01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

5 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

biggest holy grail of gnr of all time is whatever was recorded with eazy e/nwa back in the days 

Do we know if axL recorded with them though

Could of just been the band or a different version of the song luv 4 dem gangstas that slash did with e.

I do remember the eazy e advertisement (in the cd album for 187um ep) for the str8 off the Streets upcoming lp had a song featuring guns n roses advertised. This song had been pulled when the LP actually was released after eazys death.

2 minutes ago, vloors said:

Do we know if axL recorded with them though

Could of just been the band or a different version of the song luv 4 dem gangstas that slash did with e.

I do remember the eazy e advertisement (in the cd album for 187um ep) for the str8 off the Streets upcoming lp had a song featuring guns n roses advertised. This song had been pulled when the LP actually was released after eazys death.

its one of the biggest mysteries out there, maybe its in the vault - however if i remember correctly they tried to do something and maybe axl wasn't able to meet up with eazy and just slash duff jammed with them once thats my guess, but in duff's book it said they all hung out and partied a couple times, maybe it was then or after they recorded something 

4 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

its one of the biggest mysteries out there, maybe its in the vault - however if i remember correctly they tried to do something and maybe axl wasn't able to meet up with eazy and just slash duff jammed with them once thats my guess, but in duff's book it said they all hung out and partied a couple times, maybe it was then or after they recorded something 

This is all I got for it, but so far I only include sources up to 1996. 

screen12.jpg

6 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

Off an old Axl chat

Q: Did you do a song with Eazy-E [late American rapper, producer, and record executive] in the early '90s. I read it somewhere. I think it would be pretty cool. Did you hang out with Eazy-E ever? What was a cool moment hanging out with N.W.A.?

Axl: He recorded with Slash and Duff. He really wanted to attack the media over attacking me for "One in a Million". There wasn't really any Easy on it. I wasn't there. He gave me the tape to consider. Sounded a bit like the other guys doing BODY COUNT. The idea was OK but the track wasn't really there and I felt it would get more heat than the track could stand up to. Only hung a couple times after a show with any of them. Was glad I got to meet Eazy.

Guess we can go back to the thread topic now lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, I'm gonna feel really dumb come Saturday morning for even hoping for something news lol

Is this concert Saturday morning? I looked it up and saw 8:00 PM somewhere, not sure if that was accurate.

It really is depressing how quickly all of our hope’s died within the last two weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Is this concert Saturday morning? I looked it up and saw 8:00 PM somewhere, not sure if that was accurate.

It really is depressing how quickly all of our hope’s died within the last two weeks.

You're right, show is at 8pm EST on Friday night. 

I have a concert to go to locally on Friday and I'm guessing I won't be on the forum much til Saturday morning due to that. 

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

If no single drops Friday (it won't) then don't even bother checking for setlist updates on Friday night.  Like Yoda said, "Only pain will you find..."

That too. Friday morning will probably tell me everything I need to know. 

19 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You're right, show is at 8pm EST on Friday night. 

I have a concert to go to locally on Friday and I'm guessing I won't be on the forum much til Saturday morning due to that. 

That too. Friday minting will probably tell me everything I need to know. 

Your concert will be more eventful and I doubt you're going to miss much on the forum. Hope it's a good time!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Your concert will be more eventful and I doubt you're going to miss much on the forum. Hope it's a good time!

I'm going to see a band I love called The Lone Bellow. They're always excellent live so I'm really looking forward to it :)

• GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, vloors said:

If they want to truly be a surprise they will perform the song live then drop the single immediately afterwards.

I doubt they would drop a single before the performance. The surprise elements gone.

They've put out 1 album in going on 30 years.  Any way they do it, new GNR music being released would be a big deal.  Don't really think there's a wrong way to drop the single.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, vloors said:

If they want to truly be a surprise they will perform the song live then drop the single immediately afterwards.

I doubt they would drop a single before the performance. The surprise elements gone.

New music is released on Fridays. The entire music industry isn't going to change their standard for GNR. The only way that would work is if they played the song on Friday night, then it was released the following Friday on streaming. 

Having said that, they'd get a whole hell of a lot lore buzz by releasing a single to streaming on Friday morning, then playing it that night as opposed to the 18k or so people in the venue being the only ones to hear it for a week. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

New music is released on Fridays. The entire music industry isn't going to change their standard for GNR. The only way that would work is if they played the song on Friday night, then it was released the following Friday on streaming. 

Having said that, they'd get a whole hell of a lot lore buzz by releasing a single to streaming on Friday morning, then playing it that night as opposed to the 18k or so people in the venue being the only ones to hear it for a week. 

Surely though this will get widespread media attention and hype if they did drop a new live song at the venue no matter the crowd attendance. These concerts are also being recorded for tv/media.

Its still mysterious what this upcoming tour is called. Fingers are tightly crossed for it supporting a album. We can only hope.

Side note I had no idea singles were always dropped on Fridays. Learn something new every day.

6 minutes ago, vloors said:

Side note I had no idea singles were always dropped on Fridays. Learn something new every day.

It was Tuesdays for the longest time but the standard for singles and albums got switched to Friday somewhere down the line. 

• Like 1