03/14/20 - Mexico City, MX - Vive Latino Festival

Yeah, I mentioned this in the COVID thread. I get that we’re all accustomed to poor communication from this management, but in the wake of a global pandemic that directly affects their tour, I wish they could be a little more open as to what is going on. It’s not that hard. I guess it’s safe to assume that the Mexico show is still a go, at least for now, seeing as we haven’t seen anything from the Mexican government saying otherwise. But it’s not wrong for fans to actually question it. 

Edited by GNRfanJen

24 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Yeah, I mentioned this in the COVID thread. I get that we’re all accustomed to poor communication from this management, but in the wake of a global pandemic that directly affects their tour, I wish they could be a little more open as to what is going on. It’s not that hard. I guess it’s safe to assume that the Mexico show is still a go, at least for now, seeing as we haven’t seen anything from the Mexican government saying otherwise. But it’s not wrong for fans to actually question it. 

25 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yet another good title for a book about GNR:

"Guns N' Roses - Seriously, How Hard Is It To..." 

Don't worry. Kat posted on instagram how the Fam is killing the virus with mezcal.

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

What the fuck are they talking about when they say 'GNR fam'? 

Their audience is in their 30s, 40s and 50s - it's embarrassing! 'Sad Dad' territory!  

In this case, Kat seems to mean herself, Frank, Melissa, Fernando and some others I don't know who are enjoying drinks and cocktails and being merry living the life.

6 minutes ago, WildStar said:

That's what you pay your Nightrain membership for! Minute by minute updates. Best fanclub in the world 

...and the passport, so that you can play GNAIR with all your friends. I've asked my Mum and Dad for the Pilot's Badge and the Aviator Glasses for Christmas so I can be the pilot. 

• Haha 1

Don’t kill me on this 1 like you cats always do but as a day 1 fan - I don’t see anything unfamiliar in what the band is doing - No announcements - who cares ? It’s Gnr 

No new Album - It’s Gnr - it’s their band not ours and have always liked that about them 

ive seen it all with this band - I like just sitting back and watch u guys and gals post stuff - Like they care!!! They don’t 

I understand that and have for ages 

I still love band and band I mean Slash - Duff - Izzy - Steven - Matt and Gilby - Not the Axl Rose solo project “ Chinese Democracy “ go ahead and blast but CD isn’t Gnfnr 

Still love the mysterious veil of silence this band has always had 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TMAC20 said:

Don’t kill me on this 1 like you cats always do but as a day 1 fan - I don’t see anything unfamiliar in what the band is doing - No announcements - who cares ? It’s Gnr 

No new Album - It’s Gnr - it’s their band not ours and have always liked that about them 

ive seen it all with this band - I like just sitting back and watch u guys and gals post stuff - Like they care!!! They don’t 

I still love band and band I mean Slash - Duff - Izzy - Steven - Matt and Gilby - Not the Axl Rose solo project “ Chinese Democracy “ go ahead and blast but CD isn’t Gnfnr 

Yeah I see the 1997-2014 lineups as a separate band that I just call “New GnR” in my head, whereas “real” GnR existed from 1985-1997 and has existed again since 2014 (or whenever it was that Duff came back to replace Tommy).

Do you count NITL as GnR?

53 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

What a ridiculous way to yet again work in the ridiculous and tired old "I decide who Guns N Roses is" 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

Yeah, but you're NOT a 'day 1' fan are you? You got into them at the same time as many, many, MANY other people. 

"I understand that and have for ages". Good for you. Give yourself a pat on the back. You worked out the band don't give a fuck about the fanbase. Not a revelation. 

Presume you ceased to be a fan then when the 'band' didn't feature "Slash - Duff - Izzy - Steven - Matt and Gilby" (not that these people were ever all in the band at the same time anyway of course) then? If 'CD isn't Gnfnr' then neither is what they're doing now, right? 

Unless this is yet another post aimed at trying to self-impose some superiority over every other user on this forum? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, but you're NOT a 'day 1' fan are you? You got into them at the same time as many, many, MANY other people. 

"I understand that and have for ages". Good for you. Give yourself a pat on the back. You worked out the band don't give a fuck about the fanbase. Not a revelation. 

Presume you ceased to be a fan then when the 'band' didn't feature "Slash - Duff - Izzy - Steven - Matt and Gilby" (not that these people were ever all in the band at the same time anyway of course) then? If 'CD isn't Gnfnr' then neither is what they're doing now, right? 

Unless this is yet another post aimed at trying to self-impose some superiority over every other user on this forum? 

That's correct, @TMAC20is in no way shape or form a "Day 1 fan" and it's borderline trolling that he keeps making such a ridiculous claim. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

In all honesty, it's no different than the way AC/DC and Van Halen run things. It sucks as a fan to constantly be left in the dark, but it shouldn't come as a surprise because it's been that way for decades. 

• GNFNR 1