01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

5 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Say what you want about him, but his intentions were to tour the shit out of Chinese Democracy and then produce the next record.  When that didn't happen he hit the road to do what he loves.

That same phrase can be said of every single person in GNR from 2001 outside of Axl. 

20 hours ago, adamsapple said:

I don't think Axl's work ethic is holding up things but maybe his health? If the only way to get the raging and ranting Axl under control and to be on time is to kill all of his emotions and turn his speech and face into a dull mask I'd rather have riots and late starts. Age might be a factor too, but at this point there are 80 year olds that have more energy than him. No wonder he can't come up with lyrics or bring his A-game on stage anymore when he seems to be somewhat sedated most of the time. An artist needs to feel.

110% this.

I do think Axl has been heavily medicated since 2011. Weight gain, less motivation, etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lio said:

It's total BS that casual fans would be disappointed if they didn't play songs like CD, Better, Yesterdays, Coma, TIL, Sorry and so many others they've been playing for years.

They have to play Jungle, scom, nr, pc, don't cry, ycbm, Patience, kohd and maybe lald. (Don't think I forgot any.) That's 9. They can rotate all the rest with new songs or other deepcuts.

I'm not one of those asking a complete overhaul, but to pretend they have to play all these songs (3 hours+ set!!), is just silly.  It's not unreasonable to expect some changes now and again.

Even new music could spark the interest of casuals. 

'GNR have a new album! It's better than the first album Appetite For What's it's face' 

21 hours ago, adamsapple said:

I don't think Axl's work ethic is holding up things but maybe his health? If the only way to get the raging and ranting Axl under control and to be on time is to kill all of his emotions and turn his speech and face into a dull mask I'd rather have riots and late starts. Age might be a factor too, but at this point there are 80 year olds that have more energy than him. No wonder he can't come up with lyrics or bring his A-game on stage anymore when he seems to be somewhat sedated most of the time. An artist needs to feel.

I'm just waiting for someone to say that Axl has had a lobotomy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Politania said:

I can't believe that some people would rather have riots and late starts again.:facepalm:

I also  think Axl's  been heavily medicated since 2011... but damn it, I wouldn't never ever want to see him that mad, full of anger, emotions and problems anymore.:max:

It's more like a figure of speech, I don't want actual riots or late starts, but if Axl enjoys life and music more by going on a bit later and fans get a better performance out of that then that's better than the current state. I don't know why he's medicated, but I'd say he most likely is and it's no funny stuff.

2 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

It's more like a figure of speech, I don't want actual riots or late starts, but if Axl enjoys life and music more by going on a bit later and fans get a better performance out of that then that's better than the current state. I don't know why he's medicated, but I'd say he most likely is and it's no funny stuff.

it's no funny stuff, I agree with that. But I still claims I'd never wanted old times to go back, even little bit.

1 hour ago, adamsapple said:

Why? Does Axl look like he's enjoying life less than at any other period we've seen him? I don't think so. 

Also, most fans are happy with the performance.

I'm not speculating on medication of medical condition, but Axl to me seems much happier and at ease since 2016 than ever maybe.

3 hours ago, Liva said:

I was pretty clear in the fact that I was speculating in all this, so yes I pulled these numbers and scenarios "outta my arse" just like others put all the blame on Axl or pull their own theories outta their arse's...fact is no one knows for a fact a damn thing, its all just their own speculation, so what makes your theory or someone else's any more credible or reasonable?  The only fact that we can all agree on is there has been no new music released under the GNR name since CD in 2008.  The old 1986 cuts released in their box set were not CD era songs and probably have different ownership/rules governing how they were released.  Axl released a loony tunes song, not under the GNR name, so its clear he is ok in releasing things and not the hermit/hoarder you make him out to be.

If it is a legal issue, you keep your mouth shut, dont do interviews and get it sorted with the lawyers.  The last thing you want is someone slipping up in an interview and those words being twisted around by the record label and used against GNR.  There is a reason you have a "right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you."  You let the lawyer do your arguing, you dont say dumb shit to reporters and be at the mercy of the reporter changing around what you said (happens all the time) and that snippet coming back to screw your argument against the label.

