03/14/20 - Mexico City, MX - Vive Latino Festival

While it’s neat they will play a new song and it gives solidity to the idea of a new album, what’s sad/disappointing is that it means hard school is likely the lead single which only goes to show that the band isn’t actually writing new shit and if they are, they clearly don’t believe in its quality. They are simply finishing Axl’s not-good-enough-for-Chinese Democracy songs and calling it the new album. I know we mostly figured that would be the case and bands often rehash un-used material for new albums but it just drives home the point of how half assed this half-ass reunion has been and will continue to be.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Stiff Competition said:

While it’s neat they will play a new song and it gives solidity to the idea of a new album, what’s sad/disappointing is that it means hard school is likely the lead single which only goes to show that the band isn’t actually writing new shit and if they are, they clearly don’t believe in its quality. They are simply finishing Axl’s not-good-enough-for-Chinese Democracy songs and calling it the new album. I know we mostly figured that would be the case and bands often rehash un-used material for new albums but it just drives home the point of how half assed this half-ass reunion has been and will continue to be.

There’s also the idea that Hard School has leaked. IF it’s the lead single reworked it could help bury that having happened. Yeah for us it sucks in ways for a single to be a song we have known. But for a great many it’s new to them. If a album is really in the works for release and they are using old material. It would make sense to lead with leaked material. Especially when a good majority have looked at the song as hit single material. Then they can keep the veil over anything that’s unheard currently by all. No sense spoiling the fraction of an album that’s unknown. Leave a little mystery. 

9 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

They are simply finishing Axl’s not-good-enough-for-Chinese Democracy songs

Remember, they planned to put out 3 albums, so I'm sure he kept some of the better tunes for the CD follow ups 

I can't imagine Scraped or Shacklers Revenge being upon the best 14 songs they recorded

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

No 2. Hardschool leaked and they were obviously working on it, it makes sense for them to release and work this song rather than start with something that completely unheard. 

To the real world, it is completely unheard. And also, it’s a horrible fucking song.

None of this will help them when they release it and all the press articles come out saying that the first GNR song in 20+ years is a rehashed Chinese left over.

2 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

To the real world, it is completely unheard. And also, it’s a horrible fucking song.

None of this will help them when they release it and all the press articles come out saying that the first GNR song in 20+ years is a rehashed Chinese left over.

I believe that the press and the casual fans give a fuck, when the song was written and who has credits. They probably don't even know about it yet.

44 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

I know we mostly figured that would be the case and bands often rehash un-used material for new albums but it just drives home the point of how half assed this half-ass reunion has been and will continue to be.

I am very critical of modern day GNR but to be fair to them, I am gonna wait until we see what this potential album is or if it even comes out before blasting the material we don't even know is on it lol

Edited by WhazUp

1 hour ago, adamsapple said:

In case you didn't notice - the apocalypse is upon us. No zombies and shotguns, just washing hands, wearing facemasks and being under quarantine, but still. In six months, people will have other things to care about than rock concerts. The major players in the band are all pushing 60, Axl's medication, Slash's heart, Duff's pancreas...I wish them nothing but the best, but if any of them catches the virus before there is a cure/vaccination chances are they not gonna make it. :( So yeah, this could actually very well be the last GNR show ever.

Damn... you need some reality! 

• Like 1