01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

where do people get the vids of this show living in Europe??  All I can see is shite handheld cameras on youtube of an AWFUL sounding dead horse..

not asking for links just a direction

Edited by Jaygnr

17 minutes ago, Politania said:

If  this band  has  dissapointed you,  and you dont like what band is giving to audience,  then why  are you wasting your time on them?  

Im not blind fan, I see how things are, but there is NOTHING you can do, or say, or write to make THEM  hear us. This forum is small group ppl. Thousands of fans are attending to their shows, so you aint gonna see how ppl will be voting by their wallets 😉

Nothing will be changed.  My choice was to try to enjoy The time with Guns,  as much as I can, no matter how it is. 

Axl's voice wont get better with age. Im afraid it is maximum of his "power".  Kinda sad, but that is the way it goes.

Life is too hard,  to be frustrated  because of your/mine favourite band,  sucks sometimes. 😂

People need to relax. 😎

Exactly. Very well said.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Creed said:

Imagine 'The Beatles' on reunion tour with a different drummer than Ringo and without George. Paul is singing like Mickey Mouse. Their keyboard player is a female asian with blue hair. Their last album 13 years ago was very experimental. It was actually a Paul solo album, since he was the only original member who recorded it back then with a bunch of paid musicians. Their lead guitarist had a KFC bucket on his head and a weird mask on his face. Their merch is expensive and there is absolutely no fan communication and interaction. They are doing almost no media stuff, because Paul said so. And guess what...Ringo and George are still alive and would have liked to join the tour, but since Paul didnt want to spread the loot equally they're sitting pissed at their house taking care of their avocado garden. At least John is doing a solid job with his guitar. For me Paul and John alone aint 'The Beatles'.

But what do i know? I'm probably just a salty die-hard.

Thanks for the post. Sometimes is nice to imagine things from other perspective and realise how fooled we can be just because we're passionate fools about this band. As many people have stated before, being a GNR fan is pretty much like being in a abusive relationship.

3 hours ago, Creed said:

Imagine 'The Beatles' on reunion tour with a different drummer than Ringo and without George. Paul is singing like Mickey Mouse. Their keyboard player is a female asian with blue hair. Their last album 13 years ago was very experimental. It was actually a Paul solo album, since he was the only original member who recorded it back then with a bunch of paid musicians. Their lead guitarist had a KFC bucket on his head and a weird mask on his face. Their merch is expensive and there is absolutely no fan communication and interaction. They are doing almost no media stuff, because Paul said so. And guess what...Ringo and George are still alive and would have liked to join the tour, but since Paul didnt want to spread the loot equally they're sitting pissed at their house taking care of their avocado garden. At least John is doing a solid job with his guitar. For me Paul and John alone aint 'The Beatles'.

But what do i know? I'm probably just a salty die-hard.

Lol Buckethead on The Beatles... 

You do make a good point btw.

My sole argument is why the fuck aren’t they playing more old shit if they aren’t going to give us new music! And its so hard to say that, especially when they have given us Locomotive, Dead Horse, and now You’re Crazy, just in the last 6 months. 

how much have we lost in variety since then though? Duff doesn’t play New Rose anymore. Out Ta Get Me hasn't been played since 17. Even CD songs that made a special appearance like Twat and Catcher aren’t played as often. 

Then we have other songs that are synonymous with GNR, but yet aren’t played at all. Mama Kin hasn’t been played regularly since 1988. Some other covers they’ve done like Since I Don’t Have You have never been played live.

Are we ever going to hear Slash on a song like I.R.S. ??? Seems like he's played every CD song except that one and Rhiad & The Bedouin's at this point. So Fine hasnt been played since 1993 for fucks sake and Duff plays it at his solo shows!!! You’re telling me Axl cant even sing 1/3rd a new/old song?! The key here is variety! They have so many songs they could choose from and yet they choose NOT to play them. Is Slash just going to tease “I Don’t Care About You” before Jungle, or can they bust it out one of these nights? Again, another Its So Easy Axl vocal, with the whole band singing “fuck you!” 

Are song’s like ‘Don’t Damn Me’, ‘Anything Goes’, and ‘Back Off Bitch’ a “moment in time” and will never be able to translate live? Axl could literally catch a breath on DDM and sing it like Its So Easy. 

