01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

16 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Or AC/DCs vocal style is basically scream singing?

Not that much difference between a song like Welcome to the jungle and AC/DC in terms of vocals. A bit more grit, but the technique is similar. The major difference is the give a fuck / Doubt they'll notice meters.

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

I know this has been done to death on here but I don't think he's that out of shape. I'm considerably younger than him and I couldn't put on that show - I'd be laid on the floor gasping for breath after 20 minutes. Vocal issues aside it's 2-3 hours of aerobic-ish exercise. Maybe there are specific exercises someone can focus on as a man in their late fifties in order to lose the belly but his general fitness can't be that bad otherwise he'd literally collapse. I think his short stature combined with an odd upper body posture (which he's always had) unfortunately makes him look worse that he is. He should probably do Pilates.

And that's my fill of cringe worthy discussion regarding a complete stranger's body for 2020. :facepalm::lol:

Body wise, who cares, same goes for hair or cosmetic surgery talk:D Vocally out of shape discussion is fair game. 

I will say, if it was your job and you were known to run around for 3hrs I think you would put in the work... For all I know you're a singer too, but I doubt you have to traverse stadium size stages

8 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I know this has been done to death on here but I don't think he's that out of shape. I'm considerably younger than him and I couldn't put on that show - I'd be laid on the floor gasping for breath after 20 minutes. Vocal issues aside it's 2-3 hours of aerobic-ish exercise. Maybe there are specific exercises someone can focus on as a man in their late fifties in order to lose the belly but his general fitness can't be that bad otherwise he'd literally collapse. I think his short stature combined with an odd upper body posture (which he's always had) unfortunately makes him look worse that he is. He should probably do Pilates.

And that's my fill of cringe worthy discussion regarding a complete stranger's body for 2020. :facepalm::lol:

You can be overweight and in terrific shape at the same time. I work out all the time and actually look fit (I mostly weightlift,) but I cant do what Axl does night after night, its crazy!

I do wish he looked fit on stage though, helps give him a more charisma than a distraction. Although he wasnt known as a "fitness model" when I was young kid back in the early 90's illusion era, watching him motivated me to work out hard and lose weight.

Ill take his old voice over the way he looks any day though.

Edited by ax1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

Body wise, who cares, same goes for hair or cosmetic surgery talk:D Vocally out of shape discussion is fair game. 

I will say, if it was your job and you were known to run around for 3hrs I think you would put in the work... For all I know you're a singer too, but I doubt you have to traverse stadium size stages

If you ever have the misfortune to hear me sing you'll truly know what bad singing is! :P Stadiums would pay me millions to stay away.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

"Not judging from some youtube videos" has to be stupidest thing anyone can say in defence of a live band.

Phones pick up what you are hearing, so if it sounds good to you there it should also sound good on the phone recording. Phones don't have a filter that somehow sucjs power from certain singers voices. The problem you're probably running Into is that you were probably singing along when you saw the concert in person... thus Axl sounded better as you filled in the spaces. He hits the notes, but upon closer inspection it's not so good. 

If you were arguing that mix was good and the phone didn't do it justice, that could be a fair point... but considering the quality of recordings that phones take now it still doesn't hold much water.

When I heard Sweet Child O' Mine in Berlin... I thought it sounds absoluty shit.. When I heard Sweet Child O' Mine in Leipzig... I thought "hey it's sounds pretty good, better than Berlin". Both witness from FOS 1.  What is your problem?

I just don’t understand why Axl would have them use a relatively bad performance when they could have picked many other songs that sounded better vocally. And if a song will be used on a tv telecast, bring it that performance. I believe he could bring it at anytime but not for 3 hours straight at shows. As far as those of you that say he should retire, you should retire as a fan of the band. I am enjoying every minute.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

When I heard Sweet Child O' Mine in Berlin... I thought it sounds absoluty shit.. When I heard Sweet Child O' Mine in Leipzig... I thought "hey it's sounds pretty good, better than Berlin". Both witness from FOS 1.  What is your problem?

Yea I've had this experience too - in Vancouver 2017 SCOM was pretty rough (although that stadium has notoriously bad sound) and at the next show at the Gorge I thought it was definitely better. I was in basically the same spot at both shows, front row. It wasn't necessarily a great performance of SCOM at the Gorge either, just noticeably better than Vancouver.

