03/14/20 - Mexico City, MX - Vive Latino Festival

5 minutes ago, Joraz said:

Even though setlist could be fake, bit weird the additions on the setlist were such obscure songs that DID get soundtested??

Looks damn real to me as axl is indecisive yet smart he would cut the new ones and keep band and fans wanting more 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, GN'R MEX said:

lol i don't know why everyone is mad with the setlist i mean yeah they didn't play HS but imo is not a good song lol i rather to hear Atlas, the setlist was good and they played so fine for the first time in almost 27 years ( the sad part is that axl didn't sing any part of the song so that sucks lol), crazy and DH, axl voice was good, sooo you know what is the baad part of the show ?? they didn't played the seeker bruh...

No Pretty Tied Up or Think About You, even though those sounded great in rehearsals. :/

12 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

To provide an example I thought he would slaughter scom but he fucking nailed it lol all of it!!

my biggest but is dead horse axl can’t do the main parts that well extremely challenging and it’s the song that frank butchers the most

Agreed! 

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

No Pretty Tied Up or Think About You, even though those sounded great in rehearsals. :/

Patience, my friend. Patience. 

4 minutes ago, basquejungle said:

Pros

• Axl seemed to be in a better mood, sang better and seemed to give a fuck.
  • Slash. 

Cons

• Same setlist (minor alterations), stage set-up, graphics.
  • Previous years were so mediocre for Axl that we accept every little improvement. Still, not acceptable to me. I wouldn't pay a fucking fortune —that's what they charge— to see them.
  • No new songs besides So Fine, and Axl didn't even sing on it.

Conclusions

• It's such a shame how the reunion has led into this nostalgia bullshit. I mean, Slash and Duff rejoining the band has already been capitalized on for a long time now, since 2017. 
  • This is sad to witness for long hard-die fans and it has gotten very boring. You can't ask for more to bands like Aerosmith or the Stones, who have a 15+ album catalogue, but GN'R have 5 albums worth of original material and they have just released 14 original songs in 27 years. Lord, come clear already: you plan on touring forever, rescuing a couple of songs back every year? Fine. Just state it clearly, plain and simple.
  • Otherwise, release fuckin new music already! They are a multi-million brand working with the most powerful record labels on earth. They have a million ways of releasing music and making money in the end. It isn't 1991, new bands with no money are doing really well — they don't need no excuses at all! 
  • I get touring is what makes them earn the big pay-check, but, c'mon, at least try to come up with a new concept for the tour. This has been pure cash-grab since 2018: expensive ticket and merch, that's all. 
  • I have lost all my hopes, honestly. This is capitalist rock n roll: money, money, and more money, that's what they care for. Well, at least they should earn that money.  

THIS times 100x

its exactly how i felt as soon as Slash started the first strings of Paradise City and I started to walk out, they got my money again 

i could understand if it was a true nostalgic act with all original members and some rotation of deeper cuts, but paying hired hands with no new music to maximize $ will only last for so long before the joke is on them and guy's like izzy remain intact with legendary rock icon status and GNR become on the same wave length as Poison Iron Maiden and Motley Crue etc 

i am even being a bit softer than normal just because of the two pro's you listed 

one of the cons i did notice is that the band minus slash sucks fucking balls and doesn't matter how good axl sings they don't come close to sounding like gnr i do like melissa's supporting vocals though but richard doesn't know the notes, frank plays a different a song and doesn't follow slash and dizzy a major spectacle there on the bongos just a goof 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

1 hour ago, Jwalker19 said:

Not trying to upset anyone, just asking a genuine question. What's up with the moderator control? I was keeping up on this thread all night and was surprised to see the constant mention of deleting repetitive comments, staying on topic and closing of the thread when everyone was livid. It just seems like it's never been controlled like that before.

Well, I think the fact they had to temporarily close the thread right after the show tells you Just as much as actually keeping it open and reading the general view

• Thanks 1

they are supposed to come to the lucas oil stadium, i don't care if they open the roof that night...not going.

"not going till" they set a date for the old noblesville amphitheater like the double date they did in 91, that's when it was still real to me.

Edited by HOOSIER GUNZ

3 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

THIS times 100x

its exactly how i felt as soon as Slash started the first strings of Paradise City and I started to walk out, they got my money again 

i could understand if it was a true nostalgic act with all original members and some rotation of deeper cuts, but paying hired hands with no new music to maximize $ will only last for so long before the joke is on them and guy's like izzy remain intact with legendary rock icon status and GNR become on the same wave length as Poison Iron Maiden and Motley Crue etc 

Iron Maiden release new albums every 4-5 years and revisit old albums with new stage setup, setlist, technology... I have seen them a couple of times myself and you can tell they still got it. Bruce Dickinson has gone through cancer and sings really well and performs extraordinarily given his good physique. I mean, they deserve every penny they earn.

3 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

axl said somethiing that in my view could be racist prior to november rain

his piano was broken he said

these dirty motherfuckers broke the piano 

i have it on video - and he goes on to say yeah i have like 29 pianos etc... other than that axl was on form last night 

just dissapointed no real new songs other than so fine which i enjoyed a lot 

Uh...wtf are you talking about?

6 minutes ago, HOOSIER GUNZ said:

they are supposed to come to the lucas oil stadium, i don't care if they open the roof that night...not going.

"not going till" they set a date for the old noblesville amphitheater like the double date they did in 91, that's when it was still real to me.

Maybe they should just cancel that date entirely, since you’re not going to attend.

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

So you only bought tickets to gnr to hear 2 songs they haven't played in 10 and 20 years? Not a solid investment given the bands stance on changing the set😅 

When I bought tickets for Lisbon I knew the chances of hearing the old set were still very high, I take my chances and IF the show goes ahead I'm just going to enjoy the show and have a few drinks.

If I got last nights show, I'd be pretty happy tbh!

Agreed. But there’s no use in trying to reason with these unhappy people. They’re unhappy no matter what the band does.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HOOSIER GUNZ said:

"Now won't anybody tell me what is real?" Bumblefoot, 2005 😁

2 minutes ago, ericy210 said:

Only one answer matters.  Did the attendees at the show have fun?

Seems like they did!

Now that I’ve had time to think it over, if I were the band, I would’ve swapped out Slither and Don’t Cry for Pretty Tied Up and Think About You, respectively.

I guess sitting on Hardschool for a little bit longer makes sense, if the plan really is to release it officially at some point soon.

Edited by rocknroll41

So I just listened to November Rain. The deal is that Axl had to use his backup piano because his main one wasn't working for some reason. When Axl sits down, he plays a piano chord a few times to tune it, I guess. I might be going crazy, but I swear it's the same piano chord as the opening chord in Perhaps. Obviously doesn't actually mean anything, but yeah, just an observation. 

2 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

So I just listened to November Rain. The deal is that Axl had to use his backup piano because his main one wasn't working for some reason. When Axl sits down, he plays a piano chord a few times to tune it, I guess. I might be going crazy, but I swear it's the same piano chord as the opening chord in Perhaps. Obviously doesn't actually mean anything, but yeah, just an observation. 

There is a long moment prior where they had to replace it and he made those remarks off the cuff I thought he might go in vintage axl mode saying oh now the Harley seat doesn’t fit etc 

he was getting half pissy half funny