03/14/20 - Mexico City, MX - Vive Latino Festival

2 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

For the first time in the last few years, i have huge expectations in this tour! Maybe some slightly different animation videos on the screens or axl finally wearing a new hat, or maybe they are opening with chinese again... i'm so excited!  or maybe, just maybe, we'll get another great cover of a semi good song by an artist, who passed in the last year! Or they'll bring back ashba! well, a man can dream...

Im thinking of strippers and a flying piano. Then the whole world is talking about this WHOLE NEW SHOW

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

For some reason, people think that Gn’R will literally scam people for this SA leg and after that they will get new songs, new setlist and 1992 Axl for the EU/US legs. Just because they didn’t see the magic words “New chapter” on any social media posts (even thought it was already proved that they did label it like that for the SA shows too).

It’s March or bust and anyone who thinks otherwise is lying to themselves. If GNR is interested in releasing new music or not, it will be proved on these shows, not in the middle of the tour.

Exactly! This is what I’ve been saying all the time. I am usually slightly on the more positive side, but in this case, it would be just self-delusion to think that they would do such a non-sensical, stupid step like this. It’s either Mexico or no major new stuff in 2020. 

1 hour ago, ironmt said:

The white shorts, the red and white Axl tennis shoes and no shirt is the surprise for the first leg of the tour. They are going back to the illusion days.

Now that would be a thing and worth to be on the cover of the rolling stone! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ironmt said:

The white shorts, the red and white Axl tennis shoes and no shirt is the surprise for the first leg of the tour. They are going back to the illusion days.

I doubt axl could pull that look off again, let alone his 06 look.

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

Exactly! This is what I’ve been saying all the time. I am usually slightly on the more positive side, but in this case, it would be just self-delusion to think that they would do such a non-sensical, stupid step like this. It’s either Mexico or no major new stuff in 2020. 

Agree, theres no way they would do mexico with the same setlist from last year then all new setlist for SA. If you were stumping up the cash for mexico and a new setlist for SA with new material gets played, you would be pissed off.

But lets be honest, logic has never been with this band.

Edited by Sydney Fan

On 19/02/2020 at 10:02 AM, StayofExecution2020 said:

I think Lisbon is the first show we can expect sth new

No, SA is advertised as the next chapter. If something is the next chapter, that means something different than the previous chapter. Mexico gets a new chapter, or nowhere gets a new chapter. No band, starts off a new tour and then decides mid way through to do a full production 180 (New set, new lighting cues, pyro, videos).

I hope they change things up though, I'm not giving any old tomatoes or anything, but It's well and truly time for a dramatic change.

• Like 1

On the night of the first show of each tour leg, I usually come to the show thread to say “c’mon Axl! Hardschool my ass!” However, over the last few days, I’ve been listening to that song again after not having listened to the Village leaks for awhile now, and I honestly don’t think I like it now. So I don’t want Axl to Hardschool me in the ass anymore :/... I want him to Oklahoma my ass instead! :P

Edited by rocknroll41

8 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

On the night of the first show of each tour leg, I usually come to the show thread to say “c’mon Axl! Hardschool my ass!” However, over the last few days, I’ve been listening to that song again after not having listened to the Village leaks for awhile now, and I honestly don’t think I like it now. So I don’t want Axl to Hardschool me in the ass anymore :/... I want him to Oklahoma my ass instead! :P

I Know this isn't a thread for leak discussion. But Hardschool was never a favourite of mine, I love the chorus! the rest of the song is pretty bland. There's definitely the seed of a great song in there, just not the leaked version. 

I also don't want Axl to hardschool me :P 

Just now, Tom2112 said:

I Know this isn't a thread for leak discussion. But Hardschool was never a favourite of mine, I love the chorus! the rest of the song is pretty bland. There's definitely the seed of a great song in there, just not the leaked version. 

I also don't want Axl to hardschool me :P 

Yeah the chorus is cool but the verses feel “lazy.” Hopefully, if the song does end up being released (it won’t), Axl would’ve written and recorded new verses from scratch. The lead guitar work also needs a full rewrite. The solos on that demo were pretty weak. But honestly, if that song is left unfinished, I’d be fine with it. Atlas, Soul Monster (Elvis/ Leave Me Alone), and Berlin (Oklahoma) are the only Village songs I still consider to be “top-tier.” Curly Shuffle and Mustache are second-tier, for me, and then Tonto is third-their... the rest don’t matter.

