01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

2 hours ago, moreblack said:

But good luck finding a gig they didn't do Dream On

But ST doesnt sound shit singing it...

SCOM is like Metallica' Sandman or NEM - must be on setlist if it is not some exclusive private only diehard show, but Axl is butchering it... And has no intent adjusting his approach to it...

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

He also 71 years old and still 10 times better than Axl on his worst days.

Axl has to also reach more octaves through 30+ songs. Tyler mostly stays in one range except for 1 verse of Dream On. Axl's normal  talking range  is a low Baritone so its natural that he would lose more of that mid high range has its not his normal range. But that's what makes Axl Special

• Like 1

On 2/5/2020 at 7:06 AM, Politania said:

It rather looks like a bad dyeing of hair. the sides are brighter than the top. 

-look at Slash ... he looks  so offended, like jealous wife next to her husband, when the guy is saying hello to another woman :D:D haha

Is there a page of Slash-jealous-with-Axl photos? Because there seem to be a lot

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

The interesting thing is 76 year old Mick Jagger is better than both of them combined right now :)

I can't go there. I have seen both Aerosmith and the Stones the last year. Steven still kills it live. Mick dances around like a chicken and isn't even really a singer anymore. Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE the Stones. They are one of my favorites. Maybe not quite my favorite band but I consider them the best band of all time \m/

• Like 1

At this very moment, there are roughly 200 members online this forum/website.  I don't know the total number of average unique monthly active users, maybe it is a few thousand or so (I could be wrong).  According to this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_in_This_Lifetime..._Tour they have sold over 4.3 MILLION tickets to this tour, and there are several dates, especially North American 2017 dates that have no attendance numbers listed for some reason.  The average music listener/concert goer/gnr fan wants to hear the hits, plain and simple.  To think they would drop SCOM or YCBM because a few hundred people here on a forum want set lists changes and are obsessed with the order songs are played in at shows thousands of miles away from them is ludicrous.  As a hardcore fan myself, yea I would like to see some deep cuts added so I can watch them on youtube, but to think constant setlist bitching on here will lead to someone in the GNR camp to see it, take it seriously, and jeopardize severely changing a formula that has sold MILLIONS of tickets to placate people on a forum where in a show of 30,000 people there are maybe 10-20 forum members in attendace....stop and think about that for a minute.  The best way to lose fans, is for them to pay top dollar to go to a show and not get the hits played.  Everyone just needs to take a deep breath, be happy they are still out there playing.  The alternatives is we could have 1993-2016, a member could be dead and this over forever, or the band just calls it quits.  They cant mess with the setlist too much in the latter two.

Dont worry, Be happy - Bobby McFerrin

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Liva said:

At this very moment, there are roughly 200 members online this forum/website.  I don't know the total number of average unique monthly active users, maybe it is a few thousand or so (I could be wrong).  According to this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_in_This_Lifetime..._Tour they have sold over 4.3 MILLION tickets to this tour, and there are several dates, especially North American 2017 dates that have no attendance numbers listed for some reason.  The average music listener/concert goer/gnr fan wants to hear the hits, plain and simple.  To think they would drop SCOM or YCBM because a few hundred people here on a forum want set lists changes and are obsessed with the order songs are played in at shows thousands of miles away from them is ludicrous.  As a hardcore fan myself, yea I would like to see some deep cuts added so I can watch them on youtube, but to think constant setlist bitching on here will lead to someone in the GNR camp to see it, take it seriously, and jeopardize severely changing a formula that has sold MILLIONS of tickets to placate people on a forum where in a show of 30,000 people there are maybe 10-20 forum members in attendace....stop and think about that for a minute.  The best way to lose fans, is for them to pay top dollar to go to a show and not get the hits played.  Everyone just needs to take a deep breath, be happy they are still out there playing.  The alternatives is we could have 1993-2016, a member could be dead and this over forever, or the band just calls it quits.  They cant mess with the setlist too much in the latter two.

Dont worry, Be happy - Bobby McFerrin

you're reading my mind

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Politania said:

you're reading my mind

if this forum had 1 million active members and they were all complaining about the setlist, you have 25% of your concert goer's complaining, then yes something needs to be changed.  But that isnt the case, so everyone needs to just chill out and enjoy what we have.  The guys arent 28 yrs old anymore, there is no changing that, set expectations accordingly

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 03/02/2020 at 12:17 AM, Creed said:

Adele, Beth Ditto, Pavarotti, Meat Loaf...there are a lot of fat singers who can sing good stuff. The fat Axl - bad voice conclusion is useless. He wasnt fat at the vmas 2002. And his voice was bad.

GettyImages-EA2417-003-59020c4d5f9b5810d

When was the last time you saw Pavarotti sprinting across the stage and doing the splits midair whilst jumping off a stack of amps?

11 minutes ago, Liva said:

if this forum had 1 million active members and they were all complaining about the setlist, you have 25% of your concert goer's complaining, then yes something needs to be changed.  But that isnt the case, so everyone needs to just chill out and enjoy what we have.  The guys arent 28 yrs old anymore, there is no changing that, set expectations accordingly

Sorry but do you suddenly stop being able to write songs at 29? :lol: 

as for releasing new music, I personally would love to hear new songs, but put yourself in the bands shoes.  The old formula from the 90's and earlier was you spent big money on making a record and you went on tour to promote the record and sell records.  The money was in record sales, the tour was the marketing to sell records.  With free music and spotify etc, the formula has completely flipped.  Now artists release music for free in order to sell concert tickets, the money is made on the tour now which equates to higher ticket prices, bigger productions etc.  Without a free record release to tour behind, 99% of todays artists wouldn't be able to sell out a successful tour and make money.  GNR clearly doesnt need help selling tickets (yet) so why release new music.  Releasing new music will just lead to ending criticism, the bar is set so high and anticipation is so high that even if they released an AMAZING record, people would still find something to complain about...its over produced, i think I hear autotune, slash's solo could be more like this or that, not enough rock songs, not enough ballads...its really a no win situation.  So right now they are selling out stadiums, no interviews to get hassled at, sure they are playing the same songs, but people would be complaining about new songs and what they replaced in the current set list.  If I were GNR, in this climate, I wouldnt release any new music.  All it will do is create headaches.  And if its not a ridiculously awesome record and bad press follows, it could actually hurt ticket sales.  People buying tickets know what they are getting and are clearly happy with it cause they are still selling boat loads of tickets.  Its the unfortunate truth that wont change until they need help selling tickets, which I dont see happening any time soon.

• Like 1