01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

7 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

I really hate self-titled records under any circumstance. Pretentious, self-important bollocks

Well, with Duff and Slash on board they won't call it Legend of the Red Panda or some bullshit :lol:

I just hope - if they ever release an album again - that it won't be some pretentious concept album, but a mostly straight up rock record.

Don't mind a ballad or two, maybe even three... but the rest should just rock and it should revisit the AFD sound.

But yeah, nothing will probably happen.

If we don't know anything by march, it's basically over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lethalis said:

Well, with Duff and Slash on board they won't call it Legend of the Red Panda or some bullshit :lol:

I just hope - if they ever release an album again - that it won't be some pretentious concept album, but a mostly straight up rock record.

Don't mind a ballad or two, maybe even three... but the rest should just rock and it should revisit the AFD sound.

Dont worry Appetite for Taco Bell will be released soon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lethalis said:

I never really understand why people throw this "pretentious" word around so much. Like who gets to decide what's pretentious? Why isn't straight up rock pretentious?  

Pretentious means that you're pretending to be something right? If these guys wrote an AFD-type album about sex, drugs and rock n roll, wouldn't that be pretty pretentious, since that's not the lifestyle they're living these days.

Don't get me wrong, I would love an album full of in your face rock songs and obviously they could do it without trying to replicate AFD. All I'm saying is that a concept album doesn't necessarily have to be pretentious, if it's something that they're truly inspired to write at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Joraz said:

I find it funny people saying “if there’s nothing by march its over” when literally people were saying that about October last year lmao

Not really, no. By then, some Slash’s interview had already been made where he said there would be just this short Fall run, and only after that they would start focusing on working on the record. So all we could have expected then was maybe some small playlist alteration.

Edited by jamillos

38 minutes ago, Joraz said:

I find it funny people saying “if there’s nothing by march its over” when literally people were saying that about October last year lmao

At most people were hoping they'd add a new song or two to the setlist, whereas this year has been billed as a "new era", so if that new era is just NITL part 2 but with a slightly different stage setup then it's not an unfair statement to envisage the band being completely finished as a creative entity. 

Realistically I'm not sure I've seen a tour promoted with this expectation of being "all new" since the start of Axl's incarnation of the band, so it seems like now (as in 2020) or never to me. 

Obviously I know nothing these are just my thoughts. 

11 hours ago, Joraz said:

Simple: they have done the same NITL tour around the world, twice.

If they tour the world again with no new music, then it just isn't a priority to them at all. At the very least, they should debute a couple of new songs. Release a single or whatever.

Without anything new in all these years, it just has become a nostalgia act and money grab thing.

So yes... the next concert and march will finally determine how I look at this band. They will either get my hopes up, or will finally make me realize not to expect anything new and just see GnR for what they are / seem to be.

They have not toured the world twice, some countries yes, others once or not at all.

Without anything new in all these years, it just has become a nostalgia act and money grab thing.

All artists make their money touring in today's music industry. 

Simply going were the money is based on supply and demand is not money grabbing. 

Apart from us fans, that make up a small minority on the expectations of new music or an album, the band don't need either, as the majority don't care. 

Thats the thing people need to understand and put into perspective. 

The world is not concerned about a new Guns N Roses album. 

The band sells out live shows with a large majority being causal fans, not us hard core fans who make up a percentage of the audience. 

To the majority, the rock music genre is dead and buried, with EDM, pop or any other music genre being the most popular amongst the majority. 

The music industry today, is not what it was in the past. 

If the majority wanted or demanded a new GNR album, than we would have one already, based on supply and damand. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

They have not toured the world twice, some countries yes, others once or not at all.

Simply going were the money is based on supply and demand is not money grabbing. 

Apart from us fans, that make up a small minority on the expectations of new music or an album, the band don't need either, as the majority don't care. 

The band sells out live shows with a large majority being causal fans, not us hard core fans who make up a percentage of the audience. 

To the majority, the rock music genre is dead and buried, with EDM, pop or any other music genre being the most popular amongst the majority. 

If the majority wanted or demanded a new GNR album, than we would have one already, based on supply and damand. 

I partially agree, partially disagree. 

- Folks here on the forum seem to generally think that the fans basically consist of just this trundling mass of these "casuals" and then a negligible gang of diehards. Which is true to a degree, but I’d say the general composition is a bit more varied than that. You can even see it at the gigs. Like AC/DC, like Metallica and others, GN’R too continue gaining new (generations of) fans over the time. Sure, old seniors attending concerts may not be interested in new albums or even Chinese Democracy, all they wanna see may be Slash standing next to Axl while playing the greatest hits; but that doesn’t mean the only people truly caring about potential new music are just us forum geeks. 
And considering the kind of work beast Slash is, these guys want to see results behind them, which includes GN’R. They didn’t bury hatchets to become a nostalgia act forever. 

- "The world is not concerned about a new Guns N Roses album."
The world is concerned about a new Guns record the same way any world is about any other legendary band’s record, only perhaps slightly more, given the history etc. It’s not an insignificant thing, and the guys – once again after all the years – have something to "prove", although of course not the same way as those 30 years ago. 

- "If the majority wanted or demanded a new GNR album, than we would have one already, based on supply and damand."
Nope, they wanted to do the reunion and tour the world first (and yeah, milk it quite too much, starting 2018). Axl is the last person who would abide by someone’s demand, which we already ought to know by now. I believe it will come when the time comes. Don’t forget that even though there are huge money (and money people) behind them, they’re still professional musicians and artists, who (hopefully) want the world to see whatever new they’ve created. 

7 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Then why are most other rock bands still releasing music?

Even friggin' Ozzy Osbourne is still releasing music and people love it. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Sounds to much like an Aerosmith album title to me.

I couldn't give a bollocks about Aerosmith. Do you get the point of the title in relation to Axl and the fans', public's, journalist's etc perceptions and opinions of him in general. Originally it was probably meant to be for CD2 and worked more specifically in the context with regard to Chinese and the new band but can still work now. 

11 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Nah! you're wrong. There is a lot of interest in and out of the forums for a new record. Are people banging on the door saying "release something now!!!" nope, but there is 100% a big interest in what GNR are going to release. 

If there wasn't an interest, when Richard Fortus does an interview, vaguely talking about wanting and hoping to make music... it wouldn't be picked up all over the world on music sites. It's not quite the levels of whoever is the biggest pop stars latest release, but I almost guarantee when it comes out there will be a great interest.

GNR do NOT care about supply and demand. The only time that comes into play is for live concerts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Nah! you're wrong. There is a lot of interest in and out of the forums for a new record. Are people banging on the door saying "release something now!!!" nope, but there is 100% a big interest in what GNR are going to release. 

If there wasn't an interest, when Richard Fortus does an interview, vaguely talking about wanting and hoping to make music... it wouldn't be picked up all over the world on music sites. It's not quite the levels of whoever is the biggest pop stars latest release, but I almost guarantee when it comes out there will be a great interest.

GNR do NOT care about supply and demand. The only time that comes into play is for live concerts.

You're a bit out of touch.....sure, GnR fans, especially those on boards like this are interested in a new release.  But, no one outside of that is more than remotely interested and there's a million reasons for that.

• Like 1