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah the chorus is cool but the verses feel “lazy.” Hopefully, if the song does end up being released (it won’t), Axl would’ve written and recorded new verses from scratch. The lead guitar work also needs a full rewrite. The solos on that demo were pretty weak. But honestly, if that song is left unfinished, I’d be fine with it. Atlas, Soul Monster (Elvis/ Leave Me Alone), and Berlin (Oklahoma) are the only Village songs I still consider to be “top-tier.” Curly Shuffle and Mustache are second-tier, for me, and then Tonto is third-their... the rest don’t matter.

Zodiac is my top instrumental then As It Began - both by a fair distance for me.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

No, SA is advertised as the next chapter. If something is the next chapter, that means something different than the previous chapter. Mexico gets a new chapter, or nowhere gets a new chapter. No band, starts off a new tour and then decides mid way through to do a full production 180 (New set, new lighting cues, pyro, videos).

I hope they change things up though, I'm not giving any old tomatoes or anything, but It's well and truly time for a dramatic change.

Any material or links?

I was claimed Europe and NA are labeled as TNC. This one not

13 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Zodiac is my top instrumental then As It Began - both by a fair distance for me.

I like Zodiac but the problem is it’s too “buckethead-ish” to really fit with where the band is now. Maybe it’d make a good b-side or something.

As It Began has potential, I suppose. I wonder if Axl ever wrote lyrics for it.

Edited by rocknroll41

1 minute ago, ThePreacher said:

Any material or links?

I was claimed Europe and NA are labeled as TNC. This one not

The bands social media has been saying it from the start of the 2020 tour announcements. 

Europe and South America. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I'd say State of grace was the most promising, but it's completely subjective. I'm sure some people who heard Hardschool thought it was the best GNR song of all time.

6 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I'd say State of grace was the most promising, but it's completely subjective. I'm sure some people who heard Hardschool thought it was the best GNR song of all time.

The ending vocals are cool but, again, most of that song sounds “too NIN-ish” to fit with where the band is now. Again, maybe it’d be a good b-side... Hopefully the band and label are taking b-sides into consideration. Would be a good compromise for “old vs. new.”

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

The ending vocals are cool but, again, most of that song sounds “too NIN-ish” to fit with where the band is now. Again, maybe it’d be a good b-side... Hopefully the band and label are taking b-sides into consideration. Would be a good compromise for “old vs. new.”

I don't think it's that far away from what they do with Better these days, I could certainly hear Slash and Duff playing it. Like I said though, subjective. I love the more experimental The garden / Shackler style song from GNR. Just shows you what a job they will have to please people. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think maybe you listened to it too many times.

7 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I think maybe you listened to it too many times.

Yeah, that’s possible. When the Village discs first leaked I listened to them everyday for awhile cause my brain was just going “omg, new music!” But then the “high” eventually died down.

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

The bands social media has been saying it from the start of the 2020 tour announcements. 

Europe and South America. 

Essentially people can play the "yeah....but wait until May" game on Saturday if they like (and they will) but for most of us the signs are clear on this one. It's Saturday as the indicator as to how they're going to play it this year and possibly forever.  

9 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah, that’s possible. When the Village discs first leaked I listened to them everyday for awhile cause my brain was just going “omg, new music!” But then the “high” eventually died down.

I haven't listened to any of it since it came out. I should go back and listen again.

31 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

I believe it was Jarmo who said SA is not yet Next chapter

Politician talk. He is probably right, but that is 100% not what they initially said. I would also wager that some, not all, some fans would not have bought tickets to the SA shows, had they known that this was 'not yet the next chapter'. It's BS, and Jarmo or whoever can try and spin it but if SA doesn't get the new show they were duped. 

2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Politician talk. He is probably right, but that is 100% not what they initially said. I would also wager that some, not all, some fans would not have bought tickets to the SA shows, had they known that this was 'not yet the next chapter'. It's BS, and Jarmo or whoever can try and spin it but if SA doesn't get the new show they were duped. 

Can't remember the exact quote but it was something like this

"SA is not labeled as "The Next Chapter" but Europe and NA are. That must mean something don't you think"