God damn i am high. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

My sole argument is why the fuck aren’t they playing more old shit if they aren’t going to give us new music! And its so hard to say that, especially when they have given us Locomotive, Dead Horse, and now You’re Crazy, just in the last 6 months. 

how much have we lost in variety since then though? Duff doesn’t play New Rose anymore. Out Ta Get Me hasn't been played since 17. Even CD songs that made a special appearance like Twat and Catcher aren’t played as often. 

Then we have other songs that are synonymous with GNR, but yet aren’t played at all. Mama Kin hasn’t been played regularly since 1988. Some other covers they’ve done like Since I Don’t Have You have never been played live.

Are we ever going to hear Slash on a song like I.R.S. ??? Seems like he's played every CD song except that one and Rhiad & The Bedouin's at this point. So Fine hasnt been played since 1993 for fucks sake and Duff plays it at his solo shows!!! You’re telling me Axl cant even sing 1/3rd a new/old song?! The key here is variety! They have so many songs they could choose from and yet they choose NOT to play them. Is Slash just going to tease “I Don’t Care About You” before Jungle, or can they bust it out one of these nights? Again, another Its So Easy Axl vocal, with the whole band singing “fuck you!” 

Are song’s like ‘Don’t Damn Me’, ‘Anything Goes’, and ‘Back Off Bitch’ a “moment in time” and will never be able to translate live? Axl could literally catch a breath on DDM and sing it like Its So Easy. 

God damn i am high. 

All of this is spot on mate.

To top it all off they continue to pile on covers like the seeker, black hole sun and wichita lineman night after night!

Not to mention 15 minute KOHD - about as interesting as a matt sorum drum solo from 1991!

10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

God damn i am high. 

lol.

I really don't think the Miami show will be indicative of what the upcoming tour will look like.  I think they will mix it up a little more. Probably not enough to appease everyone here but I think they will change it up a bit.  Dead Horse, Locomotive, Slither, You're Crazy and SOYL are all songs I will be stoked to see. I have seen three shows this reunion and not seen any of those.  You made some great suggestions and I wouldn't be surprised to see something like Dust N' Bones or So Fine played.  Wouldn't be surprised to see Think About You, Pretty Tied up or Move To The City either.  If Axl is feeling it they may try Nice Boys or something. We will have to wait and see.  Songs like UTLH, Yesterdays, My Michelle and Out Ta Get me were regulars for awhile and have been rested for quite sometime. They could be brought back. I wouldn't even rule out a new song or two. 

I also think that there will be new graphics and shit on the screens. That new screen is pretty badass and I can't imagine they are going to continue with the cheesy graphic they have been using. I know they played the same old shit on it in Miami but I wouldn't be surprised if they are still working on ideas for the upcoming tour. 

People complain so much about the setlist but it really has changed along the way. Not drastically all at once but subtly over time. Most bands don't even do that. Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Sabbath, Ozzy, Alice Cooper and most of their peers play the EXACT same set night after night for entire tours and return for the next tour only changing a song or two from the previous. I just looked at the setlist from the last Guns show I saw and there were literally ELEVEN songs played that night that weren't played in MIAMI. They did play 32 songs that night but still. Then throw in the 5 songs they play now that they weren't then and that is quite a swing.

Again, we will have to wait and see but I don't think Miami is a good representation of the upcoming tour.  And if it is, I will still be happy to see 4 or 5 songs I haven't seen yet. Time will tell.

24 minutes ago, DK6 said:

All of this is spot on mate.

To top it all off they continue to pile on covers like the seeker, black hole sun and wichita lineman night after night!

Not to mention 15 minute KOHD - about as interesting as a matt sorum drum solo from 1991!

They didn't play Witchita or Black Hole Sun in Miami.  I am with you on KOHD.  Wish they would trim it down a bit, I love a good extended jam but that version is just mehhhh.  At one time they took that song and made their own bad ass version of it. What they do now, is not that. Would love to see them do a throw back to the old 80's versions.  Maybe throw in an extended Slash solo in there but nothing like they are doing now.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i can't understand what kind of fans would still be buying tickets to this shit

they've already done 3-4 extra rounds after the novelty 2016-2017 tour

who the fuck is left with any interest to pay money and see em 

it baffles me 

GnR has played Philadelphia twice since the reunion.

2016 and 2017

It will be almost 3 years since their last show in Philly.  Not everybody spends all their time glued to message boards reading the setlists from a show in Guatemala.

