03/14/20 - Mexico City, MX - Vive Latino Festival

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

But you shouldn't be forced to have to choose to lose money. Not when concerts around the world get cancelled and postponed.

I see only one dumbass here. The passive agressive one, who can't argue things without insulting others and is too stupid to get what others are saying. But that's the dumbass everyone here knows.

Yeah it's not ideal, but like I said money or health. It would be nice if someone made decisions for you, but sometimes you have to do it for yourself and sometimes you might lose a little. That's life!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sl4yer said:

I still believe that this wasn’t troll or anything and we will hear it sooner than later.

Even if they didn’t play any alts, I still loved the show. It’s my favorite show since a long time. Way better than Miami and most of 2019 ones

Ah I think GNR have trolled us before, but there's no way they went to the trouble of rearranging and rehearsing hardschool just to troll an online forum, I am 100% certain of that. If anyone truly believes that they need to get out more.

They will play the song, it was obviously intended for the upcoming shows but plans changed! jaysis!

• Like 1

This article said that members of the band didn't want to come and play, the organizers threat the band with a series of penalties and the money would not be reinbursed to the concert goers. Members of GNR went to Mexico very pissed.

The principals members arrive in Mexico on friday and get out of mexico inmediately after the concert

https://www.eluniversal.com.mx/espectaculos/obligan-guns-n-roses-cumplir-contrato

Edited by Georgina Arriaga
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Wow 3

26 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

This article said that members of the band didn't want to come and play, the organizers threat the band with a series of penalties and the money would not be reinbursed to the concert goers. Members of GNR went to Mexico very pissed.

The principals members arrive in Mexico on friday and get out of mexico inmediately after the concert

https://www.eluniversal.com.mx/espectaculos/obligan-guns-n-roses-cumplir-contrato

Very interesting stuff. Explains a lot. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sl4yer said:

t's unfortunate that things didn't go as planned. This was supposed to be the start of a Latin American tour. But instead it was a one off.

Anyone complaining about the setlist can relax. The different songs not played last night were meant to be played on this leg. But, due to the circumstances of this turning into a one off, I guess things changed.

Stay safe!

/jarmo

if it's real when can dream to hear Hard skool or Hard school one day !!!

2 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

No need to be so harsh, my dude. A week ago, everyone in the US was going to sporting events, concerts, etc. Their reality in Mexico City is probably where we were a couple weeks back. No one was staying home then ahead of the inevitable threat.

Right and completely irrelevant to the discussion he and I were having, which was off topic for this thread really.  

1 hour ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Could explain the shortened and safe setlist.

We finally get a new Guns song added to the setlist but it’s pulled due to a once in a lifetime pandemic. How unlucky is that!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Could explain the shortened and safe setlist.

We finally get a new Guns song added to the setlist but it’s pulled due to a once in a lifetime pandemic. How unlucky is that!

That’s God trying to tell the world that he doesn’t like the ChiDem Leftovers! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

60,000 spectators in Mexico. Plus crew there. Plus band's on key people of crew, staff, musicans,  truck drivers, pilot  and so on. 

That is a lot of people, spectators,   to move  back throughout wherever  they came from. Hopefully :shrugs:there will be no outbreaks.  I get GnR could not cancel  or postpone in a week or have a lawsuit. Different country, different laws.  The world does not need 60,000 going back to all parts wherever.  GnR ,I am sure got every kind of shot from their doctors and their key people too who had to go.  Anyone here who went, best to you.

9 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

for some reason I think that article is not true axl seemed to be in a good mood at the concert, and they played a ''rare song'' if he was upset why would reward people who went to the festival with a 'new song' they could just played the same setlist with the adition of DH and crazy, this thing was for another reason, and i think he's the type of person who doesn't care about contracts if he doesn't want to do it he just dont and bc hes rich lol

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, GN'R MEX said:

for some reason I think that article is not true axl seemed to be in a good mood at the concert, and they played a ''rare song'' if he was upset why would reward people who went to the festival with a 'new song' they could just played the same setlist with the adition of DH and crazy, this thing was for another reason, and i think he's the type of person who doesn't care about contracts if he doesn't want to do it he just dont and bc hes rich lol

I think this. If the band didnt want to do it then theg would have cancelled....or pull out the last setlist from the  last NITL show and used that.

2 hours ago, GN'R MEX said:

He is rich, but I bet Axl needs to be way more careful with contracts nowadays. 

About the "rare song" - that was just Duff's choice for his solo spot. 

10 hours ago, Coma16 said:

I wonder if the plan was to revamp the setlist or just slide in Hardschool into the NITL show.

It is beginning to look like "A Whole New Show" = one new song and a few deep cuts we haven't played in a while.  GnFnR MFers!!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GN'R MEX said:

Because the attending people at the Festival are not responsible if the organizers are dicks!? But yeah, I also feel he was in a good mood and judging by the hanger-ons social medias they all were quite happy to go on tour again. So really, I take this article with a big grain of salt.

I don’t get it. Live nation books guns gigs, right? So would the festival organizers sue live nation and guns? 

With Axls history I’m sure he has to be careful to not miss shows. Like how he launched nitl with broken foot.

but it’s ultimately live nation that Axl needs to prove himself too. And live nation has postponed all its tours. So Axl wouldn’t be letting them down at all.

Mogwai pulled out of that festival due to the virus. Surely guns could afford the penalties more than mogwai?

if that article is accurate it seems that guns just chose not to loose the money?

23 minutes ago, soon said:

I don’t get it. Live nation books guns gigs, right? So would the festival organizers sue live nation and guns? 

With Axls history I’m sure he has to be careful to not miss shows. Like how he launched nitl with broken foot.

but it’s ultimately live nation that Axl needs to prove himself too. And live nation has postponed all its tours. So Axl wouldn’t be letting them down at all.

Mogwai pulled out of that festival due to the virus. Surely guns could afford the penalties more than mogwai?

if that article is accurate it seems that guns just chose not to loose the money?

I took it as that, and them doing it for the fans as refunds were not happening.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, soon said:

Well. Most likely GNR wanted to do the tour. Otherwise they would have just fallen in line with Live Nation and AEG pulling all their major tours. They only stopped when Governments shut shit down.

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well. Most likely GNR wanted to do the tour. Otherwise they would have just fallen in line with Live Nation and AEG pulling all their major tours. They only stopped when Governments shut shit down.

Oh, maybe my timeline is off. I know that Guns was intending to tour anywhere that the gov hadnt cancelled, but then I thought it was LN who pulled the plug?

Thats part of why Im confused about the situation between LN, Guns and the festival organizers. Was this not a LN booking?

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

Where exactly does he say that mexicans are dirty motherfuckers? GNR has their own crew, so most likely he's talking about his own people. And what exactly does Axl being Axl explain?

i dont think he would call all his own crew dirty although its possible also provided the coronavirus im guessing he labelled them as being dirty cause in shipping crew relies on local logistics