01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

26 minutes ago, Amaya said:

I am being optimistic RussTCB.   If Axl wants to embarrass himself, lol. Okeydokey. This is not going to be just his real fans. I was wrong about 49ers AND  GBPackers.  BOTH are NFC. I think 49ers and KCChiefs.  My NFC team did not make it far it the playoffs snd no way my team could have beat 49ers or GBay.  I still upset about last years playoffs 2018. 

Being optimistic is fine of course. I'm just going by history is all. 

Side note, please take the NFL talk to the NFL thread in the Anything Goes section. This thread doesn't really have anything to do with the playoffs or the game itself. 

• Like 2

It feels like the 31st is dragging ass to get here. We’ve known about this performance for awhile, and have been constantly speculating on what could or could not happen. I just want the damn thing to happen already so we can know where we’re headed for the rest of the year. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

It feels like the 31st is dragging ass to get here. We’ve known about this performance for awhile, and have been constantly speculating on what could or could not happen. I just want the damn thing to happen already so we can know where we’re headed for the rest of the year. 

Totally agree. Not sure why, but November & December flew by for me while January is taking for damn ever lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Being optimistic is fine of course. I'm just going by history is all. 

Side note, please take the NFL talk to the NFL thread in the Anything Goes section. This thread doesn't really have anything to do with the playoffs or the game itself. 

Why are you denying a Saints fan another chance to talk about the travesty that was the NOLA No Call?

I kid, obviously. All seriousness: I don't think Axl cares about a national audience. He'll put on an average-to-above average performance and Slash/nostalgia will carry the band to a solid showing. That has been par the course for GNR in the NITL tour, and there's no sense it'll stop anytime soon.

Edited by 3rd Wheel
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GNRfanJen said:

Think you're putting too much emphasis on one show tbh. Likelihood of Guns debuting new material on Jan 31st is minimal, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything for the rest of the year.

15 hours ago, RussTCB said:

For me, Bridge School is the absolute worst case scenario followed ever so closely by RIR 2011. 

Here's hoping whatever gets broadcast is a far cry from either. 

I was so embarrassed for Axl at the Bridge School. I had built up how awesome the concert was going to be to my wife, even though she didn’t consider it real Guns. We were both at the last concert they played in Oakland in 1993, 5 years before we met, so I was hoping this would have been a special night. At least it was memorable :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DTV88 said:

I was so embarrassed for Axl at the Bridge School. I had built up how awesome the concert was going to be to my wife, even though she didn’t consider it real Guns. We were both at the last concert they played in Oakland in 1993, 5 years before we met, so I was hoping this would have been a special night. At least it was memorable :lol:

We had friends over that night. We'd been playing cards, drinking and so on. We're all big Jack White fans, so we watched him tear shit up then I had everyone fairly hyped on watching GN'R after. Mistake :lol:

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

We had friends over that night. We'd been playing cards, drinking and so on. We're all big Jack White fans, so we watched him tear shit up then I had everyone fairly hyped on watching GN'R after. Mistake :lol:

Yeah, Jack White was a real highlight. I actually enjoyed most of the night, other than the shock and awe of the singer of my favorite band singing the wrong words and sounding like he was dying.

Neil Young and team have consistently done a great job at bringing in an eclectic mix of artists for this event. I remember being absolutely shocked when Guns were announced on the bill. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

Yeah, Jack White was a real highlight. I actually enjoyed most of the night, other than the shock and awe of the singer of my favorite band singing the wrong words and sounding like he was dying.

Neil Young and team have consistently done a great job at bringing in an eclectic mix of artists for this event. I remember being absolutely shocked when Guns were announced on the bill. 

Even crazier to me was when Metallica was on the bill in I think 2017. Had a friend who went to the show and said it was great.

I doubt this concert will be anything to go by for the rest of 2020 considering theres a hiatus after this show until the rest of the year’s shows happen plus it being shorter. I reckon this will be a plain 2019 show until the actual tour begins thats when i reckon the surprises will come out.

15 hours ago, DTV88 said:

I thought after RIR 2011 theres no way gnr could surpass that. Then  along came bridge school in 2012. Whenever i need cheering up i always watch WTTJ and when axl forgets the lines and  huffing and puffing the way he is, i cant help but laugh. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Where we're headed is the same setlist, then a whole load more speculation rumours until March! On the 31st the goalposts will just move! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Where we're headed is the same setlist, then a whole load more speculation rumours until March! On the 31st the goalposts will just move! 

Not for me. 

Everything is lined up (for any other band) for that Miami show to be the kick off if anything is happening this year. After that, it's just tour date after tour date from March on. 

For me, the weekend of the Super Bowl is the goal. If nothing happens then, I'm not hoping / expecting for anything else to happen in 2020 outside of the regular, tired ass tour. 

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Not for me. 

Everything is lined up (for any other band) for that Miami show to be the kick off if anything is happening this year. After that, it's just tour date after tour date from March on. 

For me, the weekend of the Super Bowl is the goal. If nothing happens then, I'm not hoping / expecting for anything else to happen in 2020 outside of the regular, tired ass tour. 

Pretty much this. If they'd squander this opportunity to shine a light on "something" new to differentiate this year from the previous 4, then there's really no reason to believe anything will be decidedly different come March.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Astonishing myself, I'm actually maintaining hope until March, and think this Miami show will see nothing change. I'll feel like you do now about the first date of the March tour I think. 

That’s how I’m  starting to feel. I’m still feeling optimistic just now but if nothing no new songs get played at this show then my optimism will start to drain. If there’s nothing new by the March shows then it’s going to be hard to be positive about it.