It baffles me how people do not get this.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Murielweathers@gmail.com said:

As far as Axl himself. I grew up exactly the way he did: Pentecostal, overzealous, abusive "Christian" family, sang in a trio, knew the Bible because I had to memorize it, Bipolar-not-that-he-admits-anything, all that jazz. The family mottos were "Don't Disturb The Queen" and "Duck and Cover". 

So I have (probably) over identified with Axl. I see things from his point of view, particularly when people give him shit because people are idiots and assholes. I had honestly never thought of a man being anything other than a skirt chasing, perverted, waste of space. I still am in awe of the fact that Axl could be so open about himself and people still liked him. In the south, men never show any fragility if they can help it. I'm used to being made fun of and laughed at myself by family and others for anything I ever said or did. It just amazes me that he can go through all that and still find a sense of peace and a sense of self and happiness. Because honestly it's too damn hard.

Ridiculous rant over.

that was very honest and touching post.  Thank you :)

• Like 1

Better, YCBM, and yes, SCOM could all go. 
In fact, there seems to be this idea that there are songs that absolutely have to be always played. I would agree with this only as far as two songs go: Jungle and PC. Anything else could either disappear for a while or, ideally, alternate with something else. I understand KOHD, NR, and SCOM will probably be always played – but the band wouldn’t go bankrupt if they alternated it because 50% of people would stop attending their shows in such case. Bullshit. They’ve had shows in the past (old Guns) where they didn’t always play these songs, and all was fine. They didn’t lose any fans, in fact, they gained new ones. I’ve said it here before – they started UYI tour playing previously unheard songs, they even opened their first show with a new song – they had the balls to do that in none less than Rio. 
"Better" should go immediately. Why doesn’t Axl choose something else, more suitable, from CD? This song is heavy on raspy vocals, and this way it sounds abhorrent. There are those "cleaner-approach" songs, like Prostitute etc. 
And as for SCOM, YCBM – what would happen if they dropped it for a while? At some point, with the new album out, the playlist will have to be heavily altered anyway, so why not start now? Does Metallica play Nothing Else Matters at every show? No. Do Deep Purple play Child in Time? No way. Have they lost fans because of that? Fuck no! 
They could change the playlist heavily and alternate it like they used to 4 years ago. Suit it to Axl’s current vocal form, not to some bullshit notion of casual fans’ expectations. Keep doing it the way you have, the casuals will eventually get sick of it, and you’re screwed (and then Nando will suddenly start visiting this forum again). 
Even the beginning – does it always have to be ISE/Brownstone/CD/Jungle? It’s like they’re not making any effort whatsoever, just running idly. 

There are loads of possible alternatives they could do: 

Dead Horse – Shadow of Your Love – You’re Crazy (AfD) – Nice Boys 
The Seeker – Down on the Farm 
Bad Obsession – Pretty Tied Up 
Nightrain – Out ta Get Me – My Michelle 
Civil War – Yesterdays – Estranged 
Patience – Don’t Cry 
Used to Love Her – You’re Crazy (Lies) 
Coma – There Was a Time – Locomotive 
Chinese Democracy – Shackler’s Revenge 
Madagascar – Sorry – Prostitute 

And so on! 
I hope something like this will begin as of March. 

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

And so on! 

you can't do a modern Gn'R show by the book designed to work without doing:

wttj,it's so easy, brownstone, kohd, lald, PC, Nightrain, Patience/don't cry, Chinese, a few main CD era tunes, civil war, November Rain, Estranged, YCBM, RQ/MM/OTGM, SCOM

then you add on top of that DTJ/Slash solo spot, Coma and other uyi tunes like Yesterdays or UTLH/You're Crazy sometimes and a lot of covers

so you're already at more than 20 tunes you kinda have to play at least that's their formula which can feel restricting as a fan and unexciting even if it does show how strong the material is but it's 20 years with almost 2/3 of the setlist is comprised of the same tunes.

Edited by Rovim

42 minutes ago, Rovim said:

you can't do a modern Gn'R show by the book designed to work without doing:

wttj,it's so easy, brownstone, kohd, lald, PC, Nightrain, Patience/don't cry, Chinese, a few main CD era tunes, civil war, November Rain, Estranged, YCBM, RQ/MM/OTGM, SCOM

then you add on top of that DTJ/Slash solo spot, Coma and other uyi tunes like Yesterdays or UTLH/You're Crazy sometimes and a lot of covers

so you're already at more than 20 tunes you kinda have to play at least that's their formula which can feel restricting as a fan and unexciting even if it does show how strong the material is but it's 20 years with almost 2/3 of the setlist is comprised of the same tunes.

