01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

Listening to bits and pieces of the show and Slither is so strange, Axl like slips in and out of this really powerful voice in the second chorus, if he could pull that off for more then a second at a time it would kick ass

3 hours ago, Creed said:

The Kobe Tribute thing was a bit odd...we all know Axl was an Iverson fan.

Your anger is a bit over the top. But there is absolutely no excuse that they didnt play The Seeker and Wichita Lineman...there is no excuse.

And yet they sold Laker colored basketball jerseys back in 02 with Kobe's number 8 and the name Rose on the back.......  Do some homework please

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, SMG said:

This place is TOXIC AS FUCK RIGHT NOW.

And that's coming from a toxic motherfucker

14 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I am as outspoken as anyone but this place is definitely getting old

I honestly hear where both of you are coming from. I'm honestly not sure what to do about it though. I've always said this is the site that allows all opinions and I can't see changing that now just because the overall tone has shifted. 

I'm as guilty as anyone of a LOT of negativity as of late, but I really don't know what to do about that. Personally, I have a long track record (nearly 20 years) of defending so many things that Axl & GN'R have done. Anything that's come out of my mouth, no matter how unpopular, has been true. Every time I've defended the band, I've meant it from my heart. 

There just hasn't been much for me to defend over the past couple of years though and it's not just the shows themselves that I've been disappointed with. I can't speak about the quality of last night's show. I clicked on an fb link at some point, saw the curved screen, heard about 5 seconds of Estranged and clicked off. So I can't say anything about the show itself, really.

Again though, I can totally understand how & why many others are being negative. I think GNR fans as a whole are just leaning hard one way right now and I can't be in favor of censoring that. It would take such little effort on the part of the band to turn it around, but they just refuse to do the smallest thing that would make their hard cores fans happy. 

I'm only saying this because for better or worse, I often end up being the face of the forum so to speak. So I thought it would be a good idea if I threw my thoughts out there on the current situation. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

21 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I watched it up to Rocket Queen and enjoyed it.  Might be time to stop following the threads on this site. The band isn't perfect but it was a good show.. This was more like a one off show warm up show and was better than others like it in the past.  The tour isn't even for another month on a half.  They changed the order around a bit.. The dropped a couple covers. They added the slow version of You're Crazy for the first time in 27 years and did a damn fine job with it.  The last handful of shows played before this they brought in Locomotive and Dead Horse. Most of their peer hard rock bands don't change one song for a whole tour. 

It is what it is at this point.. Take it or leave it because it isn't going to last forever.  These threads are like a morgue but I can tell you while watching it real time all you see is a constant stream of Facebook Hearts being clicked the entire stream.

Better was the only song played all night that I don't care for.  Looking at that setlist, I would have had a blast the whole night. I love those songs..

I am as outspoken as anyone but this place is definitely getting old

It's unusual to see someone who likes Chinese Democracy (the song) but hates Better. Usually when it comes to people who dislike Nu Guns Better is one of the few tracks they like and CD one of the ones they always hate.

24 minutes ago, SMG said:

This place is TOXIC AS FUCK RIGHT NOW.

You know what happens when you treat your fanbase like dogshit year after year?

YOU GET WHAT YOU FUCKIN DESERVE!!!

And this is coming from someone who believes that the band owes us nothing. At the same time we don't owe the band anything either. So go ahead and rip this band to pieces. You don't have to pretend like you enjoy what they're offering.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

It's unusual to see someone who likes Chinese Democracy (the song) but hates Better. Usually when it comes to people who dislike Nu Guns Better is one of the few tracks they like and CD one of the ones they always hate.

Better literally makes the cringe. Those opening verses are among the most unlistenable things I have ever heard in music. I can't even get past them and Axl sounds so weird.. I have liked the song CD since they played it at that first Rock In RIO.. I wouldn't say I love it.. I don't care so much for the studio version but I don't mind it live. 

Its time to get over this. We can pretend GnR do the magic they have in the 90's.... or a Axl 06 or 2010.

The thing is.... just eat your shit with your mouth shut.

Time to grown up. Just wait the releasing shows from UYI tour in 2035.

I know its almost unpresentable the way he sings some songs or the way they are still doing the NITL tour. But you know... we are just the 1% of the fan base that go to the shows.

We are nothing. Eat your shit.

Im eating it.

Adding: Just a prayer now: Please dont do this on Lolla Chile. Please dont fuck me in the ass.

Edited by axlvai
Addin

i really hope the band isint reading this forum.

If i would be Axl, or even 4tus and reading this shit, id be mentally destroyed by the hate.

Its fair to hope for a new album, but criticising every rough note, hair, weight, the setlist ect is too much.

Edited by rebeldhipi
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Nothing you can do about it.. The people that are constantly saying the band is over and done or is dead to them should just leave. Like I have said, I don't like everything about the band. I still don't like some of the members but it has been 4 years.. I am not going to bitch about it everyday.  I try and find the positives to balance it off because life is short and this could all be over tomorrow. 

Like I said last post, they switched up the order a bit, they dropped a few covers, they added they haven't played in almost 30 years, The last handful of shows they played before this the added Dead Horse and Locomotive which was cool as fuck. If you look at the setlist subjectively they make subtle changes along the way..  Staples Like OTGM, Michelle, BHS, WL have been rested. They throw in Yesterday's, UTLH and stuff here and there. They tried almost every damn song off CD. They even tried a fucking James Brown song.  There was never a time in their career that they changed the sets up any more than they do now.  That is folklore. 

I haven't seen them so SOYL, Slither, Locomotive, Dead Horse or You're Crazy and I have seen them 3 times since the reunion.  I would love for them to come my way again. It has been a couple years. 

As someone said, they still play about 25 songs and play for over 3 hours. Aerosmith plays 15 songs.. They could do that and play a different setlist every night for sure. 

Cold they switch up the opener? That would be cool but everyone in the crowd always seems to go nuts for it night show after show..

They did actually used to change the set up...at least not open with the same song every night. Go back and look at the old setlist from the uyi tour.  It was not cookie cutter every night.

2 minutes ago, sibidy7 said:

They did actually used to change the set up...at least not open with the same song every night. Go back and look at the old setlist from the uyi tour.  It was not cookie cutter every night.

To be fair only a few bands do that now. Most major productions are mainly the same set every night

• Like 1

I’ve been a fan since AFD came out.  I won’t bore you with my “true fan credentials.” They do what they do because their audience loves it.  It shows in ticket sales.  
Yes, they are older and different from being misfits in their 20s.  Yes, we may never see a new album.  They won’t just put a weak product out there.

i was excited to read how last night was.  Video clips, interesting observations, etc.  but the complaining and complaining about complaining is insane.  It’s repetitive and boring.  We might as well have a checklist where you can vote on your complaint.  I can no longer weed through 50 pages of repetitive complaints and debates.  

it’s like complaining about the color of the sky.  It won’t change.  Accept it and move on.  This doesn’t have to be like the other guy’s cheerleading site.  But ask yourself if you’re really contributing to a productive, interesting discussion.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I appreciate your opinion, but it has been said numerous times over the last 4 years. It's time to stop apologising for this band's laziness. 

The band is here to make money period.  Just like anyone who gets up every day to go to their job.  If they’re lazy, it’s certainly not affecting ticket sales, so why would they care?   

16 minutes ago, rebeldhipi said:

i really hope the band isint reading this forum.

If i would be Axl, or even 4tus and reading this shit, id be mentally destroyed by the hate.

Its fair to hope for a new album, but criticising every rough note, hair, weight, the setlist ect is too much.

Don’t go to gnfnr forum