03/14/20 - Mexico City, MX - Vive Latino Festival

8 minutes ago, soon said:

I hope that they didnt change the hard school arrangement to the degree that Frank had to put down all new drums.

They’ll probably have frank re-do all the drums for any potential new album anyways, just to create the illusion of new music being fully representative of the NITL lineup (even if it really isn’t).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

They’ll probably have frank re-do all the drums for any potential new album anyways, just to create the illusion of new music being fully representative of the NITL lineup (even if it really isn’t).

True. Hopefully they'll be willing to lie to us about that too. And just say its Frank.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, soon said:

I hope that they didnt change the hard school arrangement to the degree that Frank had to put down all new drums.

I’d prefer they built everything from the ground up for any of those songs. Would be a bummer if it’s just a paste over. Let’s get some songs with this band 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Doubtful. It was written in 2000. Axl didn’t seem too pissed at Izzy at the time, whereas his Slash hatred was in full force back then.

Was it written in 2000 or mid 90s? Even still, it could be about Izzy regardless  of when it was written.

6 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

I’d prefer they built everything from the ground up for any of those songs. Would be a bummer if it’s just a paste over. Let’s get some songs with this band 

I enjoy Brain so much more than Frank. And Frank entered the band as Brains understudy. So to me keeping Brains part, like on 95% of CD still makes sense in the same way :shrugs:

Even if they wrote new stuff, Id still hope its Brain (even if they say its Frank). 

Ill say this though, hearing some new stuff with Fortus/Slash dual guitar interplay would be great. And since Fortus has more musical respect for Dizzy (or so it seems to me, at least) I like the potential to have Dizzy/Slash/Fortus interplay. Let Dizzy go full Chuck Leveall 

48 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

Guys this could and prob will be GNR's last concert a la 93 argentina 

my guess is they did invite izzy considering the two songs of his in 

and then they said fuck it told steven to get on a flight and get to CDMX 

i've chosen some good concerts and been lucky i think this one is the case as well perhaps i will be active here if i can figure out how to work the site on my phone as ive never done that before 

b/c is prob the last show i would encourage @downzyjust to let us have a go with posting everything here who cares 

i got the best location i believe at the very front center stage 

Why would it be last show?

• Like 2

FWIW, Mr. J just confirmed on HTGTH that the band is going home tomorrow, after this show.

We already know the new dates for the four SA festivals.  Hopefully the other five shows gets rescheduled soon.

Wikipedia still has the Guatemala and DR dates listed for April, tho. Not sure why.

1 minute ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

corona and no imminent album hitting the shelves

The four festival shows for this SA tour are already rescheduled for late November/ early December. If corona is still a problem by that time, then we are in too big of trouble to care about some band.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Axl attending soundcheck usually makes for a much better concert in general.

I hope they don't take down YT vids immediately, would love to see some clips from that show.

Might be the last GNR show before the virus hiatus, if not the last GNR show ever. They better give it their all and give the fans in Mexico one hell of a great show tonight.

Why would this be the last Guns show ever? 

8 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

corona and no imminent album hitting the shelves

Corona won’t last forever and even without any new music they can still fill at least arenas.

But it seems like Hardschool is coming out soon

2 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Axl attending soundcheck usually makes for a much better concert in general.

I hope they don't take down YT vids immediately, would love to see some clips from that show.

Might be the last GNR show before the virus hiatus, if not the last GNR show ever. They better give it their all and give the fans in Mexico one hell of a great show tonight.

Axl was at soundcheck before Berlin show so I’m not sure about it

1 minute ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

no album and cancelled shows is enough to just call it a day 

They won’t. They won’t stop until Axl can walk on stage and they are making big money out of it

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

Why would it be last show?

In case you didn't notice - the apocalypse is upon us. No zombies and shotguns, just washing hands, wearing facemasks and being under quarantine, but still. In six months, people will have other things to care about than rock concerts. The major players in the band are all pushing 60, Axl's medication, Slash's heart, Duff's pancreas...I wish them nothing but the best, but if any of them catches the virus before there is a cure/vaccination chances are they not gonna make it. :( So yeah, this could actually very well be the last GNR show ever.

• Haha 4

Oh boy!! Guns playing tonight!? Feels weird.. Hope they are ok. Old guys.

6 minutes ago, Caedo said:

Lol you people saying this will be the last show ever are hysterical. The virus will be done before the end of the year

Hope so!