Of course you can, and that's my point. And you definitely can alternate almost everything. 

A casual didn't get to hear Rocket Queen? Good, deal with it; the world is on fire, and there are no certainties any more! 

Edited by jamillos

Of course you can, and that's my point. And you definitely can alternate almost everything. 

A casual didn't get to hear Rocket Queen? Good, deal with it; the world is on fire, and there are no certainties any more! 

well the big additions in recent years have been Coma, Locomtive, Dead Horse, DTJ, SOYL, and Slither and that's my point: if they do in average 25 to 30 tunes a show, there are only about less than 10 tunes they rotate. A song will never take the place of PC or WTTJ or Nightrain. They can do anything they want but their goal is also to give as many fans what they want when they come to see a show so like many other bands with a known and loved catalog, they try to find a certain balance. It works and if you change it you get something that could be less appealing to more people.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rovim said:

well the big additions in recent years have been Coma, Locomtive, Dead Horse, DTJ, SOYL, and Slither and that's my point: if they do in average 25 to 30 tunes a show, there are only about less than 10 tunes they rotate. A song will never take the place of PC or WTTJ or Nightrain. They can do anything they want but their goal is also to give as many fans what they want when they come to see a show so like many other bands with a known and loved catalog, they try to find a certain balance. It works and if you change it you get something that could be less appealing to more people.

I see your point, but try to see mine. We’re too close to the band. They absolutely can alternate the setlist with the exception of a few songs – the way I suggested in the first post. I don’t think the other huge music brands I’ve named above have such rigid playlists, and yet they get by flawlessly. The only factor that makes them play the same stuff for years on are themselves. All but 2–3 songs can be rotated. It would even bring some element of excitement. That doesn't mean get rid of stuff like YCBM once and for all. 

And they do this to their own detriment. They perpetuate the same playlist = I’m not buying a ticket (and thus no concert merchandize either).

Edit: Coma and DTJ have been played since the beginning. The real additions were DH and Loco. Slither, sure. 

Edited by jamillos

I see your point, but try to see mine. We’re too close to the band. They absolutely can alternate the setlist with the exception of a few songs – the way I suggested in the first post. I don’t think the other huge music brands I’ve named above have such rigid playlists, and yet they get by flawlessly. The only factor that makes them play the same stuff for years on are themselves. All but 2–3 songs can be rotated. It would even bring some element of excitement. That doesn't mean get rid of stuff like YCBM once and for all. 

And they do this to their own detriment. They perpetuate the same playlist = I’m not buying a ticket (and thus no concert merchandize either).

Edit: Coma and DTJ have been played since the beginning. The real additions were DH and Loco. Slither, sure. 

I was talking about the last 4 years. Reunion years. I see your point, I just mean this setlist was constructed for a reason: more of a something for everyone so basically more money cause more Gn'R spenders want a lot from most of the records they identify Gn'R with and some hardcore fans may get bored so they bring back a couple of UYI tracks and learn a few covers so no one can say it's not an all new show.

Edited by Rovim

9 hours ago, Murielweathers@gmail.com said:

Storytime: I'm in Oklahoma and the closest they are playing for the US leg is Arlington, TX. That's 5 maybe 6 hours away depending on traffic. I can't drive due to my health issues. The dugout tickets are around $300. The cheapest seats are around $150. IF I were to find someone stupid enough to go with me I'd pony up the $300 for their dugout ticket as well. Call it disability guilt. I paid for my friend's $177 ticket back in October while he paid for gas.

As far as Axl himself. I grew up exactly the way he did: Pentecostal, overzealous, abusive "Christian" family, sang in a trio, knew the Bible because I had to memorize it, Bipolar-not-that-he-admits-anything, all that jazz. The family mottos were "Don't Disturb The Queen" and "Duck and Cover". 

So I have (probably) over identified with Axl. I see things from his point of view, particularly when people give him shit because people are idiots and assholes. I had honestly never thought of a man being anything other than a skirt chasing, perverted, waste of space. I still am in awe of the fact that Axl could be so open about himself and people still liked him. In the south, men never show any fragility if they can help it. I'm used to being made fun of and laughed at myself by family and others for anything I ever said or did. It just amazes me that he can go through all that and still find a sense of peace and a sense of self and happiness. Because honestly it's too damn hard.

Ridiculous rant over.

nice post, hey I admire Axl a lot I just think his handlers do no good for him, this Axl your describing is one of the past, the one now is not really himself at all