01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

I was thinking he should do “The Next Episode” with Snoop and rap Dre’s verses.

nanananana! It’s the motherfuckin A-X-L!

Axl Rose madafaka 🎶 😂 

I got a feeling that the mindset would be, why should we release a record or a single? We gave you a gig that has snoop dogg in it. And Fernando would probably start acting and talking like he's from the hood but he ain't one of them G-thang. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Not for me. 

Everything is lined up (for any other band) for that Miami show to be the kick off if anything is happening this year. After that, it's just tour date after tour date from March on. 

For me, the weekend of the Super Bowl is the goal. If nothing happens then, I'm not hoping / expecting for anything else to happen in 2020 outside of the regular, tired ass tour. 

100% agree with where you're coming from... but I can't see them shaking anything majorly up for a single date in January. I think IF they are going to do something different then they'll kick it off when they have multiple dates back to back, plus there's camera rolling in January. 

Do I think they should go out and be a bit dangerous? Hell yes! GnR are one of the safest bands going, for all the reasons that have been listed 1000 times. I'd keel over if they opened with a different song at this stage. That alone would cause a bit of excitement. No reason they can't mess with the order.

58 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

100% agree with where you're coming from... but I can't see them shaking anything majorly up for a single date in January. I think IF they are going to do something different then they'll kick it off when they have multiple dates back to back, plus there's camera rolling in January. 

Do I think they should go out and be a bit dangerous? Hell yes! GnR are one of the safest bands going, for all the reasons that have been listed 1000 times. I'd keel over if they opened with a different song at this stage. That alone would cause a bit of excitement. No reason they can't mess with the order.

That's the thing: this one off date is the perfect time to shake things up. 

They're off for a month of so after this date which would be the perfect time to follow up a single & album announcement with TV appearances and so on before heading out of the US for tour dates. 

35 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

They're off for a month of so after this date which would be the perfect time to follow up a single & album announcement with TV appearances and so on before heading out of the US for tour dates. 

"perfect time" 

"shake things up" 

"single and album announcement" 

"TV appearances and so on" 

Come on- these are the true words of naivety here! 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

"perfect time" 

"shake things up" 

I know, I know. 

I just get tired of following up every post with "...but this is GN'R, so that won't happen" lol. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

"perfect time" 

"shake things up" 

Damn, for a split second there I thought these were new songs. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

That's also true. I'd never make excuses for them, because they do that just fine on their own😄 

I'd agree that they should shake things up dramatically for this upcoming show(s). As far as I'm concerned they should be putting out the notion that they are a band that is moving forward. Beyond financials which are obviously important the band hasn't moved / grown one bit in at least 2 years. 

If they come out this month playing the same shit, and then do the same again in March it's a clear sign of their intent I don't need to see them again really... I also don't think gnr today are that great a live act (lots of reasons). I'll hold tight for now but it's gonna be mighty disheartening for the summer shows if it's business as usual all over again.

• Like 2

The idea of Axl returning from a somewhat long layoff, in a massively publicized gig, considering the level of vocal performances of 2019 is absolutely terrifying. Unless something is actually happening in terms of activity behind the scenes there is absolutely no way he pulls this off. No way.

• Sad 5

50 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

The idea of Axl returning from a somewhat long layoff, in a massively publicized gig, considering the level of vocal performances of 2019 is absolutely terrifying. Unless something is actually happening in terms of activity behind the scenes there is absolutely no way he pulls this off. No way.

I hate the negativity, but he's proven it time and time again! Axl lut of the gate is poor! He could day to the band let's run the show in full every day for a week and they would do it, but in reality he probably does show up and make apprarances at rehearsal now but in comparison to the other guys prep, it must be worlds apart. The other guys stay match fit ALL year round! So they could at any time hit the road and be top class.

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

I hate the negativity, but he's proven it time and time again! Axl lut of the gate is poor! He could day to the band let's run the show in full every day for a week and they would do it, but in reality he probably does show up and make apprarances at rehearsal now but in comparison to the other guys prep, it must be worlds apart. The other guys stay match fit ALL year round! So they could at any time hit the road and be top class.

That's the thing: we've all been beaten into the negativity due to Axl's track record. 

Every single time they start a tour or have a big show, I remain hopeful that Axl will show up prepared. Then he never does and we're all left disappointed. 

• Like 4

The ONLY thing that gives me hope for this and indeed 2020 in general is the lack of activity from Slash n Duff. Of course it's not forced to mean anything is happening behind the scenes with guns, but they are such workaholics that it's hard to see them inactive for too long.

So Slash n Myles material incoming? :lol::facepalm:

I really doubt any new material will be performed at this event.  It may be good publicity to announce a new album will be out this year though, as it would get massive headlines.  The people at this event will not care to listen to new music though, unfortunately.   I can’t believe it’s been almost 12 years since CD dropped.  I remember an interview where I believe it was Axl who said it wouldn’t be as long for a follow up. If something doesn’t  happen soon, I may have to quit caring, if possible.  Of course with this band, soon is a relative term. 

Snoop opening isn't really weird to me at all considering I saw Ice Cube perform before GNR at Louder Than Life and Coachella. And Snoop was there in Indio as well, week 1. 

I've seen Snoop three times now. The most recent was last summer at a small venue here in Chicago. He was badass. Ironically, he was late as fuck. The girls dancing on poles were out there before his performance, and they danced for probably 35-40 minutes before he showed up and did sort of a medley of all his hits for an hour. Still, fun night.

And why does everyone here keep saying people are made about Snoop? Seems to be nothing but "hell yeahs" for this pairing with GNR.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Stiff Competition said:

It's funny that so many people are mad. Snoop opening is probably the coolest, most unexpected thing GNR has done since they started touring again.

This isn't a GNR solo production.  How much input they had about Snoop opening is not known.  What they are doing to support this that is voluntary or required is also unknown.  In short, we just don't know. :lol:

I hope Snoop has a guest spot during the GNR performance.  I would like to see it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cineater said:

This isn't a GNR solo production.  How much input they had about Snoop opening is not known.  What they are doing to support this that is voluntary or required is also unknown.  In short, we just don't know. :lol:

I hope Snoop has a guest spot during the GNR performance.  I would like to see it.

As long as it doesnt end up sounding anything like his live metallica version of Sad but True lol

15 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Axl Rose madafaka 🎶 😂 

I got a feeling that the mindset would be, why should we release a record or a single? We gave you a gig that has snoop dogg in it. And Fernando would probably start acting and talking like he's from the hood but he ain't one of them G-thang. 😂 

He will be wearing an oversized dollar sign necklace. Hell they may as well redo the GNR symbol so the s in Guns n Roses is Gun$ n Ro$e$.