03/14/20 - Mexico City, MX - Vive Latino Festival

1 minute ago, Jwalker19 said:

Not trying to upset anyone, just asking a genuine question. What's up with the moderator control? I was keeping up on this thread all night and was surprised to see the constant mention of deleting repetitive comments, staying on topic and closing of the thread when everyone was livid. It just seems like it's never been controlled like that before.

i have my theories 

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

axl said somethiing that in my view could be racist prior to november rain

his piano was broken he said

these dirty motherfuckers broke the piano 

i have it on video - and he goes on to say yeah i have like 29 pianos etc... other than that axl was on form last night 

just dissapointed no real new songs other than so fine which i enjoyed a lot 

Wow. 

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Great they nearly played an unreleased song and sounded ok.....but come on folks. 

I can't think of a single band who would play the (broadly) same set for 5 years. Not one. 

The bar has become so low now in terms of what we're excited by. 

Basically any band of their age/success.

Even if they released a new double (hell even triple) album the setlist would still mostly be as it is now.

9 minutes ago, Jwalker19 said:

Not trying to upset anyone, just asking a genuine question. What's up with the moderator control? I was keeping up on this thread all night and was surprised to see the constant mention of deleting repetitive comments, staying on topic and closing of the thread when everyone was livid. It just seems like it's never been controlled like that before.

I'd say it has a lot to do with letting cooler heads prevail. But if it's also a small effort to mend relations with gnr/management so be it! No harm having a dialogue... but I don't think we're being censored 😄

5 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Basically any band of their age/success.

Even if they released a new double (hell even triple) album the setlist would still mostly be as it is now.

lol sure

2 minutes ago, Tyler Drama said:

What are they?

hmmm lets just say someone else already said it but i think it was deleted 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

1 hour ago, Gibbo said:

Printed in January

FB-IMG-1584288422978.jpg

If this was indeed the correct setlist (and that's a big if).

Then they clearly cut a lot from last nights setlist (not even shadow of your love made it in). 

Perhaps they decided to cut the bulk of the new stuff because they'll be doing the bulk of the tour later in the year. Still weird though.

16 minutes ago, Jwalker19 said:

I cut out about half way through the show, but I was involved with deleting of people posting the song titles over and over. It just kept the thread more streamlined to have 1 post with the next song in the set instead of 10. I went to bed about half way through the show, so I can't speak for what occurred after that. 

14 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i have my theories 

LOL, no matter how many times you try to insinuate it; TB has absolutely no control and nothing to do with how we run this site. Never has, never will. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

If this was indeed the correct setlist (and that's a big if).

Then they clearly cut a lot from last nights setlist (not even shadow of your love made it in). 

Perhaps they decided to cut the bulk of the new stuff because they'll be doing the bulk of the tour later in the year. Still weird though.

thats annoying as fuck i knew they cut out songs i only went to hear think about you and PTU 

1 minute ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

thats annoying as fuck i knew they cut out songs i only went to hear think about you and PTU 

So you only bought tickets to gnr to hear 2 songs they haven't played in 10 and 20 years? Not a solid investment given the bands stance on changing the set😅 

When I bought tickets for Lisbon I knew the chances of hearing the old set were still very high, I take my chances and IF the show goes ahead I'm just going to enjoy the show and have a few drinks.

If I got last nights show, I'd be pretty happy tbh!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

So you only bought tickets to gnr to hear 2 songs they haven't played in 10 and 20 years? Not a solid investment given the bands stance on changing the set😅 

When I bought tickets for Lisbon I knew the chances of hearing the old set were still very high, I take my chances and IF the show goes ahead I'm just going to enjoy the show and have a few drinks.

If I got last nights show, I'd be pretty happy tbh!

Yeah half of the reason was that axl rehearsed as well so knew he would do a good job which he did 

• Like 1

PPL please stop saying that HS was on the setlist: that is a photo that someone posted on facebook, God knows who posted it (anyone can create a "setlist" and print it out and post it online), and even if legit, it is from JANUARY 31st. We all want new songs, but last night Axl did a great job (besides the coronavirus joke and the dirty mention to whoever he was referring to - that is not a nice way to refer to anyone that works for you - unless if those are from TB, that it would be ok LOL :lol:)

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I cut out about half way through the show, but I was involved with deleting of people posting the song titles over and over. It just kept the thread more streamlined to have 1 post with the next song in the set instead of 10. I went to bed about half way through the show, so I can't speak for what occurred after that. 

LOL, no matter how many times you try to insinuate it; TB has absolutely no control and nothing to do with how we run this site. Never has, never will. 

I think Team Brazil would have had you ban me for my earlier comments on this thread already. :lol:

• Haha 1

The band was very energetic and into the show last nite. I enjoyed pretty much the whole show from the streams. Axl was on fire and definitely changed my recent pessimistic view from the band. Wish we could've had more surprises but the bigger picture is that Axl is caring again, which is awesome.

• Like 1

Just now, jafeijo said:

The band was very energetic and into the show last nite. I enjoyed pretty much the whole show from the streams. Axl was on fire and definitely changed my recent pessimistic view from the band. Wish we could've had more surprises but the bigger picture is that Axl is caring again, which is awesome.

He chatted and interacted with crowd bit more too 

12 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Overall, this was a great show. Remove all the bullshit and whining. Band was great. Ax was in fine form. 

Onward. 

To provide an example I thought he would slaughter scom but he fucking nailed it lol all of it!!

my biggest but is dead horse axl can’t do the main parts that well extremely challenging and it’s the song that frank butchers the most

lol i don't know why everyone is mad with the setlist i mean yeah they didn't play HS but imo is not a good song lol i rather to hear Atlas, the setlist was good and they played so fine for the first time in almost 27 years ( the sad part is that axl didn't sing any part of the song so that sucks lol), crazy and DH, axl voice was good, sooo you know what is the baad part of the show ?? they didn't played the seeker bruh...

• Like 1