I was hesitant to watch after reading the comments but I finally gave in and watched the video. It wasn't the best performance but it was no where near as bad as what it is being made out to be and doesn't sound much difference than other performances since the tour started. The crowd was really into it and seemed to love it live. This will not hurt them in anyway. If they can sellout stadiums after the way Axl sounded in Rio in 2011, nothing will stop them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DK6 said:

Pardon???:blink:

This is absolutely the case.Do you follow boxing or have you ever boxed? A 3 minute round for someone out of shape seems like a death sentence. Check out a fighter named Andy Ruiz, he doesn't appear to be in shape, but he wouldn't be going 12 rounds if he wasn't.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ironmt said:

This is absolutely the case.Do you follow boxing or have you ever boxed? A 3 minute round for someone out of shape seems like a death sentence. Check out a fighter named Andy Ruiz, he doesn't appear to be in shape, but he wouldn't be going 12 rounds if he wasn't.

He wouldn't be going 12 rounds if his opponent wasn't terrified to lose his entire career to a big, fat journeyman fucking puddin who still hadn't sobered up from the first fight. Ruiz went 12 rounds because Joshua was playing it safe and no other reason.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

He wouldn't be going 12 rounds if his opponent wasn't terrified to lose his entire career to a big, fat journeyman fucking puddin who still hadn't sobered up from the first fight. Ruiz went 12 rounds because Joshua was playing it safe and no other reason.

Maybe you need to watch more than just the Joshua fight. Let me guess, you never heard of Ruiz before he fought Joshua. If you would have you wouldn't be making stupid comments like the one above.

Edited by ironmt

Just now, ironmt said:

Maybe you need to watch more than just the Joshua fight.

Why? Did he pack on 50 pounds before every other fight prior to that to? If I go back a couple of years can I see him as a featherweight? 

Just saw footage of Your Crazy - very good. Vocally good too. It’s just a damned shame that GNR’s biggest songs are technically too demanding these days whereas there are plenty other tunes which would suit Axl better.

Edited by DTJ80

13 hours ago, WildStar said:

I go to GNR shows to see Slash, Duff and Fortus as much as to see Axl. 

If there's no new GNR music then bring on SMKC. Such a great band. I'm in for a longer tour next time and they'll definitely have new music. I'd have more of Duff and The Shooter band too

I wasn't big into Duff and the Shooter Jennings band but SMKC is my favorite so I would love to see more of that.

4 hours ago, FrenchGNRfan said:

Stop wasting your time talking about Axl's voice 

People come to the show to see Slash

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

That is why I go. To see Slash and Duff play the Guns classics. I haven't been a fan of Axl in 20 years and he hasn't done anything during the reunion to win me back over.  It is icing on the cake when he does sound good. Unfortunately aside from a handful of exceptions he can't consistently sound good for an entire song, only a line here and there. 

3 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I will say, at the 2 NITLT shows I caught, Slash was a presence that was just as big if not bigger than Axl both sonically and on the big screen.  I know people always complain about "shredder Slash" of modern times but honestly as far as I am concerned he is the MVP of this reunion

3 hours ago, FrenchGNRfan said:

He always has been the MVP of the band

He's the only one with a successful  solo career

Slash is Guns N' Roses

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

100%. That was the consensus I received from all the friends I went with to the shows and posts from friends and acquaintances after the shows on facebook. It is really only here that I see any complaints about Slash. The guy is the fucking man.  The only one out on stage the entire set. 

100% agree. Slash is the only reason I'm still following GnR and why I like them. I'm not a huge fan of Duff anymore after all that stuff he said and I was never a big Axl fan.

Regarding the performance of SCOM it's basically what I expected from All and the rest of the band was really right and Slash nailed it as usual. Because of that I consider it better that Rio 2017 and some of those other performances.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Creed said:

Adele, Beth Ditto, Pavarotti, Meat Loaf...there are a lot of fat singers who can sing good stuff. The fat Axl - bad voice conclusion is useless. He wasnt fat at the vmas 2002. And his voice was bad.

GettyImages-EA2417-003-59020c4d5f9b5810d

But unlike any of them Axl still runs around the stage (for three hours) leaving himself out of breath much of the time. It’s something he didn’t really do with AC/DC.

8 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Axl sucks on SCOM. It's as simple as that. They should have aired Jungle, Brownstone or Easy.

Prob not their choice

8 minutes ago, DannyVinyard said:

Axl sounded and looked 100 times better in 2002 than he does now. There is a stark difference between Axl's clean singing (2002) and Axl's mickey singing (2011-present). The 2002 VMA's Axl/Guns N' Roses is a dream compared to what we have now.

Gotta disagree. The VMAs were not only worse, but were watched by way more people. Nobody was watching this at 11PM Sat night before the SB