bearded guy doing percussion or whatever the fuck he did, it was just so bloated of a production. That and the hour or two it took to put up and take down Metallica's and Guns custom sets was grueling. It wasn't necessary for either one. 

That's totally how I felt when I saw them on that tour.  The only differences being Body Count opened and I wasn't stoned.😄

On 1/6/2020 at 5:40 PM, itsprettytiedup said:

For a 19 year old kid back in the moment, my trip to Las Vegas 2016 was/is the highlight of my life. I'm not event sure how much I spend that time but I regret nothing!

For sure. I was 17. The vibe waiting in that line was surreal. 

• Like 1