RussTCB

01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

Hmmm, strange performance. Some stuff just sound bad, or worse than "usual", but other stuff sound really good for being the first concert. Yesterdays, Civil War and Nigfhtrain sound pretty good for example. 

Edited by Guns n' Swedes

12 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

When I heard Sweet Child O' Mine in Berlin... I thought it sounds absoluty shit.. When I heard Sweet Child O' Mine in Leipzig... I thought "hey it's sounds pretty good, better than Berlin". Both witness from FOS 1.  What is your problem?

Read my comment. No problem with you enjoying it, but if you (or anyone else) say I can't tell if it's good or bad because I wasn't there in person, you don't know what you're talking about... if you're not saying that, then there is no problem :)  I have been to GNR gigs, as well as countless other bands where it sounded great in the venue, but when I listened back to it either with pro recordings or camera recordings the vocal or other things were not on form, but the energy and volume of the crowd disguised it at the time.

Checked out the Leipzig performance, it was grand definitely better than both the superbowl and Berlin.

• Like 2

Geez people. I finally watched the SCOM performance. I was expecting some vocal disaster based on comments here. That was far from the worst in recent years. It wasn't 1980s level but it wasn't THAT bad. I'd say about average or slightly above for NITL.

They definitely knew which song would be used. Everything from Duff seated for the opening bass line to Axl not wearing an offensive shirt indicates that. Also, it was no accident that 99% of the screen time was A, S and D. There was a slight glimpse of Richard. Frank got a few seconds. I don't think you could see Dizzy if you tried and you'd only notice Melissa if you knew to look. I'm sure that was planned with input from the band and/or TB.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

Geez people. I finally watched the SCOM performance. I was expecting some vocal disaster based on comments here. That was far from the worst in recent years. It wasn't 1980s level but it wasn't THAT bad. I'd say about average or slightly above for NITL.

They definitely knew which song would be used. Everything from Duff seated for the opening bass line to Axl not wearing an offensive shirt indicates that. Also, it was no accident that 99% of the screen time was A, S and D. There was a slight glimpse of Richard. Frank got a few seconds. I don't think you could see Dizzy if you tried and you'd only notice Melissa if you knew to look. I'm sure that was planned with input from the band and/or TB.

Well, seemed like Frank and Kat got plenty of TV time to me.

I guess with all the good will dripping from this televised performance they should parlay it into another world tour...

1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

I'd say about average or slightly above for NITL.

Which equals bad

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Which equals bad

Did you really expect it to sound different?  Based on the comments people made here I was expecting some train wreck disaster that would be written about all over social media for how bad it was.

2 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Did you really expect it to sound different?  

absolutely not. 

I’m signing out for a while, won’t be posting again until there’s new music to discuss, at a minimum

No point hanging around a forum posting negative comments . I saw 4 shows on this tour, including the infamous Abu Dhabi formula 1 show where they finished early. There were highlights and lowlights in each of the shows. More good than bad I must say.

But I can’t support a never ending tour on a half assed setlist, draining the fans for all they can. 

Hope you all get out of it what you want 

Adios

Edited by LA_0013

48 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

Shame to watch Dead Horse, axl is terrible

I just watched it and thought he actually sounded really good aside from the little flubber at the beginning. 

2 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Frank got several good shots. Would've been nice to see more of Melissa :lol:

11 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Maybe a calendar? Somebody contact TB.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Which equals bad

To be fair, I have watched a good amount of videos from the show and I actually think Axl sounds pretty good compared to other opening shows. Songs like SCOM he will never sound good at. 

Just watched Nightrain, DTJ and SOYL back to back and they were all awesome...

Edited by Tom-Ass

26 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

She is my 3rd current active GNR member behind Slash and Duff, she should get some solo performances on tour so the crowd can hear actual good signing for a short time :) Actually, why not replace Axl with her? I really think she can do a great job...compared to whats going on now.

Edited by ax1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

To be fair, I have watched a good amount of videos from the show and I actually think Axl sounds pretty good compared to other opening shows. Songs like SCOM he will never sound good at. 

Just watched Nightrain, DTJ and SOYL back to back and they were all awesome...

Axl mickeyed the fuck out of SOYL.

You're Crazy live actually gave be goosebumps... Axl does a good job on it live. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ax1 said:

She is my 3rd current active GNR member behind Slash and Duff, she should get some solo performances on tour so the crowd can hear actual good signing for a short time :) Actually, why not replace Axl with her? I really think she can do a great job...compared to whats going on now.

Give her some stage time, definitely. Regardless of liking her or not GNR has always shone a light on the background players, whether it was the horn section, Teddy Zigzag, Tracey and Roberta. No reason why Axl and Melissa can't do a duet, Since I don't have you or something like that could be cool if she wanted to do a song on her own too!

End of the day, we've had Nunchuck solos, *horrendous* ballad of death and Mi Amor... She has free reign from where I'm standing :D 

Replacing Axl with Melissa though, even as a joke... no, just no! 

7 minutes ago, zepsun said:

You're Crazy live actually gave be goosebumps... Axl does a good job on it live. 

Which year are you on about. Obviously you're not talking about 2020 :P 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ax1 said:

I would be down for that.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Axl mickeyed the fuck out of SOYL.

I guess he did on the first verse. Just listened again. 

Unsolicited review from my neighbor who saw the TV special as I did not.  Now he is more a general public type "standard/non die hard type" fan.  His quote to me "Guns n Roses kicked ass...sounded awesome". 

3 minutes ago, Original said:

Unsolicited review from my neighbor who saw the TV special as I did not.  Now he is more a general public type "standard/non die hard type" fan.  His quote to me "Guns n Roses kicked ass...sounded awesome". 

Wow, I'm a little surprised but it probably goes to show how much more critical the die hards are compared to the casuals. 

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wow, I'm a little surprised but it probably goes to show how much more critical the die hards are compared to the casuals. 

I think die hards fans are too harsh sometimes for the band.. ;)

4 minutes ago, Politania said:

I think die hards fans are too harsh sometimes for the band.. ;)

That could very well be the truth. 

• Like 1