03/14/20 - Mexico City, MX - Vive Latino Festival

I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. Festivals are notably a shortened setlist due to time constraints. Go figure that what they decide to cut out is the cool, new stuff. But to me this shows that the intention is there and it WILL be played. I hope? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Why did the pic of the set list get taken down (along with my reply to it)? Are setlist pics not allowed here anymore?

Gibbo posted that on here already and now it’s gone, curiously enough.

Anyways, I’m assuming my negativity had something to do with my reply getting revoked, so if that’s the case, I’ll just restate this:

looks like the new canon name of the song is Hard SKOOL.

I just removed it because it's from the other show that's all

12 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. Festivals are notably a shortened setlist due to time constraints. Go figure that what they decide to cut out is the cool, new stuff. But to me this shows that the intention is there and it WILL be played. I hope? 

No, they are not. It depends on the festival. All festivals i'ven seen them at, they played the full show.

axl said somethiing that in my view could be racist prior to november rain

his piano was broken he said

these dirty motherfuckers broke the piano 

i have it on video - and he goes on to say yeah i have like 29 pianos etc... other than that axl was on form last night 

just dissapointed no real new songs other than so fine which i enjoyed a lot 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

No, they are not. It depends on the festival. All festivals i'ven seen them at, they played the full show.

Their show (festival) last night was 2 1/2 hours. I went to a festival last year with Guns (twice, actually), and their set was 2 1/2 hours both times. We've become accustomed to them playing 3 hour shows, so that's what I'm going off of in terms of "full show." They took out all non-GN'R covers last night, why? Time constraints. They did the same at my festival shows last year. 

i took a bunch of videos btw coulldn't connect to  a stream will edit later and share but very surprised with axl's form he sang at almost 2010 levels 

the only parts that bothered me was better, he can't do it nor dead horse 

probably the best sweet child he's done in the nu era by far 

i have some complaints on frank that are obvious on songs like estranged, civil war, live and let die, dead horse etc he rushes sloppily or misses fills majorly annoying cause it ruins the song for me 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

2 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Their show (festival) last night was 2 1/2 hours. I went to a festival last year with Guns (twice, actually), and their set was 2 1/2 hours both times. We've become accustomed to them playing 3 hour shows, so that's what I'm going off of in terms of "full show." They took out all non-GN'R covers last night, why? Time constraints. They did the same at my festival shows last year. 

In that case, I can see why the new stuff got cut. Nonetheless, tho, it sucks that they couldn’t at least squeeze HardSkool in there somewhere (maybe in place of Don’t Cry or something) just to point towards the future in some form. It’s not like it’s a long song, anyways.

Really sucks that the virus had to hit now, of all times. Who even knows when the next show will be now?!

4 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

But that is not the norm. I saw them at 3 festivals and they played their 3+ hour shows. It totally depends on the festival and many times they are given the time to play the full show.

7 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i took a bunch of videos btw coulldn't connect to  a stream will edit later and share but very surprised with axl's form he sang at almost 2010 levels 

the only parts that bothered me was better, he can't do it nor dead horse 

probably the best sweet child he's done in the nu era by far 

i have some complaints on frank that are obvious on songs like civil war, live and let die, dead horse etc he rushes sloppily or misses fills majorly annoying cause it ruins the song for me 

Don't know if 2010 levels, but he really did sound amazing. He was really into it. We had two good streams and Axl sounded great. I would say it's his best post-2016 performance.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Axl sounded surprisingly good, especially for the first show after a break. It sucks that he didn't even sing on the only addition to the setlist, though.

thats how i felt leaving very dissapointed cause he had enough rasp to pull of coma or even locomotive and i kept waiting to hear PTU at the very least 

i don't regret going though he outperformed his 2016 performance which i thought he wouldn't be able to 

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Axl sounded surprisingly good, especially for the first show after a break. It sucks that he didn't even sing on the only addition to the setlist, though.

really? he didn't sing so fine? i was going mad after videos. Nevermind then...

7 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

But that is not the norm. I saw them at 3 festivals and they played their 3+ hour shows. It totally depends on the festival and many times they are given the time to play the full show.

That's fair. Let's just hope that in this case, they did have a time constraint which meant they had to cut it short. For our sake, anyway. 

26 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

axl said somethiing that in my view could be racist prior to november rain

his piano was broken he said

these dirty motherfuckers broke the piano 

:facepalm:

If that's what he said, it was some meaningless swearing, he probably meant their (Guns) own stage crew at most.

Nothing more, nothing less:lol:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Trin9498 said:

Be nice if GNR would at least shuffle the songs around....estranged should be an encore. 

estranged might have been the best performance of the night got the whole thing filmed

3 minutes ago, EricA said:

:facepalm:

If that's what he said, it was some meaningless swearing, he probably meant their (Guns) own stage crew at most.

Nothing more, nothing less:lol:

hope so - it was certainly off script 

Not trying to upset anyone, just asking a genuine question. What's up with the moderator control? I was keeping up on this thread all night and was surprised to see the constant mention of deleting repetitive comments, staying on topic and closing of the thread when everyone was livid. It just seems like it's never been controlled like that before.