01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

22 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

100%. That was the consensus I received from all the friends I went with to the shows and posts from friends and acquaintances after the shows on facebook. It is really only here that I see any complaints about Slash. The guy is the fucking man.  The only one out on stage the entire set. 

I think that's more just dependent on who you ask. I went to Slane 2017 with a cousin who only knew the main GNR hits and he thought Slash's solo spots(he had a few that show from what I recall) were bad in comparison to Fortus'

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I have found every concert I've been to, without fail, has sounded better live than through a phone, especially when it's a full band and not an acoustic performance. So I'm not sure what your rant was about. The person was simply stating he is judging based on attending live, not listening through a cell phone. That's all some people around here do, apparently, is listen to livestreams and complain and say they won't spend their money.

I have heard experienced engineers talk about exactly what I said in my "rant" and say the exact same thing, so unless you can one up that, you know what to do! 

Obviously the sound isn't as good, that's next to impossible to capture but it is damn close to the sound that you're getting direct to your ears. It's going to be a little more tinny and maybe if there's hard panning you might hear more of one thing than an other if you're hard left or right but besides that the quality is amazing.... as can be seen from lots of fan cam projects. Maybe that doesn't fit your argument though?

Also, that person was arguing that you can't judge a vocal performance from a live video recorded from a phone. Yes, yes you can.

1 hour ago, hudsonsaul said:

Haven't listened and I don't think I need to for the comment I'm going to make.

What frustrates me further (aside from what lots of folk have mentioned in this thread) is from my understanding with vocal care, practice, training, and basic exercise you can rebuild you're voice for the most part. It's never going to be like what it was in ones youth, but can still be strong and powerful etc. I get the impression Axl doesn't do any of what I've listed as his voice is more often than not shockingly bad now (comparing him to himself).

If you're going to charge large amounts for tickets and continue pushing the NITL tour, at least keep you instrument and skills healthy out of respect for both yourself, bandmates and fans. For all the perfectionist comments associated with Axl of the decades, he seems far from it in a live setting, and lazy.

he should've  gotten a voice  lift back in november.

23 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

When axl is thinner, he is raspier. Probably the reason why Steven Tyler sounds amazing and Vince Neil doesn't.

He was heavier in 2016 than in 2018 and still had so much more rasp and sounded overall much better

1 minute ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Same exact thing with David Lee Roth also

LOL, I kid you not, I almost mentioned Dave too. You're totally right. 

Just now, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Just saw the proshot

People overblowing shit as usual. Axl looks better tbh

I couldn't care less how he looks, I care how he sounds. He sounds awful in that SCOM performance, which is unfortunate. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

LOL, I kid you not, I almost mentioned Dave too. You're totally right. 

I couldn't care less how he looks, I care how he sounds. He sounds awful in that SCOM performance, which is unfortunate. 

Sounds the same as he has on that song through the entire tour in my honest opinion 

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Thank you! People always talk about Vince like he used to sound good. Vince has never been a good singer. 

Hell of a lot better than he is now though! He was never great but used to be good enough to pull of a great live show.  I think he was best during the generation Swine tour when he had something to prove.  

Edited by Tom-Ass

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Right, which is terrible unfortunately. 

To me he has never sounded good on that song live. It's either too much rasp that makes it sound like he has someone shredding his vocal chords with  glass(89-93) or none at all. Nothing like the studio version which is like a pristine mid range with slight distortion  . Maybe they should have his vocal track added with like a slight overdrive on it (although that may make it sound worse)

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

He simply doesn’t have a voice to perform like the studio versions for a show let alone an entire tour anymore. This is and has been the reality for a while. 1st night of a return is also not the best way to judge where everything is....

That being said, it’s not due to a lack preparation. If he went out there cold without doing anything to prepare, he’d blow his voice out the 3rd week of a run and have to cancel a tour.

This is just where Axl is in his 50’s, having to sing with that style and more importantly using different registers. It ain’t AC/DC... If all he needed to do was sing Shadow every song, it would be much easier

• Like 1

Just now, jafeijo said:

Axl being awesome in ACDC has NOTHING to do with voice registers, it has to do with being an employee of Angus Young and being out of his comfort zone. A.k.a "something to prove"

Yeah I think Axl said one of the ACDC guys' wives made him ditch the sunglasses

• Like 1

Is there anyplace where we can see this footage? I have seen mobile footage of ISE and Brownstone and they sounded pretty good to me. RQ wasn’t too great but in-line with recent performances from the last few years. It is a pity that this song was chosen as he hasn’t sung it like the album for so long AND it’s well known it takes a few gigs to get going.

Not seen many comments from folk that were there - what was the overall gig like in terms of the band and Axl in particular?

9 minutes ago, jafeijo said:

I don't think so, it requires technique. Also Axl's posture was different, he had that visible fire. Anyway, just my opinion.

It requires technique, but it’s a one trick pony. Def harder to switch between registers and keep things even and on pitch. 

Again, if he weren’t preparing for a tour, he wouldn’t last more than a few shows before blowing his voice out