01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

1 hour ago, kiwiguns said:

Don't know why some beat themselves up so much, as the way i see it, its all self-inflicted. 

Until some understand and accept that they as fans cannot control what the band does or the fact Axl at 57 years of age cannot reach the level of expectations some of you have. 

Like all people as they reach their 50's, it does not matter how much effort goes into preparing your body, that body can only do so much, the older you get. 

You cannot compare Axl to others, as we are all different in terms of our make up, genetics and individual circumstances. 

What works for some, won't work for Axl.

Axl Rose is not a superhero from a Marvel movie, he is a normal person like you and i, he will get older, and won't return to the Axl Rose seen in the past when much younger, both in a physical form or via his vocals. 

It is what it is. 

I totally get that, understand that and accept that he is not the same or quite as good as 30 years ago.  I saw three NITLT shows between 2016 and 2017, he was amazing.  What chaps my ass is that he and this band have literally pissed away 30 years their career. One album in 30 years is ridiculous.  He really can’t keep this up much longer as his style of singing is way more demanding than most bands.  He cannot and will not sound good into his 60’s and 70’s.  If they don’t release an album soon it will be too late

Edited by yourcrazy
Soelling
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Axl Rose is not a superhero from a Marvel movie, he is a normal person like you and i, he will get older, and won't return to the Axl Rose seen in the past when much younger, both in a physical form or via his vocals. 

Robert Plant - Age 57 (2005)Paul Rodgers - Age 57 (2005)
Brian Johnson - Age 57 (2004)

Mick Jagger - Age 57 (1999)

Edited by Powerage5
Media from unofficial channels.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheHelgo said:

Equally tired is all the bitching about setlist, weight, hair, etc. Nobody is forcing anyone to go, or even pay attention. So many people complain and say ‘I’m done with this shit’, only to be back next show with the same tired complaints

Nothing about your reply has anything to do with my post. 

48 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Different voices, different styles, different techniques

However one thing in common between all of those videos - they know how to use their vocals and adjust accordingly.  And each of those singers at that age onwards still, are very consistent

With Axl, he has occasional years of vocal brilliance (2006, 2010, 2016), followed by years of "meh".  And unfortunately the "meh" years span longer amounts of time - I honestly thought in 2016 it was going to be a new era for Axl and he finally figured out how to bring the rasp back into the mix consistently.  He sounded great in 2016, but man it has definitely been a decline in the years since

43 minutes ago, Tyler Drama said:

They played November Rain.

I stand corrected.  Looking at the song lists, I cannot go to,  didn't they miss one or two big hits.                                               ItsSo Easy. They played that song. Duff is very hypocritical  PC now by pretending their past never was.  NOTE.  I did not not say they should not have grown up . That song is rough and personally, I NEVER liked it from day one decades ago. My question. Do they change the words?  

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Drakestar said:

All these people here and only two club members.

D2EFFA88-1EA1-45E6-BB70-18F2051DCBA6.thumb.png.858c78b2b208f9d6fd1f2c2aebd87432.png

Three! But most of this thread seems to be people that weren't at the show complaining about the setlist and how Axl sounds. While the people that were there who post, seemed to like it. Of course I could be wrong,I don't think I've read all fifty plus pages.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lio said:

I think they put on a pro show. That's my opinion, you can have yours.

All the drama with people being done with the band for the umpteenth time :rolleyes:(not saying you said that, I don't know if you did)

It's not about lowering my bar. I will follow GNR and the forum as long as I enjoy it. I would love new music, but I don't see the point in endlessly repeating the same complaints at every opportunity. (Even if they are legit.)

I think 5 members of gnr put on a pro show, and they prop up Axl. That's not even opinion, it's just plain and simple the way it is. Listen to welcome to the jungle again from last night, besides the final chorus, does that sound good to you? The man cannot sing any one of his biggest hits. The best of the hits vocally is Paradise city and most people hate how he sounds on that song now.

Having said that, if you enjoy it! Fire away! My own preference is Axl singing well.

Not surprised they didn't drop some new material. Is it not best to drop that on an actual GNR gig and not a festival? Axl look's to be in better shape than the 2-3 previous legs. I hope he can keep that off & stay motivated come to the next gigs that are quite far spread out.