Fortus has no ambition...do you know that?  He told you that personally?  He was in the Dead Daisies and left them when it came time to pick a band.  Could have been for the payday, sure...but maybe he see's the future brighter with GNR if they can release whatever they may or may have music wise.

Again...we are all just speculating and making stuff up...can we agree on that?

I found this post helpful in my understanding of the present situation, thankyou.

• Thanks 1

@Liva Except Beta denied taking down videos and agreed videos are a promotion for the band. And GNR social media asked fans to post videos of their show experience.

Those are facts.

I basically scroll through all the setlist complaints nowadays. It's all very predictable. Setlist complaints are more boring than the setlist.

However, they seem to be able to add songs like Wichita, I feel good, BHS etc. I've seen eight shows and I think there's only one where I didn't get a song I hadn't heard before. It's not that choreographed. I don't think anyone realistically would expect or even want a complete overhaul. And they can and do add stuff to the set.

I just crave new music.

When that time comes, the usual suspects will be complaining. But many will be thrilled too. In fact, besides the complaining, when something amazing happens, most people will be enthusiastic (at least for a few hours😜).

As for Axl having meltdowns, at the Berlin show many things went wrong, Axl was obviously very frustrated, but he didn't storm off. He's less volatile these days and handles mishaps a lot better. Let's hope the storming off days are behind us.

40 minutes ago, Lio said:

He's less volatile these days and handles mishaps a lot better. Let's hope the storming off days are behind us.

I really have hope for this. :) At the beginning of reunion tour, a lot of fans  were skeptical about his behavior. They were afraid of him being late, unpredictable behavior. And it wasn't there. It seems to me now that many people are relieved and they come to the GNR concerts, knowing that Axl will be on time. that's a big plus.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lio said:

Why? Does Axl look like he's enjoying life less than at any other period we've seen him? I don't think so. 

Also, most fans are happy with the performance.

I'm not speculating on medication of medical condition, but Axl to me seems much happier and at ease since 2016 than ever maybe.

you can be medicated and acting happy at the same time, one does not exclude the other.

everyone can see Axl really doesn't look healthy these days. It doesn't seem like he can go on like this much longer. He needs to get his act together before something truly bad happens to him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, action said:

you can be medicated and acting happy at the same time, one does not exclude the other.

everyone can see Axl really doesn't look healthy these days. It doesn't seem like he can go on like this much longer. He needs to get his act together before something truly bad happens to him.

So when did he have his act together according to you then? Whatever that might mean. He's doing all the shows like clockwork, no rants, no outbursts, neither on or off the stage. I'm not sure what you're expecting. To me that sounds like having your act together.

People here like speculating about his health, but I have only seen this 'concern' about his health on the forum. I never read anything about him looking unhealthy in reviews.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, action said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but what is it that makes him look 'unhealthy'?

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Lio said:

So when did he have his act together according to you then? Whatever that might mean. He's doing all the shows like clockwork, no rants, no outbursts, neither on or off the stage. I'm not sure what you're expecting. To me that sounds like having your act together.

People here like speculating about his health, but I have only seen this 'concern' about his health on the forum. I never read anything about him looking unhealthy in reviews.

why should reviews care about his health? they review the show and not his health.

it's only natural that such focus should be confined to this forum: as fans, we care about more than just the show. we care about axl's wellbeing too. 

8 minutes ago, action said:

why should reviews care about his health? they review the show and not his health.

it's only natural that such focus should be confined to this forum: as fans, we care about more than just the show. we care about axl's wellbeing too. 

Of course reviews care. If artists look unhealthy/doped up/botoxed/whatever, you read it in the reviews. The media are obsessed with looks.

If anything, they mention he runs around for 3 hours. I don't know many unhealthy people who do that. In fact, I know none.

Lol nothing about Axl looks unhealthy except for him being a bit overweight which is hardly unusual for a 58 year old. All you people going on about him being sedated and lacking energy need to get a grip seriously. He still covers the stage better than most his age, he just doesn't need to be jumping off pianos anymore. 

Edited by Caedo
  • Like 1

I've never met anyone who's 58 and looks so good, wtf are ya people talking about. As for the "sedation", couldn't it be that he's finally happy these days, having buried all kinds of hatchets and making shitloads of money? I think it has something to do with it.