01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

5 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

nice post, hey I admire Axl a lot I just think his handlers do no good for him, this Axl your describing is one of the past, the one now is not really himself at all 

I agree with you completely. He is too closed off from his fans and everything else around him.

14 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Same, never been a huge fan of the song. I don't mind it too much though, they kind of have to play it at each show.

the solo is still one of Slash's best imo. It's just overplayed and there are much better Gn'R tunes but still a great song. They will never play a full show without doing it. The casuals will riot. It must be at least mostly nostalgic cause that is what this brand is selling.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Politania said:

It rather looks like a bad dyeing of hair. the sides are brighter than the top. 

-look at Slash ... he looks  so offended, like jealous wife next to her husband, when the guy is saying hello to another woman :D:D haha

Hahaha. I hadn't looked too closely at the pic. When I read your post, I was like "Really?" then I scrolled up and thought "Oh shit! Accurate!" haha

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

A lot of focus is placed on Axl - but what did people think of Slash? I've only watched the Fox video (I don't bother with crappy cameraphone footage) but to me he looked pretty dis-engaged and drained. Anyone else get that feeling? 

From everything I read here it was pretty much the consensus that Slash nailed it and saved the performance.

On 2/4/2020 at 7:19 AM, jamillos said:

There are loads of possible alternatives they could do: 

Dead Horse – Shadow of Your Love – You’re Crazy (AfD) – Nice Boys 
The Seeker – Down on the Farm 
Bad Obsession – Pretty Tied Up 
Nightrain – Out ta Get Me – My Michelle 
Civil War – Yesterdays – Estranged 
Patience – Don’t Cry 
Used to Love Her – You’re Crazy (Lies) 
Coma – There Was a Time – Locomotive 
Chinese Democracy – Shackler’s Revenge 
Madagascar – Sorry – Prostitute 

And so on! 
I hope something like this will begin as of March. 

Chinese, Nightrain, Civil War, Estranged, Patience and Don't Cry should forever be staples IMO

Particularly Chinese. I think this band smash that song out of the park. Slash truly shines on it I feel, and that's coming from someone who doesn't appreciate his Pot Noodles on some of the other Chinese tunes. 

SCOM will always be played. It wouldn't effect me in any way if it was dropped, but the casual fan would be baffled if they did. A bird next to me started crying when Slash started playing the intro at the Slane show. Fuck knows what she was thinking when she seen me weep uncontrollably when the intro of There Was A Time was played, and even more so when I realised Axl was butchering it...:lol:

There is footage on-line of the gig with about 6/7 full songs and snippets of the rest. Better was horrific, Slither just doesn’t work and Dead Horse as a band was all over the place but the gig appeared to be nowhere near as bad as folk are making out.

Yes, the band and Axl in particular could make smarter song choices to best utilise his current capabilities but what I heard was no different to the last couple of years.

Note - I am very much FOR a setlist overhaul and new material. It’s just worth pointing out if I had paid to go to that gig, I wouldn’t have been disappointed like many folk on here appear to be. 🤷🏼‍♂️

My take and I know@RussTcb will disagree 

I have seen Axl at his best - he is nowhere close now - Slash is a monster always has been always will be - The Show 

Smkc recorded a album of new material in less than a month - 12 songs whether u like them or not - 12 new songs 

Axl voice is gone - a shell of his former self and has beengone  for a number of years 

I appreciate him trying - As a lifer I went to 4 NITL gigs - he sounded decent - nothing special - I get a lot of flake on this board on my Fan boy ism of Slash - From Day 1 I have always thought Slash and Axl were 50-50 on the bands success 

I always thought Slash was the show and I know this is a “ New Gnr board - not a lifer or day 1 board - hell its barely a Slash board but if u went to a illusion tour gig or a NITL gig u should realize Slash has always been the show with his playing and Bigger than life persona 

I accept Axl for who he is in 2020 - about time everyone does as well - The cat is trying but his voice barring surgery or a miracle is shit

Ps - You can’t drop Scom or YCbm because Axl cant sing them - it’s Axl job to sing the songs 

Just Enjoy the band as they r - A guitar driven band led by Slash  that once had the best singer in the world - Mr Axl Rose 

On 2/4/2020 at 2:19 AM, jamillos said:

Better, YCBM, and yes, SCOM could all go. 
In fact, there seems to be this idea that there are songs that absolutely have to be always played. I would agree with this only as far as two songs go: Jungle and PC. Anything else could either disappear for a while or, ideally, alternate with something else. I understand KOHD, NR, and SCOM will probably be always played – but the band wouldn’t go bankrupt if they alternated it because 50% of people would stop attending their shows in such case. Bullshit. They’ve had shows in the past (old Guns) where they didn’t always play these songs, and all was fine. They didn’t lose any fans, in fact, they gained new ones. I’ve said it here before – they started UYI tour playing previously unheard songs, they even opened their first show with a new song – they had the balls to do that in none less than Rio. 
"Better" should go immediately. Why doesn’t Axl choose something else, more suitable, from CD? This song is heavy on raspy vocals, and this way it sounds abhorrent. There are those "cleaner-approach" songs, like Prostitute etc. 
And as for SCOM, YCBM – what would happen if they dropped it for a while? At some point, with the new album out, the playlist will have to be heavily altered anyway, so why not start now? Does Metallica play Nothing Else Matters at every show? No. Do Deep Purple play Child in Time? No way. Have they lost fans because of that? Fuck no! 
They could change the playlist heavily and alternate it like they used to 4 years ago. Suit it to Axl’s current vocal form, not to some bullshit notion of casual fans’ expectations. Keep doing it the way you have, the casuals will eventually get sick of it, and you’re screwed (and then Nando will suddenly start visiting this forum again). 
Even the beginning – does it always have to be ISE/Brownstone/CD/Jungle? It’s like they’re not making any effort whatsoever, just running idly. 

There are loads of possible alternatives they could do: 

Dead Horse – Shadow of Your Love – You’re Crazy (AfD) – Nice Boys 
The Seeker – Down on the Farm 
Bad Obsession – Pretty Tied Up 
Nightrain – Out ta Get Me – My Michelle 
Civil War – Yesterdays – Estranged 
Patience – Don’t Cry 
Used to Love Her – You’re Crazy (Lies) 
Coma – There Was a Time – Locomotive 
Chinese Democracy – Shackler’s Revenge 
Madagascar – Sorry – Prostitute 

And so on! 
I hope something like this will begin as of March. 

Sweet Child is GNR’s biggest song of all time, and the song that really pushed them to the next level. I’d deem it even more necessary than Jungle or PC.

That being said, I wouldn’t mind if it was never played again.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tyler Drama said:

Sweet Child is GNR’s biggest song of all time, and the song that really pushed them to the next level. I’d deem it even more necessary than Jungle or PC.

That being said, I wouldn’t mind if it was never played again.

It's like how Aerosmith has to play "I Don't Want To Miss a Thing" at every show even though Joe Perry said he hates the song and they didn't write it.

1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

It's like how Aerosmith has to play "I Don't Want To Miss a Thing" at every show even though Joe Perry said he hates the song and they didn't write it.

Well aerosmith didnt have to release a song like that for a film. So they have themselves to blame.

10 hours ago, moreblack said:

It will never not be played live by them, it cannot. 

Theres no way can wheez his way through PC...