01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

20 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I am a new fan based on a friends 87-93 recordings, the current situation is just so sad.  Surely Duff and Slash and everyone else involved can hear the deterioration in Axl's voice, why on earth does nobody say anything...it makes me wonder at Axl's mental health.

I mean what are you going to do? As much as people give Axl shit on here he is trying to sound as good as he can, this is just the current state of his voice. And if people keep paying to go see them there's no reason for Slash and Duff to take issue with it. 

25 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I am a new fan based on a friends 87-93 recordings, the current situation is just so sad.  Surely Duff and Slash and everyone else involved can hear the deterioration in Axl's voice, why on earth does nobody say anything...it makes me wonder at Axl's mental health.

Explain to me what his mental health has to do with his voice? 

Edited by Georgina Arriaga

33 minutes ago, HuskerTornado said:

Axl has sounded much worse than this before...it isn't really bad.  The sound itself sounded off for the first half, tonally sounded really weird.

Twitter is a cesspool of negativity and unfunny try hards.  So when it comes to stuff like this, there won't be any positivity.  

Agreed. Plus if you're just streaming on a fuzzy fan cam audio you really won't see much quality on his performance. It's different when you actually watch live, you'll feel Axl's energy and he'll keep you enthusiastic all show long. 

I know I get to be a fuckhead from Iowa sometimes. But when you watch the actual show live, it's fucking mental. 

Axl's sounded worse, but still I wouldn't show anyone live videos to promote this band. Axl is still a great singer compared to most. The problem is that he will forever be compared to his young self and that's why people are going to say he sucks now. So promoting the band with live performances is a bad idea. Live videos will always be full of negativity.

One thing that the band is most likely still good at is creating new music. So do that instead! Release new music. That way you'll get new fans and they want to come see you live even if Axl doesn't sound like he used to. New music is the way promote this band. Not live performances. 

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think he gives a sht or wouldn't do it at all. He puts in effort while on stage but doesn't seem to put in all the other work needed give the best performance possible. Is what it is at this point. Better than nothing.

I agree. We know he does have a vocal coach but he doesnt rehearse with the band before a tour starts. Maybe because he feels he doesnt want to strain to much and conserve the vocal energy for the shows. But i wpuld have thought vocal chords are like muscles the more you work on themthe stronger they become...to a point. Im sure the extra weight hes carrying cant be helping his diaphram technique, and yes im aware of opera singers that are of a heavy upper build that have excellent diaphram and vocal control.

I think he does care about the type of performance to put on, but the higher registers arnt there anymore, you can tell his face almost explodes trying to get more out but kind of looks like daffy duck where no more power comes out. Maybe the acdc stint has fucked his vocals. I think 2 things he has to do,

Lose the upper to mid weight.

Start introducing more lower register songs into the list. The lower stuff seems to be his strengths

We arnt at bon jovi/paul stanley lip syching yet....i dont know what else he can do at this point. His vocals in 2010 from others that saw the band were good, so what has changed?. Maybe its his pride not wanting to admit the upper register songs he cannot maintain consistantly.

Edited by Sydney Fan

When Axl spoke about Kobe before Heaven's door, he said something about leaving rehearsal, so he was rehearsing before the Miami show, maybe just maybe, they are working on new songs for the upcoming tour and didn't feel ready to do it in Miami? Fingers crossed 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Axl's sounded worse, but still I wouldn't show anyone live videos to promote this band. Axl is still a great singer compared to most. The problem is that he will forever be compared to his young self and that's why people are going to say he sucks now. So promoting the band with live performances is a bad idea. Live videos will always be full of negativity.

One thing that the band is most likely still good at is creating new music. So do that instead! Release new music. That way you'll get new fans and they want to come see you live even if Axl doesn't sound like he used to. New music is the way promote this band. Not live performances. 

They could promote themselves with some 2016 footage. In fact, they should have released a DVD by now. Troubadour or whatever. Instead of the touring. 

7 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Does JBJ lip-synch now?

Not from videos ive seen. But in the "bon jovi disaster thread" the vocals dont seem to excite fans. The lip synching i was probably directing  that to Paul stanley.

Edited by Sydney Fan

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

It's cool that they did You're Crazy but it's pretty clear that Axl didn't rehearse at all. Otherwise it's just another regular show. Good that they dropped the other covers but I wouldn't be surprised if some of them return later. I caught the highlights on tv and of course the only person on stage there who is worth the price of admission is Slash. Would've been nice to see a song that wasn't SCOM but at least we get GnR on network tv. 

Honestly I'm just waiting around until they get SMKC going again. It won't be this year but possibly next. I would like a nice long tour though, not the shorter one they did for LTD.

I go to GNR shows to see Slash, Duff and Fortus as much as to see Axl. 

If there's no new GNR music then bring on SMKC. Such a great band. I'm in for a longer tour next time and they'll definitely have new music. I'd have more of Duff and The Shooter band too

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Caedo said:

Axl's definitely dropped a few kg's since November looking at the proshot.

Also, the upload time filter on Youtube is your friend...

He looks the same or thinner than in DL18 proshot, and he was much bigger in 2019 than in 2018. So yeah he definitely lost some weight